cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onkyo Devices: Pandora no longer connects to receiver

lmlock
Local Performer

My Onkyo receiver has stopped connecting with Pandora internet radio.  I connected the receiver with a cable to my router and it still will not connect.  The error message is “The server connection could not be established “.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
179 Replies

bbarnouw
Underground

I am glad to see some others are getting resolutions to thier issues... hey Pandora... can you help me out? Patiently waiting here not listening to Pandora on my stereo....

0 Kudos

bbarnouw
Underground

Still nothing from Pandora.. I see you've resolved some folks but yet.. nothing for me.

Is there anything i can do with my Onkyo TX 8160 that keeps "losing" pandora stations?  I've supplied the list of stations that work and dont work and was really hoping for some resolution from Pandora. 

I just replied to a previous reply in this chain. Not liking being ignored... 😞 

Moderator Edit: Format & merged posts

0 Kudos

cmagee5067
Local Performer

Please remove the Onkyo receiver device association from my account too.  I am having the same problem.  I am hardwire connected to the router and rebooting the router plus receiver didn’t resolve it.  Firmware is up to date, too.

hopefully logging out and back in will resolve the connection issue.

thanks,

charlie (cmagee5067)

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cmagee5067

I've gone ahead and removed the connection. When this takes affect you'll automatically be logged out. It may not happen instantaneously, so please be patient. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cmagee5067
Local Performer

Hi Tanner,

Thanks for removing the connection.  I could now get into the Pandora App on the Onkyo to cleared out the ID/pwd from the Onkyo receiver.  Also fully power off (unplugged for 60 secs) the receiver, unplugged the Ethernet cable, forcibly removed the IP address from the router table.

Then, powered up the unit, put the same user ID/pwd into the Onkyo app, plugged in the Ethernet cable, verified that DHCP gave a new IP address, and restarted the Pandora App.  It went to the same place and hung, stalling at connecting.  No luck.  Any suggestions.

BTW, I can listen to music from my IPad and IPhone using the same network.  The Onkyo has the current firmware and has worked for several years until now.

Thanks,

charlie

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cmagee5067! Thanks for trying, sorry to hear that it didn't help. Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions. I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineering team to further investigate. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dlcfinishes
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, pandora not connecting to onkyo. can you remove device from your end

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dlcfinishes! Welcome to community, sorry to hear this is happening. 

I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. 

Let me know if you continue to have trouble after re-connecting. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bbarnouw
Underground

Hey TannerPandora, 

I've been told that i was moved over to the Engineering Team... back in early December, then tried following up on this blog several times looking for some resolution, but have gotten nothing back at all. If you remove my account from my Onkyo device can I go back in and add it? if so. please do so, at least i can check that box and move on.  thank you.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bbarnouw,

I can remove your Onkyo connection with your Pandora account. You should be able log back in but let me know if you have any trouble. 

I've gone ahead and removed the connection. When it takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. 

Use the following steps to activate your Onkyo:

• Launch the Pandora application.
  • Select New User.
  • An activation page will appear with a code - leave this code up on the device screen as you continue.

From the web, visit www.pandora.com/onkyo and enter the activation code there 

Or, from a mobile device, open the Pandora app and go to Settings, then tap Device Activation and enter the code.

Finally, select Continue on the in-home device.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tscher
Local Performer

I am having the same problem, can you do the same for me? 

0 Kudos

tscher
Local Performer

Tanner, please do not remove my device.   I unplugged my receiver and all is well. 

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it, @tscher! Let me know if you have trouble again. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cool1776
Local Performer

I also have this problem.  My Onkyo TX-NR709 is hardwired to my router and the receiver is in my router table and the Onkyo app is able to talk to the receiver.  So, I believe I have a good network connection.  However, when I choose NET/Pandora the receiver gets hung up with a "Connecting...." message on the receiver.  It seems like the disassociation fix is the solution.  How do I do this?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cool1776! Welcome to community.

Thanks for posting your experience. I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo device connection from your Pandora account.

When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Then try logging back into Pandora listening once again. Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

GeneLowy
Underground

I've noticed the same thing - any station that is "Curated" hangs the network connections.

Rileyrott
Underground

I recently logged in to Pandora from my Onkyo TX-NR636 and for the past week all was good. This afternoon, it stopped working and got the "connection not established....." message. I reset the received (not happy about that) to no avail. After a few hours, it started working again, for about an hour, then nothing. I can stream Pandora flawlessly from multiple devices with NO problem, but not this receiver. Suggestions?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rileyrott Thanks for posting your experience. I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo device connection from your Pandora account.

When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Then try logging back into Pandora listening once again.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

0 Kudos

Rileyrott
Underground

Thanks Adam. I've reconnected the Onkyo to Pandora and it is working. Hopefully it won't disconnect again. Any idea why this is happening (not just to me but to many others as well)?

I appreciate your prompt attention to this! Thanks again!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear those steps helped, @Rileyrott. In the meantime, we've shared the experiences of community members on this thread with our engineering team so that they can investigate further. If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to let us know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos