cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onkyo Devices: Pandora no longer connects to receiver

lmlock
Local Performer

My Onkyo receiver has stopped connecting with Pandora internet radio.  I connected the receiver with a cable to my router and it still will not connect.  The error message is “The server connection could not be established “.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Sundogette! Thanks for posting!

Looks like you've tried some troubleshooting already. I can remove the device association from your Pandora account and have you go through the set-up once again to see if this helps. Other users have mentioned that this has been helpful on various receivers. 

I've gone ahead and removed this association. When it takes affect (this might now happen immediately) you will automatically logged out. Go through the set-up once again and let me know if you're still having trouble. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
179 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lmlock  This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

robertmoore0012
Local Performer

I have a Onkyo TX-NR838 that will no longer connect To Hipster Cocktail Radio and all of the stations above it. The unit just freezes at connecting. I have to shut the receiver off in order get out of the "connecting status".  I have updated the units firmware, reset modem, router and receiver.  I also logged out and back into my Pandora account. I do have another Onkyo receiver in the house, different model, and everything works fine.  The unit is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Rob 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @robertmoore0012! Thanks for posting. 

Seems like you've done a lot of troubleshooting, sorry to hear they didn't help. I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. 

Since you've already attempted most of the troubleshooting, the only step I can suggest is to remove the device association with your Pandora account and have you run through the set-up again.

If you'd like to try this, let me know. 

In the meantime, while the trace is enabled, please use Pandora as you normally would and I'll check the logs. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

robertmoore0012
Local Performer

Thank you for responding.

How do I go about removing the device from the account?

Rob 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @robertmoore0012

At this time, removing your receiver from your account can only been done on my side. I've gone ahead and removed the association. When this takes affect, you'll automatically logged out. This may not happen instantaneously, please be patient. 

After running through the set up again, if you still have trouble playing those stations. Can you let me know a couple of more examples you're having trouble with (in addition to Hipster Cocktail Radio).

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sundogette
Underground

Having te exact same issue, just started 2 days ago.  Have reset and rebooted modem, checked all hard wired connections.  Checking for firmware updates. Any additional suggestions? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sundogette! Thanks for posting!

Looks like you've tried some troubleshooting already. I can remove the device association from your Pandora account and have you go through the set-up once again to see if this helps. Other users have mentioned that this has been helpful on various receivers. 

I've gone ahead and removed this association. When it takes affect (this might now happen immediately) you will automatically logged out. Go through the set-up once again and let me know if you're still having trouble. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sundogette
Underground

Thank you! Problem resolved.

Apologize about the “double post” new to using the support community System.

Regards

TannerPandora

Awesome, @Sundogette! Glad to hear it. Hope to see you around community. 😃

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

0paco0
Local Performer

I have two Onkyo T-8050 receivers and both stopped connecting to Pandora. Im using hard wired ethernet connection, all other net stations work except Pandora.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @0paco0! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Onkyo - No longer connects to Pandora

Other listeners have said that removing the device associations from our end and going through the set-up has helped them. I've gone ahead and did this. When it takes affect (this might now happen immediately) you will automatically be logged out.

Once you've gone through the set-up again, let me know if you're still having trouble. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

GeneLowy
Underground

Did this work for you? I'm having the same problem with only one of my pandora stations. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @GeneLowy 👋 What is the station name that you're having trouble with?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

GeneLowy
Underground
Daily Station #1Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @GeneLowy. I don't believe removing the device association with your Pandora account would help in this situation. 

I've collected some information from your account and passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bbarnouw
Underground

I've seen some posts regarding recievers (specifically Onkyo) getting locked up or getting kicked off WiFi with Pandora channels. I too have been experiencing that, and a channel that worked yesterday wont today. I did notice that the channels that seem to not work are noted as "curated modes". My question to Pandora.. would that be the issue that jams up the Onkyo recievers? It's so frustrating to lose stations that you love.  Help!

0 Kudos

dotsontj4028
Local Performer

I'm having a similar issue with my Onkyo TX-NR646.  I can play almost all Pandora stations flawlessly.  Each time I attempt to play Indie Holiday Radios and the receiver reboots.  I deleted the station from my Pandora collection.  I then attempted to add the station back to my collection, but I noticed that it is now named Hipster Holidays.  No big deal I thought.  However, when I add the station to my collection it was not titled "Hipster Holidays" but "Indie Holidays Radio" on the web and iOS app.  My receiver continues to crash when selecting this station and I'm guessing it is related to the station name.  Any way to fix this? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bbarnouw! Thanks for posting to community. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread to keep things tidy. Happy to pass this on to our engineering team. Can you let me know the name of the station(s) that you're having trouble with?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bbarnouw
Underground
seems to happen mostly on Fox News via Sling.
0 Kudos