cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kindle: Playback stops

jlynk
Local Performer

Every single time I open the Pandora app on my Amazon Kindle HD 8.9 on a daily basis, it will randomly quit multiple times and I have to click on the Pandora window to have it start playing again. The wi-fi signal is at full strength. I've rebooted the device. I've uninstalled Pandora and installed it again. I have Pandora Plus. It's rather irritating to continually go to the Pandora window to have it start playing music again - over and over. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Fire HD 8.9 (4th gen), Fire OS 5.6.8.0, Pandora version 1812.2

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jlynk The current version of Pandora requires Fire OS 6 or higher. 

If your device is running an older version you will need to update your device's operating system. For some Kindle devices, you can update by going to Settings > General > About device > Software updates > Check for update

If you are using a device that is not able to upgrade to Fire OS 6 or higher, unfortunately, you won't be able to listen to Pandora on that device.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jlynk
Local Performer

I checked and I'm running the most up-to-date software (OS 5.6.8.0) on this particular Kindle device. I'm still able to listen to Pandora on the device every day, including today, and have been since I got it.  This stopping playback has been happening for a couple of years now, most likely before Fire 6.0. I don't think it has to do with the operating system. No other app on my Kindle sporadically stops for no reason.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jlynk

To clarify, Pandora supports Kindle devices on Fire OS 6.0 or later. I see that you are on OS 5.6.8.0. Sometimes, folks will be able to use Pandora using an unsupported device, but that functionality may break unintentionally due to updates to the app or OS meant to address other issues.

While we we cannot provide any specific troubleshooting steps for your device. We can offer some standard steps:

Try restarting your Fire tablet. To do that:

1. Press and hold the power button for two to three seconds until you see the message "Do you want to shut down your Fire?" Tap OK.
  2. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button for two to three seconds to turn your Fire tablet back on.
  3. Try the Pandora app again.

If you continue to have trouble:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings and then Apps & Games.
  2. Select Manage All Applications and then All.
  3. Clear your data for the Pandora application.
  4. Then launch the Pandora app again.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cpetrone
Local Performer

Hi,

The same thing is happening on my Fire tablet. Try using your web browser (Silk on the Fire tablets) to access Pandora.com and login through the actual website without using the app. This has been working for me so far with no random pauses of the music. Apparently there is an issue with the app that no one at Pandora is concerned too much about. It has been happening for a long time with no fix.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cpetrone You should be able to stream Pandora on your Fire tablet directly through the app.

I'm happy to help you troubleshoot since it sounds like you are experiencing issues doing so.

First, I'd recommend that you restart your Fire tablet. To do that:

1. Press and hold the power button for two to three seconds until you see the message "Do you want to shut down your Fire?" Tap OK.
  2. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button for two to three seconds to turn your Fire tablet back on.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings and then Apps & Games.
  2. Select Manage All Applications and then All.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

bswanson
Local Performer

Going to the website doesn't work tells you to use app mine buffers a lot too and I have all the latest firmware installed

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bswanson You can only stream Pandora through the app installed on your Kindle device.

Since it sounds like you are running into issues doing so, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

1. Press and hold the power button for two to three seconds until you see the message "Do you want to shut down your Fire?" Tap OK.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings and then Apps & Games.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

farmer483
Local Performer

when I'm listening to pandora while I'm on kindle after about 5min my pandora stops and I have to reboot it then it plays again for a little while and then it stops again

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@farmer483 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Kindle - Playback stops

I'm happy to help you troubleshoot.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos