cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora drops on Yamaha R-N500 network receiver

ballwegparts
Local Performer

We are a business with a paid subscription to Pandora. We use it to play music in our showroom. We have a Yamaha R-N500 network receiver, and have had issues with Pandora dropping out in the past, but have always been able to resolve them by changing network setting or firmware updates. The receiver currently has the latest firmware installed. When Pandora is selected as an input, I get the following message displayed: "Not Connected - Access Error". I have tried to sign out of the Pandora account and back in again on the receiver, but the same message keeps popping up and interrupting the process.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @ballwegparts thanks for posting to community!

We believe this has been resolved. Would you mind trying again and letting me know if you're still running into this error message. 

Thanks! 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @ballwegparts thanks for posting to community!

We believe this has been resolved. Would you mind trying again and letting me know if you're still running into this error message. 

Thanks! 👍

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

ballwegparts
Local Performer

Whatever you did seems to have resolved it. It is working fine as of right now. 

minadavis4362
Local Performer

HI I have a Denon receiver and I'm experiencing the same issue.  I just got off the line with tech support and the rep was no help whatsoever.  

0 Kudos

WW-in-VA
Local Performer

How has this been resolved? I have the same problem. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @WW-in-VA thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having trouble. 

Before we begin, are you receiving the same error message, "Not Connected - Access Error"?

If so, have you tried any device or network troubleshooting steps before posting here?

0 Kudos

LawrenceLee
Local Performer

I am having the same problem with my Yamaha receivers RX-A780 and RX-A1080. I have tried your suggestion. It does not resolve the problem. It happens on both my devices even after reinstalling music cast and restarting Wi-Fi. I'm convinced that the problem resides in the Pandora connection, Not my Yamaha gear. How can I/you resolve this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LawrenceLee Thanks for sharing your feedback on the community. 

Our support team has enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

*For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.*

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

If the "Not Connected - Access Error" message continues to pop up on your devices, can you please send us a picture of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Jamesguy
Underground

Hello. I have the Yamaha RX-V-685. Same thing. It wont connect thru music cast. I can thru just the pandora app but not music cast. Try a couple of things but IDK. Please help! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Jamesguy. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this error message.

Would you mind trying out the steps from @AdamPandora's message here?

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Jamesguy
Underground

Hello. I figured out tje problem. Im going to teey and explain it incase someone else has the issue. I live in an apartment. My landlord provides internet but it **ahem**. So awhile back I bought my own. My phone was connected to his wifi. My receiver to mine. I had my phone on auto reconnect with my landlords internet. So everytime it disconnected to connect to musiccast it would connect to his. Just this morning i turned off auto reconnect and it immediately connected to music cast and Im enjoying pandora as we speak. I hope this issue I had might help people in the future. Maybe turning off the auto reconnect feature on their phone. Anyway. Thank you for responding to me! Hope your day is well.

James.

Jamesguy
Underground

Jesus! My text spelling! Forgive me! My dexterity **ahem**! 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @Jamesguy! I'm happy that you were able to resolve this. 

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

happy4th.gif

0 Kudos

LawrenceLee
Local Performer

I reinstalled the app twice now on both my Android devices and the result is the same. I am still getting the "Not Connected - Access Error" message. My other services are working just fine with the Yamaha receivers. I'd really like to keep using Pandora but this is a deal breaker.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LawrenceLee Can you please send me a picture of the error message you are seeing?

Additionally, it appears that you've changed the email address on your Pandora account since we last spoke.

I am going to also send you a Private Message to get that information from you so that we can continue to look into this further with you.

Please be on the lookout for that message.

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

bryanp
Local Performer

I'm having the same "Access Error" on my Yamaha RX-A750. There isn't a firmware update. I've never had an issue playing Pandora on the receiver until just a few weeks ago.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @bryanp! Thanks for posting to community. 

I'd like to remove the device connection and have you log back into your Yamaha. 

Also for good measure I would also recommend rebooting your modem and router and then restarting your Yamaha. 

Let me know how it goes. 

0 Kudos

bryanp
Local Performer

That worked! Everything was greyed out earlier and I was unable to logout. No modem reboot required. Thanks.

TannerPandora

Awesome! @bryanp That's what I like to hear. 😄Enjoy the tunes and the rest of your Friday. 🎉

0 Kudos

wblocher
Local Performer

im still experiencing the issue when using my yamaha rec.  it plays a few songs then quits  Ive downloaded the latest firmware on the rec.  

0 Kudos