cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on Samsung TV

Monicag
Local Performer

App won’t play music on Samsung smart TV. I’ve deleted and reinstalled app 3 times, songs/ads don’t play but they skip randomly.

Labels (2)
126 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for confirming, @cw11372.

Sounds like you're back to listening without any issues.

Happy listening! 📺

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

PeiMom
Local Performer

Try unplugging the power to the TV (I don't have an option to get to network settings as stated below)... and then plug it in again.......... Worked like a charm!

Shelly71bean
Local Performer

This worked for me. Thank you!!!

AdamPandora

@Shelly71bean Glad to hear things are back up and running again. 😄

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

nmartsching1090
Local Performer

@Julie49   You would not believe how many times I've called for help, and they have taken over my t.v. and fixed it, only for it to quit playing sound again.

By turning IPv6 off, I was able to fix it myself.  Thank you so much!!!

TannerPandora

Hooray! I'm glad the steps @Julie49 provided were able to help! 🎉

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Russ_07
Underground

my TV does not have options to turn IPV6 off

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Russ_07 thanks for posting and sorry to hear that. 

Can you let me know the model and year of your Samsung TV?

0 Kudos

Russ_07
Underground

My TV is UN55RU7200FXZA

My TV Software version is T-MSLAKUC -1356.0

I’ve tried every suggestion from the forum except "IPV6"  by @Julie49  because I do not have a setting to turn it off.
Please help!!!!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks @Russ_07! I know this is completely frustrating and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

I've included your Pandora account and device information on the ticket for our engineers. They are investigating this issue. 

We appreciate your patience! 🎧

0 Kudos

Barnfry
Local Performer

I have a 6 month old Samsung smart TV (Model Code QN65Q60RAFXZA), with current Software (T-MSMAKUC-1356.2, B0970101/070104, BT-S)

I have been using my Pandora account on the internal app without problems until recently. Stations will no longer play. The progress bar for the song doesn't advance, and reads 0:00 at both left and right of the progress bar. 

I have reinstalled the app more than once with no change. My account plays all my stations without issue on iOS or in the web player, it's just the Samsung TV app that's not working.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Barnfry! Thanks for posting to community. 

We are aware of an issue that is effecting Samsungs TVs. Our engineers are currently investigating the cause of this. 

I've gone ahead and included your info on our ticket. I'll be making updates in this thread as they are made available to me, so please keep an eye out. 

In the meantime, thank you for your patience!

0 Kudos

Barnfry
Local Performer

UPDATE: advertisements will play, songs will not.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Barnfry Thanks so much for sharing that info.

I'll be sure to update your information on the ticket we have open with the engineering team for this issue. 

We appreciate your patience during this process!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Jrzygirltrekkie
Local Performer

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

I've been trying to get Pandora to work on my Samsung TV for over a year!  I tried all of the fixes-from  checking for updates to unplugging everything to uninstalling the app to Samsung's suggestion of a complete factory reset. 

Pandora worked fine on all my computers, TV's and devices until about a year ago...it just stopped but only on the Samsung TV!

This little "IPv6" fixed worked immediately...I'm so happy!!

I have listened to Pandora from its beginning and have created stations that I love.  I listen at work all day and then at home.  I've tried Spotify and even Sirius but they are not as good as Pandora.

Can't thank you enough Julie,

Susan in NY

Jbtaco2002
Local Performer

Hi, just noticed issues with Pandora today on my Samsung TV as well. 

Went through all troubleshooting steps, updated TV firmware, disabled ipv6, reset router to no avail. Earlier today it played 1 song then stopped. Now all songs stuck at 0:00 so basically the song is not loading.

See here it is a known issue, so what's going on?? Any updates? 

Thanks

John 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jbtaco2002 Let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

MIchael94501
Local Performer

THANK YOU-that worked. 

James007
Local Performer

Another Solution: I have a new Samsung TV in 2020.  Pandora went out after working.  Today I went to Settings, General, Network, Expert Settings, and I turned "IP Remote" to "Enable."  Then Pandora's sound worked. 

Update: 

My "Another Solution" stopped working after one song!  So disregard. 

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

W0wM0m
Local Performer

Same issue here.  Brand new TV  -  Just got it all set up.  I tried all suggestions in this thread and none work.  The IPv6 option is not even available on this tv.

Please fix this.  It is absurd.

0 Kudos