cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 12/28/21: FitBit - Unexpected error message

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 12/28/21: 

Thanks for sharing your experience with your Fitbit device on community. We now believe that these error messages have been resolved. 

Please try again and let us know if you continue to have trouble. 

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ New Music: New Music Monday
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 12/28/21: 

Thanks for sharing your experience with your Fitbit device on community. We now believe that these error messages have been resolved. 

Please try again and let us know if you continue to have trouble. If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies

lshapiro
Local Performer

I am getting an “unexpected error” message when trying to activate my Pandora account on my Fitbit ap. I just upgraded my Pandora account in order to listen to music on my versa. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lshapiro! Welcome to community and thanks for posting. 

Since you receive the error message while trying to activate Pandora, I would recommend reaching out to Fitbit for further help. You can contact Fitbit's support team for more help by going to their help page or calling (877) 623-4997.

0 Kudos

lshapiro
Local Performer
And Fitbit referred me to Pandora.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@lshapiro Odd, considering you're not able to make the connection with Pandora. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Can you let me know the make, model and firmware version of your Fitbit?

Unfortunately, since you're unable to activate Pandora on your Fitbit at this time, any support steps that I can offer will be unhelpful. However, I do recommend checking that your firmware is up to date.

Thank for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos

Dougwalter78
Local Performer

Just received a Fitbit Versa 3 for Christmas and I’m having the same problem when trying to connect to Pandora!

0 Kudos

Miishi
Local Performer

I just got a Fitbit versa 2 and I’m having the same error. 

0 Kudos

RobidSloth13
Local Performer

Echo the same concerns listed. I got a versa 3 for the Holidays and got a premium Pandora account in order to sync offline music. 

I can listen fine though the Pandora app so there isn't an issue with my connection. 

On the Fitbit app I can get to inputting my Pandora credentials and then this error appears. "Uh Oh! There was a problem reaching the server. Please try again later." 

I attempted this on Android and IOS and received the same error.

I went through Fitbit support, worked through their trouble shooting steps and they directed me to reach out here. 

0 Kudos

lshapiro
Local Performer
Exactly! Fitbit referred me back to Pandora. Pandora told me it wasn’t their issue and to go back to Fitbit. Ridiculous! Try Deezer. I’ve had no problem with that streaming service.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

DJH
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem with a new Versa 2.  Getting an “unexpected error occurred” message when clicking on the Pandora option in the Media section.  I was just on a live chat with Fitbit fo the last hour and they told me to contact Pandora.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Dougwalter78 @Miishi @RobidSloth13 @DJH I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

TMP
Local Performer

I also would like the solution.

I did a ton of trouble shooting with Fitbit tonight for this issue and they referred me to Pandora.  I am able to connect Spotify and Deezer through the Fitbit App with no issues, but when trying to manage settings for Pandora I continue to get a message saying can't connect to server,  try again later. 

0 Kudos

lshapiro
Local Performer
Exactly! I currently have Deezer and while it works fine I thought I’d try something different. I’ve spent too much time on trying to fix what Pandora and/or Fitbit can’t seem to fix. I’ll stick with Deezer.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TMP What is the make and model of your Fitbit device?

Additionally, can you please send me a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

DJH
Local Performer
It is the Versa 2.

Dave Halsey
0 Kudos

TMP
Local Performer
Versa 3
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 12/28/21: 

Please try again and let us know if you continue to have trouble. If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

0 Kudos