cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onkyo Devices: Pandora no longer connects to receiver

lmlock
Local Performer

My Onkyo receiver has stopped connecting with Pandora internet radio.  I connected the receiver with a cable to my router and it still will not connect.  The error message is “The server connection could not be established “.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
179 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @stegar75. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo device connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Then, try logging back into Pandora listening once again.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

david63
Local Performer

My Onkyo receiver has stopped connecting with Pandora internet radio.  I connected the receiver with a cable to my router and it still will not connect.  The error message is “The server connection could not be established “.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @david63. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into that error message. 

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Onkyo - No longer connects to Pandora

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo device connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Then, try logging back into Pandora listening once again.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes and whether you continue to notice that error message. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Tjchopp1
Local Performer

Please help. My Onkyo receiver has stopped connecting with Pandora internet radio.  I connected the receiver with a cable to my router and it still will not connect.  The error message is “The server connection could not be established “.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tjchopp1 I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo device connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Then, try logging back into Pandora listening once again.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes and whether you continue to notice that error message.

0 Kudos

Tjchopp1
Local Performer
Hi,
I followed the instructions and it’s still showing the Connection Error on my Onkyo.

Jamie
0 Kudos

Ldubos
Local Performer

Have rebooted several times but same error stating ethernet cable not connected.

0 Kudos

cracra
Local Performer

@TannerPandora - Can u do the same for me (remove the device association)?

No luck with rebooting my model and Onkyo receiver.

Thanks

0 Kudos

kproeto
Local Performer

Good Morning-  I came to this thread for the same reason, my Onyko is working for every other platform than Pandora so I'm sure the connection exists.  Can you help? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kproeto I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo device connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Then, try logging back into Pandora listening once again.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes and whether you continue to notice that error message.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cracra I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo device connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Then, try logging back into Pandora listening once again.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ldubos I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo device connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Then, try logging back into Pandora listening once again.

0 Kudos

Joynun
Local Performer

I am having the same problem with my Onkoyo receiver.  “The server connection could not be established “.  I’ve rebooted my modem and receiver. Please help. 

0 Kudos

cracra
Local Performer

I am having the same problem with my Onkoyo receiver.  “The server connection could not be established “.  I’ve rebooted my modem and receiver. Please help. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Joynun. 👋

I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo device connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Then, try logging back into Pandora listening once again.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes and whether you continue to notice that error message. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @cracra. 👋

Looks like we've already removed the device association from your Pandora account. Are you still receiving that error message after attempting to sign back in?

You should be able to activate the Pandora app on your device using this link: 

Please use the following steps to activate your Onkyo:

• Launch the Pandora application.
  • Select New User.
  • An activation page will appear with a code - leave this code up on the device screen as you continue.

From the web, visit https://www.pandora.com/onkyo and enter the activation code there.

Or, from a mobile device, open the Pandora app and go to Settings, then tap Device Activation and enter the code.

Finally, select Continue on the in-home device.

Hope that helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Joynun
Local Performer
Tried to log back in, but I’m still getting the same error message.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @Joynun

My last suggestion would be to make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If the issue persists, please provide the following details and I can report this for you:

• Model Number of your Onkyo Receiver device
  • Cable / Internet service provider 

Let me know, and I can pass this along to our engineers. 🎧

0 Kudos

michaeldase
Local Performer

Hi,

"I am having the same problem with my Onkoyo receiver.  “The server connection could not be established “.  I’ve rebooted my modem and receiver. Please help. 

Thanks!

-Michael

0 Kudos

2boyzdad
Local Performer

Having the same problem, Onkyo recently started showing error message and not playing Pandora.  Ideas? Looks like from the above, you need to remove the devices on your side???

0 Kudos