cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onkyo Devices: Pandora no longer connects to receiver

lmlock
Local Performer

My Onkyo receiver has stopped connecting with Pandora internet radio.  I connected the receiver with a cable to my router and it still will not connect.  The error message is “The server connection could not be established “.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
179 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @michaeldase and @2boyzdad! Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Let's try removing the Onkyos from your Pandora accounts and have you sign back in. This seems to help most users resolve the error message.

I've gone ahead and removed the connection from my end. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. It may not happen immediately, so please be patient.

Once removed, log back in and try Pandora once more. If you continue to have trouble, past users have mentioned that a reboot of the receiver has helped them after the device was removed from the account.

Hope this helps.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kelley102
Local Performer

Hey, I've seen on other posts that someone within Pandora can log me out of my Onkyo Pandora account and allow me to re-log in that helps alleviate this issue.  Can someone help me out?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kelley102! Thanks for posting.

I merged your messages in an existing thread: Onkyo - No longer connects to Pandora 

I've gone ahead and removed the connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Log back in and try Pandora once again.

If you continue to have trouble, I would recommend power cycling your Onkyo by unplugging it for at least a minute then trying once more.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bbarnouw
Underground

it's happening to me too.... AGAIN.   There are several stations that kick Pandora off my Onkyo receiver out of the blue. I've rebooted the receiver, I've removed all devices (twice) and yet the problem still exists.  Pandora was able to help once before as this issue was resolved within the past year, I cannot fix it on my side... HELP!! 

0 Kudos

LaLawyer
Local Performer

Im having a similar problem. My Tx-nr727 connects to Pandora and plays certain channels in my collection, not others like Yacht Rock which i love. Any suggestions??

0 Kudos

LaLawyer
Local Performer

I need the same assistance as my Onkyo TX-NR727 isnt able to play all my pandora channels. Sone hang up on “connecting”.

0 Kudos

dommyluc
Local Performer

I am also having trouble connecting to my Onkyo TX-NR717 receiver. It always worked flawlessly until about 3 days ago. All the other streaming music services - Slacker, Rhapsody, vTuner, DLNA,etc. - work fine, but Pandora seems to get stuck in some kind of loop that forces me to shut down my unit, unplug my direct ethernet connection, and go through the Network setup routine to gain access to all my other network streamed music services. Could you possibly remove my connection so I can try logging back into my account on the Onkyo. I listen to Pandora nearly all the time. Thank you so much. I will inform you of what happens when you remove my connection.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dommyluc! Welcome to community!

I've gone ahead and removed your Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you should be automatically logged out. Please be patient as this may not happen immediately.

Can you let me know if this occurs with a particular station(s)? If so, can you let me know the name of the station(s)?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bbarnouw
Underground

@TannerPandoraplease do the same for me... check around for my many unanswered posts.  This is the 2nd time this has happened.. please help!!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @bbarnouw! - sorry for the continued trouble.

I've removed your Onkyo connection from my end, when this takes affect, you should automatically be logged out. Please be patient as this may not happen immediately.

I've also passed along your experience to our engineering team and let them know that you've continued to have trouble with this.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Spodg
Local Performer

I am having an issue with my Onkyo Tx-NR636.  This happens when I try to connect to Pandora, regardless of the station.  Sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes to connect.  Last few times it did not connect at all.  I have a wired connection, and switching to wireless did not help.  A complete power unplug of my receiver helped the first connection but successive tries have been slow as well.  Would the device association be appropriate to remove in this case?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Spodg! Thanks for posting.

Do you receive any type of error message or does it take some time, if at all, to connect?

We can definitely try removing the connection to see if it will help - don't think it will hurt. If you're up for trying, let me know and I can remove the connection from my end.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Spodg
Local Performer
All it says is Cannot Connect and over time it eventually connects (though occasionally the power off restart is required) - I would be happy to try with the device disassociation.

Thank you!
0 Kudos

dommyluc
Local Performer

My receiver account was never removed, so I don't know if it would work or not.

What I have found out is that it is one particular station that is causing me problems: my "Alternative/Indie" station, which, of course, happens to be my favorite of all my Pandora radio stations. I don't seem to have any problems accessing all the other ones. and the "Alternative/Indie" stations streams fine on my Surface Tablet and on my desktop PC. I just don't know what the problem could be, and I hate to delete the station because I really enjoy it.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Let's try it! @Spodg 

I've gone ahead and removed the device connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect (may not happen immediately) you'll automatically logged out.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble after logging back into Pandora.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @dommyluc I checked your account and I see that the Onkyo connection was removed on 7/29 - a new connection was established the same day.

If you're continuing to have trouble, I can remove the connection once again. I've also made note that the station you mentioned is causing the problem for you on your Onkyo and passed it along to our engineering team.

Let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bbarnouw
Underground

@TannerPandora  it worked again... and now it doesn't again. I really dont know whats going on but frustrating is a word to describe it. Please do that voodoo that you do to make this work again. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bbarnouw I've removed your Onkyo connection from my end, when this takes affect, you should automatically be logged out. Please be patient as this may not happen immediately.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

bbarnouw
Underground

@@AdamPandora it did not work. Same thing happens. Switching to a different Pandora station kicks my receiver off my wifi. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hey @bbarnouw 

Thank you so much for following up on this issue.

I'm sorry for the continued trouble.

I've added this information to the existing ticket we have open with our engineering team.

We’ll follow up with if we need any additional details from you.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos