cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku - Playback Stops After Every Song

GaryJ
Underground

Hi, I have a Pandora Premium account and am having issues as of late on my Pandora app running on my Roku device.  It plays one song, then stops. 

The Pandora app is version 5.4, build o.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Any fixes would be appreciated.  Thanks, Gary

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 12/23/20:

Hi everyone! We believe this issue has been fully resolved. If you haven't already, be sure to power cycle your Roku device so any changes will take effect immediately. 

If you're currently using the beta version, feel free to return to the regular Pandora app on your Roku device. 

If you experience this issue again, please create a new post. 

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update 12/3/2020:

Thank you everyone for taking the time to report that playback stops on your Roku devices. Roku has made a configuration change that we believe has resolved this issue. 

To ensure the changes take effect immediately, please power cycle your Roku device.

If you are currently using the beta version of the Pandora app and have not run into any playback issues with the fix, feel free to remove the beta version. 

Let me know if you continue to experience any playback issues. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
149 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @GaryJ! Thanks for posting. 

I'd like to report this to our engineers for further investigation. Are there any error messages that pop up or does the playback just stop?

Could you tell me more about your Roku device?

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)

Thanks for the help!

GaryJ
Underground

Hi, thanks for the quick reply Tanner.

Roku Model 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial No. YJ001A814505

Software Version 9.4.0 build 4174-46

PS. I've restarted the Roku box several times with no change resulting

GaryJ
Underground

And no error messages.  The current song ends and that's it.  No sound, no change in the screen.  At the conclusion of the track, the arrow is shown so that you can press PLAY and it will play the same song.  I've examined all of the account options and I see nothing that would trigger such behavior.

AdamPandora

@GaryJ One thing I noticed is that the Pandora account connected to your Community profile shows no recent activity on a Roku device.

I do see you are upgraded to a family plan, so I believe you may be logged into one of those added accounts on your device.

I am going to send you a private message to gather additional details on that, so please keep an eye out for my message. 📬 

Adam | Community Moderator

crawford13x
Underground

I'm having a similar problem. I've tried to play playlists on my Roku box. Pandora will play five or six songs then stop. The album cover will float up and down but not go to the next song. I tried deleting the Pandora app and turning off Roku and the TV, then powering my modem off and on, then powering Roku back on and reinstalling Pandora.

Roku model is 4670X - Roku Ultra.

Serial number is YJ00GK488488

Software is 9.4.0 build 4174-46

TannerPandora

Hey @GaryJ and @crawford13x!

I've been in touch with some engineers and we're having a hard time trying to diagnose this issue. 

We currently have a trace enabled on your account, can you please reproduce this experience and let me know the date and time. This will help us out greatly. 

We've also contacted Roku about this. They've asked that you send a diagnostic report to them as well. 

To do that, you'll need the Roku remote with the following commands:

• Home - 5x,
  • Up - 1x,
  • Rewind - 2x,
  • Fast Forward - 3x

This will upload the logs and force a reboot of the device. 

Thanks for the help and your continued patience while we look into this. 

AKshooter907
Local Performer

I am having the same exact issue. Pandora will play one or two songs and stop, not advancing to the next song on my station.

My info is

Model # 4660X-Roku Ultra

Serial # YJOOHP498691

Software Version 9.4.0  Build 4147-46

0 Kudos

GaryJ
Underground

Tanner, Between 11:45pm and 12:15pm Pacific time the app played 9 songs via the Roku device and then quit.  Far better than 1 song, but not really.

I'll work on sending that date to Roku.

Thank you,

GaryJ
Underground

I followed the steps above the Roku did indeed reboot itself.  I then started the Pandora app again.  This time 6 songs played and stopped.  The app isn't frozen or anything, it's just not playing any music unless I were to select the 'play' arrow again.  So it sits cued up, ready to play the last song it had played before stopping.

TannerPandora

Hi @GaryJ! Thanks for doing all that!

I've passed on all the details to our engineering team so they can continue their investigation. I'll make updates in this thread as they are made available to me. 

In the meantime, we really appreciate your patience! 👍🏻

TannerPandora

Hi @AKshooter907! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I've added your info to our ticket. Our engineers are currently investigating this issue with Roku. I'll be making updates in this thread as they are made to me. So be on the look out!

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @AKshooter907 @GaryJ @crawford13x

We've heard back from the Roku engineering team and they are asking for a Report Tracker for your device.

To enable this, with the Roku remote, press the following commands:

• Press Home 5 times,
  • then Back five times.

This will display a dialog with an issue tracker number. We'll need the Issue ID and the Serial Number.

Feel free to either take a picture of this report to share here or just let me know the info. 

Below is an example of an Issue Report Tracker (Please note: the model is incorrect in this example. The model of your device will appear instead):

Issue Report Tracker.jpg

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos

GaryJ
Underground

Here you go!

IMG_8374.jpg

TannerPandora

You're a rockstar 🌟 @GaryJ

Thanks and stay-tuned. 👍🏻

crawford13x
Underground

Here's mine

IMG-3034.jpg

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Awesome! 🌟🎉Thanks much @crawford13x

0 Kudos

crawford13x
Underground

I brought up Pandora on my Roku box this morning at 2:18 CDT. It crashed after three songs and nine minutes.

I tried again at 3:07 AM CDT. It played six songs over 30 minutes before stopping,

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up with this @crawford13x! I've included this info in my report to our engineer team. This is very helpful. 👍🏻

LynnLeu
Local Performer

I have been having the same issue for the last week or two. I use Pandora through Roku and have never had issues. Without changing anything, all of a sudden I get 1-6 songs on a playlist and then it stops. Sometimes frozen. Sometimes Pandora closes.

0 Kudos