cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on Samsung TV

Monicag
Local Performer

App won’t play music on Samsung smart TV. I’ve deleted and reinstalled app 3 times, songs/ads don’t play but they skip randomly.

Labels (2)
126 Replies

MikeInEnc
Local Performer

My Samsung TV plays 1 or 2 songs and stops.  The bar at the bottom showing time has 0:00 on both the left and right.    The only way to get it to play a song is change stations.  But then it does it again.

I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling.  I've power cycled tv and router off and on.  I've read through some of the other threads looking for anything else to try.  It plays fine on phones and pc, so it's not the network/router.  This happened on a Vizio TV we had previously too and gave up.   But this is a new Samsung TV. 
Model UN55TU8000FXZA

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MikeInEnc I moved your message over to an existing thread: No sound on Samsung TV

Feel free to take a look at the accepted solution here, several other listeners have confirmed that this has worked for them. 

If this solution doesn't help, please follow up and let me know.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

MikeInEnc
Local Performer

Those don't work.  In Network Expert Settings is no option to turn IP6V on or off.   In update the option to update is not available.  Evidently it's up to the latest version. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MikeInEnc Sorry to hear that. Can you tell us a bit more about your setup? For instance:

1. Which Samsung model is this?: UN55TU8000FXZA
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what exactly does it say?
  3. Which firmware version do you have? (To find this press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. The Firmware Version will be displayed to the right.)
  4. How is your device connected to the internet (Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi)?
  5. Do you have similar issues listening to Pandora on your computer?
  6. Which internet service provider do you use?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

MikeInEnc
Local Performer
  1. Which Samsung model is this?: UN55TU8000FXZA
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what exactly does it say?  No error message.  The bar at the bottom of a song shows 0:00 on both left and right side, like it didn't buffer or load.
  3. Which firmware version do you have? (To find this press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. The Firmware Version will be displayed to the right.)  1460
  4. How is your device connected to the internet (Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi)? Ethernet cable
  5. Do you have similar issues listening to Pandora on your computer? No. It works on my phones and PC.
  6. Which internet service provider do you use? Suddenlink
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MikeInEnc Thanks for sending that information. 

I have added your report to the ticket we have open with our engineering team so they can further investigate.

In the meantime, I've also removed that device association from your account to see if it resolves the issue.

This will automatically sign you out, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

You can then follow these steps to set up Pandora:

1. Launch Pandora and select Log In.
  2. You will see the activation screen, with the activation code.  Make sure to keep the activation code screen up on your device until after all steps are complete.
  3. If you'd like to activate your device from the web, visit this activation page and enter the activation code. To activate your device from your mobile phone instead, open the Pandora app and go to Settings, then tap Device Activation and enter the code.
  4. Finally, select Continue on your device.

Let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos

DRC
Local Performer

Pandora plays but no sound on new Samsung TV

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora and still no sound.  It plays but no sound.

0 Kudos

wynray
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue - Samsung said to call Pandora - how does one do that?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@DRC @wynray I moved your messages over to an existing thread: No sound on Samsung TV

Feel free to take a look at the accepted solution here, several other listeners have confirmed that this has worked for them. 

If this solution doesn't help, please follow up and let me know.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

wynray
Local Performer

Tried unplugging the TV and then trying - to no avail - looks like the music is playing, but still no sound

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@wynray Sorry to hear that. Can you tell us a bit more about your setup? For instance:

1. Which Samsung model is this?:
  3. Which firmware version do you have? (To find this press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. The Firmware Version will be displayed to the right.)
  5. Do you have similar issues listening to Pandora on your computer?
  6. Which internet service provider do you use?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Ohokie
Local Performer

I had these exact symptoms on a new Samsung Q80T TV.  My issue turned out to be some "Parental Controls" I had set up on my Linksys network router in an attempt to block ads from Samsung (an annoyance for another thread).  Not saying this is your issue but it solved mine.  Might check to see if your router is set up to block any pages from Samsung (as a result of trying to block ads or any other reason).  Good luck.

0 Kudos

MikeInEnc
Local Performer

That didn't help. I can't find my post there to respond.  Plus it didn't fix my issue.  But I think I know where it's messing up.  I realized that on my tv Pandora isn't playing any of the advertisements.  But on my phone on the same account it does.  My guess is the app on the TV isn't switching to the advertisements.  The song just sits at 0 on both ends.  

0 Kudos

cia
Local Performer

Suddenly no sound on tv app

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @cia. 👋

I'd like to share your info with our engineering team as they are aware of this issue.

Can you tell us a bit more about your setup? 

1. Which Samsung model is this?:
  5. Which internet / cable service provide do you use?
  6. Do you have similar issues listening to Pandora on your computer?

Let me know, and I can pass this information along on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

mkl70
Local Performer

Julie49

you are brilliant thank you so much for coming up with a solution of deleting the I PV6 I am not computer savvy whatsoever and was so frustrated not being able to listen to my music after deleting Pandora and then reapplying the app and nothing happened. Then as simple as deleting the IPv6 worked On my Samsung smart TV. Thank you thank you

0 Kudos

SignorFrancesco
Local Performer

That worked immediately! Thank you!

mbd061146
Local Performer

Was working fine, now there is no sound, just picture. Tried to sign in over and over

0 Kudos

mlg1900
Local Performer

Hello, I am having this same issue.  It just started this week on my TV.  I like to listen to Pandora music on my TV all the time and this week I just noticed the app opens and shows the album covers and the icon moves like it is playing but the timer does not move from 0:00 and no sound plays.  I have also deleted the app and reinstalled the app.  It is connected from wifi.  All other apps on TV work.  Pandora works on my laptop and phone without issues with wifi.  

about SamsungTV info:  

Model code UN58TU7000FXZA

Software Version T-KTSU2AKUC-1420.0

Any help or fixes found from this question from December?  I really want pandora working again on my TV!  

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Edcanada
Local Performer

Didsabling IPv6 on my internet router seems to have fixed it for me. The Pandora app did not have any options for disabling it.