cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on Samsung TV

Monicag
Local Performer

App won’t play music on Samsung smart TV. I’ve deleted and reinstalled app 3 times, songs/ads don’t play but they skip randomly.

Labels (2)
126 Replies

Gina499
Local Performer
  • This worked for me as well. I signed out, rebooted a bunch of times (this had worked in the past) and finally worked with the IPV6 tip. Thanks 

bsprad
Local Performer

My Samsung Q70T does not give me an option to change IPv6 settings on expert settings, only "power on with mobile" and "IP remote". Any clues? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bsprad Nice to see you around the Community.

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Next, please try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung device.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

You should also contact Samsung directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

You can view their support page here. Or, contact them directly using this link.

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

NicoleOro
Local Performer

I see nothing under there that says Ipv6. Mine says Power on with Mobile and IP remote. Mine was on off and Pandora did not work. I enabled it and it still does not work. Is this the IPv6 you are speaking of?

michelebates62
Local Performer

I tried the solution that is written about in many of the posts.  I turned off the IPv6 on my samsung smart tv.  My pandora sound is still not working.  I logged out of my account and logged back in.  I had already tried the deleting and reinstalling of the app.  I do not know what to do!!!  Please help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@michelebates62 We've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

*For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.*

First, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Next, please try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung device.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.

You should also contact Samsung directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

You can view their support page here. Or, contact them directly using this link.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Beautiful1
Local Performer

Try Reinstalling the app. Thats what I did it works now. Hopefully this helps.

AdamPandora

@Beautiful1 Thanks for sharing your experience! 

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Enjoy the music! 🎧

0 Kudos

Sdunn
Local Performer

I went through your steps but I don't have IPv6, I only show IP remote....any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Sdunn We've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

*For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.*

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

shelorw01
Local Performer

I have the pandora app on my tv but I dont have any sound now. How can i fix this?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @shelorw01! Thanks for posting.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: No sound on Samsung TV

It looks like you may have contacted our User Support team as well. I recommend following up with them via email for further help. This will help curb any confusion and or duplicate troubleshooting steps. 

If you're still running into trouble, some listeners have been able to resolve this issue from the accepted solution found here

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

bobjoewc
Local Performer

My easiest fix was to refresh the Samsung TV by:

Pressing and holding the Samsung remote power button until the Samsung name appeared on the TV.Then select the Pandora icon on the TV and click to turn it on.                                                              Presto, it's refreshed and you get music from the TV or from your surround sound from the receiver.

AmberAnne329
Local Performer

This worked perfectly! Thank you SO much. We’ve been banging our heads on the wall trying to figure out why this has been happening. We had even set our TV back to factory reset twice and uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no luck. Did this and it worked right away! Thank you thank you thank you!

AlyssaPandora

Thank you for that helpful tip, @bobjoewc. 👍

Glad to hear it worked for you too, @AmberAnne329. 🎵

If anything else pops up, please let us know. 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Lexus4502
Local Performer

Someone please help. Pandora will not work on brand new 82” Samsung qled. Pandora will open and load but once I choose a station the song comes up and acts like it’s playing but the progress bar at the bottom of the screen remind 00

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Lexus4502! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread that seems similar to your post: No sound on Samsung TV

A few listeners have said that the marked solution found here has worked for them. Let me know if this worked for you. 

In the meantime, I've passed your info along to our engineers who are investigating. 

Thank you!

-----

Update, 12/17

Hi @Lexus4502 Just wanted to follow up about the model number for your TV. Thank you!

0 Kudos

kthomas
Local Performer

hello,

I am not able to hear any sound. i have recieved any error messages. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kthomas! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread: No sound on Samsung TV

Feel free to take a look at the accepted solution here, several other listeners have confirmed that this has worked for them. 

If this solution doesn't help, can you let me know the model of your TV? I can pass your info along to our engineers who have been investigating this. 

Thanks much and happy Holidays!

0 Kudos

coastalevans
Local Performer

Pandora app stopped working after latest update 12/15/2020.

App loads on TV, album cover displays, equalizer icon active, but song counter stays at 00:00, no sound. Advance to next song, same thing.

Contacted Samsung support...

- factory reset TV

- updated TV software

- reconnected network

- reinstalled app

Same problem continues with Pandora.....

All other apps work correctly.

Samsung states it's a Pandora App issue.

Tried rebooting network.....

- Reset factory TV settings again.

- reconnected to network

- Reinstalled Pandora

Same problem continues with Pandora App only......

HELP!!

0 Kudos