cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on Sony Bravia (Android TV)

Kensaw49
Underground

Sony Bravia XBR55X950G has been playing Pandora fine until one week ago.  Now there is no sound when launching the app.  All other apps using TV sound are working fine.  Internet working fine with local provider RCN

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Kensaw49! Thanks for posting. 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us diagnose this, while this trace is enabled, I'd like to run through some of our troubleshooting. Seems like you've already tried a few things, but please bear with me. 

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Kensaw49! Thanks for posting. 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us diagnose this, while this trace is enabled, I'd like to run through some of our troubleshooting. Seems like you've already tried a few things, but please bear with me. 

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

Let me know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Kensaw49
Underground

Thanks for the reply. I will be trying your suggestions later on today and will get back to you with the results

0 Kudos

Kensaw49
Underground

It turns out that it is a Sony issue since other streaming apps have no sound. Thank you for your suggestions. Considered this issue resolved

AdamPandora

Thanks for providing us with that update, @Kensaw49.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora: 

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Beamer328
Local Performer

My issues here on my Sony Smart TV started after downloading a recent software update.  Everything was working fine until this download.  I can access the PandoraApp but, there is no sound.  I can see the equalizer thing on Pandora moving but, no sound.  I have sound to my TV regular stations and other Apps such as Netflix streamed movies.

0 Kudos

Beamer328
Local Performer

Wow!  It now works!!!  I just restarted my modem/router and that did it.  Yipeeee!  Pandora is great and cool...

TannerPandora

Hi @Beamer328! Thanks for posting your experience and glad you were able to get Pandora working after rebooting your modem and router. 

Let us know if you run into trouble again! Have a great Thursday! 👍🏻

0 Kudos

Glenwood
Underground

I am having the same issue. Pandora app shows the little bars that the song is playing but no sound. 

We have Sony Bravia TV, with Sony soundbar and Sony BluRay. Internet is connected via ethernet to the BluRay. 

I have reset the modem. Still no sound. 

Reinstalled the app multiple times, still no sound. 

It was doing this a couple of months ago, so we went back to using a Roku device as every time I wanted to play music with the Pandora app, I had to reinstall the app. 

Any other solutions for fixing this? Short of ditching Pandora for a less buggy music streaming service. 

Thanks. 

D

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Glenwood First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Additionally, let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

Glenwood
Underground

Hi Adam, it took three goes, but this solution worked for us. Thank you and Happy New Year

AdamPandora

Glad to hear it, @Glenwood. 😁

Happy New Year to you as well! 

0 Kudos