cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku - Playback Stops After Every Song

GaryJ
Underground

Hi, I have a Pandora Premium account and am having issues as of late on my Pandora app running on my Roku device.  It plays one song, then stops. 

The Pandora app is version 5.4, build o.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Any fixes would be appreciated.  Thanks, Gary

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
149 Replies

mldahl
Local Performer

@TannerPandora 

I did the home/back button 5 times as I saw in the thread earlier before starting Pandora.  See screen shot below if that's of any use.

Started the app around 3:53pm CT and it just stopped playing after a song finished at about 4:38pm CT.

IMG_5247.jpg

0 Kudos

mjwilli
Underground

I have been running into this issue for a while now and just stopped using it.   I just started it now and am on my second song.  I really like pandora but it's frustrating. 

Additionally, it's not just ROKU, but I also have issues on my smart TV (so it bypasses the ROKU). The music just stops.  I have plenty of bandwidth.  I watch a lot of movies and I also listen to music stations on ROKU. 

++

OKay my, Pandora stopped on ROKU in the middle of the fourth song.  So I still have the same issue.   Now I never had this issue before.  It just may be since I upgraded but cannot remember.   My software on my Roku did not need to change so I would ask when you upgrade to premium what does Pandora change?

++

I just started it on my Smart TV to see if it messes up there.  I will update, but I am not expecting a change.  I have  65 in. Sony so it's a good TV.  

++

It stopped after 2.5 hours.  So it lasted a good while (in comparison) but why would it quit at all.  Right now it's near mid-night central time, so I seriously think there is any interference of any type in my house. 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

jwcarlton
Underground

Same here... I updated Pandora and it lasted longer than before, but after about 45 minutes it still stopped.

I rebooted Roku today, and when it came back up I saw that Pandora had a new icon so I was optimistic. But this time it only played for about 30 minutes.

Mine isn't freezing up or anything, but after a song finishes it just doesn't go to the next one. The screen continues to show the moving album cover. I can use the remote to wake the Roku, then if I click Play then it starts the song over; if I click Next then it starts the next song like normal.

I'm using a Roku Ultra, but reading this thread I don't think that it matters.

UPDATE: this may be a coincidence, but we've noticed that when using Pandora on our mobile device, it has the same problem when we're on WiFi, but does NOT when we're using mobile data. So we originally thought it was an issue with our home internet provider, but then changed to a different provider and had the same issue.

DeanH
Local Performer

I have updated Roku and Pandora to the latest versions.  I have a Roku Elite which is hard wired to Ethernet.  My internet connection is fast and stable.  I still have random stoppages of Pandora.  Are there more fixes coming?

0 Kudos

HarborSailor
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, and it is still happening.  The sounds goes out after 15-30 minutes of playing on my TV, but the pictures and info stay.  The only way to get the sound back is to go to home and then back into the app.  And then the cycle starts again.  Somes a few minutes, sometimes an hour or more.

mjwilli
Underground

A little update.  I played Pandora yesterday for a few hours again on my TV with no problem this time, so I switched to ROKU again and after a few songs it stopped.  It stopped mid-song.  So I went back to the TV and it played well again.  Same channel. 

I would prefer the ROKU issue to be fixed.  Makes life easier with remotes and confusion.  I hope Pandora is working on this.  

0 Kudos

ERZ
Local Performer

My wife and I have been having this problem for a couple of months. After seeing this solution earlier this morning I manually checked my Roku Ultra for updates and then restarted it. Playback lasts for a handful of songs now instead of just one or two, but it's still stopping... Obviously this is a ridiculous ongoing problem to have with a premium subscription service.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jwcarlton @ERZ @mjwilli @DeanH @HarborSailor @mldahl  

Thanks for posting your experience with Roku. 

@ERZ @HarborSailor - I see that you also emailed our support team. To curb any duplicate info or troubleshooting steps, I'd like to continue the support process with you here on community. 

I've passed on your info to our engineering team who is working with Roku on this. 

A configuration change was deployed by Roku last week that may help with the playback issue. To ensure that this change takes effect on your device immediately, you'll need to power-cycle your Roku.

If you've already power-cycled your Roku and are still running into the playback issue, you can try downloading our beta version of the app. The beta version has been confirmed by several listeners to have corrected the playback issue while we continue to investigate. 

To do this:

This version of the Pandora app should then appear on your Roku device and you’ll be required to log into your Pandora account.

Thanks for your continued patience. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

ChiefRocka
Underground

This issue appears to be resolved for me.

Patty1515
Underground

After seeing responses here, I'm sticking with the Beta version. Roku Ultra and it will play all afternoon with no problems. 

Everyone with issues, follow Tanner's instructions to install the Beta. It works great. We are happy with it. 

0 Kudos