cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku - No Internet Connection Message

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 12/3/2020:

Thank you everyone for taking the time to report your experience with the no internet connection message and for providing the Roku report tracker information. This has been very helpful. 

We're working with Roku to resolve this issue. New updates will be posted in this thread as they are made available. 

Thank you for your continued patience. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
50 Replies

privately
Underground

We have given Pandora enough info to fix this. It is a problem the Pandora Roku app has with AT&T internet. From everything I am seeing in the forums, it occurs only on the roku and only with AT&T internet.

If Pandora support needs access to an affected internet hookup, they are welcome to come to my house. I am also in Silicon Valley, like much of pandora is. I will even provide lunch.

From some searching I did, it looks like Pandora has known about this problem for quite a while (I see reports back into October). Don't know why it is taking so long to fix this -- unless, of course, nobody is working on it. 

Maybe if you contact Pandora directly we can get Pandora to actually have someone to fix this?

https://help.pandora.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 12/3/2020:

Thank you everyone for taking the time to report your experience with the no internet connection message and for providing the Roku report tracker information. This has been very helpful. 

We're working with Roku to resolve this issue. New updates will be posted in this thread as they are made available. 

Thank you for your continued patience. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

cdagostini
Local Performer

Hello. I’ve been having an issue with the no Internet connection message with my Pandora Roku app for the last month. Says I don’t have a valid Internet connection when of course I do. It also will not allow me to login. Please resolve this ASAP. This seems like something that should’ve been resolved a couple of weeks ago. It’s not a complicated technological fix. It’s just a matter of you guys prioritizing getting it fixed. Thank you. Carl

privately
Underground

This problem has officially gotten worse. The app used to throw the "no internet" error, but would still play (eventually - with errors between songs). Starting the last day or two, the app throws the "no internet" error and exits. Sometimes it even exits and forces me to re-login the next time I try to load. 

This is not progress. this is the opposite of progress. 

0 Kudos

Nightfly
Local Performer

Over the last three weeks, I've experienced the same problems as everyone else concerning Pandora, Roku, and AT&T.  However, it doesn't end there!  All of my devices are hard-wired.  Now Pandora locks up whenever I try to play it through my Yamaha receiver via the AV Controller app on my phone.  By process of elimination, I believe the majority of fault lies with Pandora.  I've been a subscriber for about ten years.  If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm out.

0 Kudos

rumbera1216
Local Performer

I'm glad it's not just me, but it's really frustrating!

0 Kudos

rmchugh
Local Performer

I also have the same issue as described by others on AT&T.  I won't bother with the Roku model as it doesn't seem relevant.  I actual also have issues when using an older Sony Blu-ray player to stream Pandora.

0 Kudos

privately
Underground

@TannerPandora What is being done? you keep asking for patience - how about you give us an update (with real info from engineering) to help us be patient. 

RenoSkier
Local Performer

9Dec20; still getting periodic hang (stream stops at end (always the end) of song. ISP is ATT, line tests at 131mps; do not get “not connected” error; 

A497F1E1-184C-44F3-BAC1-6522E10B44E1.jpeg

 wired connection, not wifi 

7FA14A16-1CE2-4C37-B3F5-CD6B5ED798AC.jpeg

0 Kudos

privately
Underground

That isn't a solution. it is a stall. 

it has been another two weeks since this thread started and a week since your last response (and pandora has known about it for over a month) @TannerPandora - and what is being done? 

buffalohead
Underground

My patience has limits. 5 weeks and no response. Is Pandora reaching it's design limit? Is this an issue with ATT users that Pandora cannot solve?

0 Kudos