cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onkyo Devices: Pandora no longer connects to receiver

lmlock
Local Performer

My Onkyo receiver has stopped connecting with Pandora internet radio.  I connected the receiver with a cable to my router and it still will not connect.  The error message is “The server connection could not be established “.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
179 Replies

Pbrill
Local Performer

I am having the same problem as others in this thread. I have an Onkyo TX-NR414 and it is not connecting to Pandora. The receiver is hardwired to internet.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dporchia4116 and @Pbrill! Welcome to community 👋

I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo device connection from your respective accounts. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Once you're logged out, sign back into Pandora and try again.

If you're still having trouble, it may be helpful to power cycle your Onkyo by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes, then trying once more.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Dporchia4116
Local Performer

Thank you, for some reason after you disconnected my account from my stereo, I was able to do the Onkyo firmware update. After that I was able to sign into my Pandora account on the Onkyo stereo again and everything is working great. 

Thank you,

Dom

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it, @Dporchia4116! Let us know if you run into trouble again. 🙌

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Pbrill
Local Performer

I am still getting this message: Connection Error. The server connection could not be established or was terminated early. Please try again later.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Pbrill - Did you receive the error before attempting to log in? If you haven't already, I recommend power cycling your Onkyo and then trying once more.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Pbrill
Local Performer
Yes I even unplugged it for 5 minutes as you instructed before. Did not
prompt me to log in or anything. It just gives me that error message.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Pbrill That's odd. My only other suggestion would be to perform a factory reset.

I found the Onkyo TX-NR414 manual online that provides steps on how to do this (Pg. EN-59):

"To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it
on and, while holding down CBL/SAT, press
8ON/STANDBY. “Clear” will appear on the AV
receiver’s display and the AV receiver will enter
standby mode.

Note that resetting the AV receiver will delete your radio
presets and custom settings."

I also came across this YouTube video of someone resetting their Onkyo.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RHallum
Underground

Can you reset my account, I am experiencing the same problem with my device.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RHallum!

I've gone ahead and removed your Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect (this mmay take some time), you'll automatically be logged out.

Once you're logged out, reconnect your account and try Pandora once again. In some cases, it may be helpful to power cycle your Onkyo by unplugging it for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

VincWaz
Local Performer

Suddenly I’m having issues with my Onkyo reciever connecting to Pandora after selecting a certain station and other stations beyond it on my station list. I’ve read this same issue on other post and apparently once Pandora removed the device from the account the issue was solved after re-signing into Pandora on the culprit device. I’ve completed all trouble shooting steps … restart router /devices, update check firmware, sign out /sign into pandora on device, remove account from device, and factory reset my receiver with no avail. Can you please remove the device from my account? Hopefully that fixes the issue. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @VincWaz! Welcome to community.

I've gone ahead and removed your Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out - please be patient as this may not happen immediately.

Once you're logged out, log back in and try Pandora again. If you're still having trouble after the device removal, I would recommend the power cycle once more by unplugging your Onkyo for at least 5 minutes.

Can you give me an example of a station you tried to listen to when this happened? Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

VincWaz
Local Performer

Thanks tanner and I will follow your recommendations if the issue isn't corrected. The first station leading to the connecting error was Hipster Cocktail Part Radio Station. Same station I've read on other posts from other users having the same /similar issue, is this just a coincidence?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Let me know if you continue to have trouble after logging back in.

Since individual manufacturers are responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some devices lack features, such as curated stations. In the meantime, I've passed this along to the appropriate parties.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

VincWaz
Local Performer

Tanner I was never automatically logged out of Pandora on my Onkyo device?? So I manually logged out, deleted my user profile and reset the device by unplugging it for 5 minutes. I restarted and logged back in with my existing account information - I still have the same issue with it connecting selecting certain stations. Was the onkyo device removed from my account? Could you remove it again and provide any other insight that may be causing this recent issue?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@VincWaz

I can confirm that the device was removed 2/6/23. I see a new Onkyo connection on 2/10/23 and I've gone ahead and removed the connection again.

Are you having trouble with the same stations or additional stations? Can you let me know the name of the stations you were listening to on your Onkyo?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

normb
Local Performer

I have an Onkyo TX-NR809 and a TR-8020. Neither will connect to Pandora.  Both return connection errors.  Both use a wired comnection.  The TX-NR809 has been moved to a new network jack and still will not connect.  PC, phones, tablets have no problems.   Does Pandors have a fix for this issue?  Thank you

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@normb I've gone ahead and removed both Onkyo connections from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out - please be patient as this may not happen immediately.

Once you're logged out, log back in and try Pandora again. If you're still having trouble after the device removal, I would recommend the power cycle once more by unplugging your Onkyo for at least 5 minutes.

If you continue to experience issues, can you please give me an example of a station you tried to listen to when this happens?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

kcpandora1
Local Performer

I am having the same issue on my Onkyo receiver.  Curated stations hang on "connecting" while non-curated stations play just fine.  Could you try removing my receiver from my profile?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kcpandora1!

Consider it done. I've removed your Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you should be automatically logged out. Please note that this may not happen instantaneously, so please be patient.

If you continue to have trouble, please try power cycling your receiver by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes and then try once more.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos