Local Performer

Need to know why my samsung tv does not play pandora

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
73 Replies

lawski
Local Performer

Hi,  I have had an issue for the past 2 days where the song will stop playing about 10 seconds before it is done.  it looks like it is still playing but there is no sound.  I will refresh the page and the song will pick up where it left off (sometimes it is 10-15 min before i refresh the page but it still picks up where the music stopped, about 10 seconds before the end of the song.)  the next few songs will play fine, then it will happen again.  I have restarted my computer a couple times to see it if would fix the issue but it doesn't.  My computer has windows 10 and I am using the chrome browser.  I do not have this problem when I listen on my phone, it is only happening on my computer.  

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @lawski.

Welcome to the community!

I would recommend trying out these steps for your Google Chrome web browser from our help page article.

Also, be sure to try an alternative browser like Firefox to see if you experience the same issue. 

Let me know if this helps.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

lawski
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa,  Chrome is still having the same issues after I followed the directions you recommended.  I am trying it in Firefox now and so far it seems to be working.  I will let you know if I start to have issues in Firefox.

AdamPandora

@palessio I moved your post to the Other Devices space to keep the community tidy.

Our support team has informed me that you already have an open case with them regarding this issue. 

Keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Thanks for your patience.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

ndileo60
Local Performer

I can no longer get the sound to work in Pandora on my Samsung Smart TV.  I have read all the posts and nothing works.  I tried to do a software update on my TV but it says there is no update (my last update was in 2017).

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ndileo60 welcome to community! Thanks for posting! I've moved your message to an existing thread to help keep things organized. 

Sounds like you may have already tried some troubleshooting on your end. I've gone ahead and asked our User Support team to start a trace on your account to see if we can better understand what is happening. 

While the trace is enabled, I'd like you to run through some troubleshooting steps again. I know, you may have done these steps previously but please bear with me. 

Since you've already checked for a software update, we can skip that step.

Let's start with deleting the app. Please try deleting and then re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung device.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

You should also contact Samsung directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

You can view their support page here. Or, contact them directly using this link.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

taping
Local Performer

My free Pandora has no sound. All the audio parameters are up.

TannerPandora

Hi @taping thanks for posting to community. Can you tell me a bit more about your device, I don't see any device associations in the Pandora account attached to your community profile. 

• What is the make and model?
  • If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Thanks!

PolkaDottedSun
Local Performer

The Pandora app is the only app I have issues with on my Samsung smart TV the only way I have been able to get it working again is to completely remove and delete the app and then go back in and download the app and then it works again for a little while sometimes I get a black screen sometimes I get the blue with white leather Pandora screen sometimes I get a picture of an album cover but essentially it just freezes. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@PolkaDottedSun This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Next, please try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung device.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

You should also contact Samsung directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

You can view their support page here. Or, contact them directly using this link

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

vlmimiaga
Local Performer

please let me know by tomorrow. My cell : (phone number)

mod edit: personal information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @vlmimiaga thanks for posting! We don't offer phone support via community but happy to help in any way we can here.  

Are you having trouble with your Samsung TV or another device?

If it's another device, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a mobile device, what is the make and model?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Let me know. 

0 Kudos

hkj324
Underground

Same issue...since March 2020.

Samung TV was playing Pandora fine then went mute. I tried update...nothing. I see NO Pandora vol control on the 55" TV screen. The equilizer Icon is playing away but no sound. It plays fine on my Toshiba TV in another part of our house. This is quite annoying.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @hkj324

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Pandora on your TV. 

Just to clarify your post, Pandora appears to play the song, but there is no sound coming from the speakers?

Can you let me know the model of your Samsung TV? I'd like to report this to our engineers. 

Thank you!

TheWoodser
Local Performer

I am having this same problem.  It started today, Win10 with Chrome.

0 Kudos

PeterJ
Local Performer

I am also finding that Pandora is stopping the songs in my selections 10 to 15 seconds short of the end of the song no mater how long the songs is. AND it still won't play the next song without being right mouse clicked on the play button. 

i find if i am watching when the song is about to end (NOT WHAT I WANT TO DO!!) and catch the pause near the end with a left mouse click the next song will play. BUT then it stops short of completion. THIS IS A PROGRAM FUNCTIONAL ERROR AND NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED!!!!

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

fanattic1
Underground

Started seeing this on Mac with Chrome.

Also got the same behavior on Safari.

Switched to windows 10 and Chrome and get the same thing.

I can resume and it finishes the song and gets to 8-10 seconds left on the next song and starts again.

This only started happening today.   I will take any and all clues on what might be happening.
Tried my wife's account and got the same thing.  

0 Kudos

pmurray63
Local Performer

I'm getting the same thing thing in Windows 10 with Chrome. It consistently stops 8-9 seconds before the end of the track. When I press play, it finishes and plays the next one .... until it stops 8-9 seconds before the end.

Never had this problem before today.

At the risk of stating the obvious, this will be a dealbreaker for me as a paying customer if there's no way to resolve it. 

Edit: Read down the thread for a workaround.

samcginty
Local Performer

I am having the same problem.  Each song stops toward the end and I have to click the play button to continue the song and begin the next song.  I have a Samsung Chrome Book and subscribe to Pandora Plus.