cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onkyo Devices: Message "Cannot connect to the internet"

Kneticnrg
Underground

I have an Onkyo TX-RZ810 A/V Receiver that has always been spotty when connecting to Pandora. I would usually have to cycle through Off and On several times to connect. Recently, I replaced my Netgear wifi extender that the Onkyo connected to with an Eero mesh system. I connected the Onkyo to the Eero pod via ethernet cable. The Onkyo show it is connected to the internet at 100%, I cannot connect to Pandora at all. I have unplugged and rebooted everything including the AT&T modem to no avail.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Kjfred - welcome to community!

Happy to help out. I've gone ahead and removed your Onkyo association with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you should automatically be logged out - this can take some time so please be patient. Then try to log back in and let me know if you're still receiving the same error. Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

17 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kneticnrg Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

*For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.*

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Kneticnrg
Underground

Nothing has changed except two days ago I tried to sign on and it connected right away.Since then, nothing.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kneticnrg! Thanks for following up. 

Just to confirm, your Onkyo was able to connect to the internet but Pandora continues to not to connect at all? And there are no error messages such as "Access Error"?

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

In the meantime, I've created a ticket so we can take a closer look at what may be happening. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kneticnrg
Underground

The Onkyo association was removed from Pandora. I signed it back in and it now works. I tried it twice and instantly connectedboth times. Oddly, in the past, up until about two weeks ago, it was hit or miss, but I could usually get connected, then I couldn't get in at all. Now, it seems to be an instant connection.

Thanks.

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it @Kneticnrg!

If you run into trouble again, please let me know. Thanks for listening!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ncolbert
Underground

I'm having the same issue Pandora on Onkyo receiver just says connecting but never connects. I've unplugged...and restarted still continues to say connecting and never connects. onkyo tx-nr646 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ncolbert! Welcome to community!

Have you connected to this Onkyo before or is this a new device? I checked the Pandora account associated with your community profile and I don't see a Onkyo previously connected.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ncolbert
Underground

I'm pretty sure it will probably be my husband Pandora's account that was linked to it. What info would you need to check his?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ncolbert! I'll need the email address associated with the Pandora account. However, we don't allow personal information to be posted on community.

I'll send a direct message to you through community where you can safely reply. Please note that you may receive an email notification about this direct message, but please respond directly on community.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ncolbert! Thanks for replying to my DM.

I was able to locate husband's Pandora account and I do see the Onkyo receiver. I've gone ahead and removed the connection on my end. When this takes affect, it will automatically log you out of Pandora.

Then log back in and try Pandora once more. If you continue to have trouble, I would recommend power cycling your Onkyo, by unplugging it for one minute, then plugging it back in.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ncolbert
Underground

THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!

That worked....he's been trying for 3 years!! I had to step in with an assist and research and this post really helped. I have it connected to my Pandora account now but before it wouldn't even let us do a switch on the receiver.. it automatically was going to his account and would never connect.

You saved us some money because he thought the receiver was bad and was ready to buy another! 🤣🤣

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ncolbert Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

Kjfred
Local Performer

I have the issue with my Onkyo receiver connected to Pandora repeatedly displaying "Playback error /Cannot Play". It sounds like I need some help removing the device association from my account. What are you thoughts?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kjfred - welcome to community!

Happy to help out. I've gone ahead and removed your Onkyo association with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you should automatically be logged out - this can take some time so please be patient. Then try to log back in and let me know if you're still receiving the same error. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Kjfred
Local Performer

Thanks Tanner. The association was removed. I could not login initially. I had to unplug the receiver for a minute, re-login, and everything thing is now working as expected. 

Thanks again and have a great day!

arniew
Local Performer

Hi Tanner, I think I need some similar help. I have a onkyo Tx-8050, in the last couple months the connection has gotten flaky and now I can't seem to connect at all -  I get- can not play, or connection error, or connection could not be established, or was terminated early, or please try back later. It seems really slow getting to a station and then the error. I have been playing with the network cabling but nothing seem to help.  We have fiber so there should be enough bandwidth. it used to work with slow DSL.    Is there some place in my account I can do what you did, remove association?   Thanks Arnie.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to help with this, @arniew.

I've gone ahead and removed the connection on my end. When this takes affect, it will automatically log you out of Pandora.

Then log back in and try Pandora once more. If you continue to have trouble, I would recommend power cycling your Onkyo, by unplugging it for one minute, then plugging it back in.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos