Samsung TV: No Sound

rayjaq
Local Performer

I have no sound on Pandora

Labels (1)
252 Replies

HallFamily
Local Performer

Encountered this issue today and found this thread. My Samsung tv does not have the IPv6 option but I noticed that each time I went to the Network Expert Settings menu and backed out to the previous page the tracks played; one song at a time. I repeated this 4 times before even that didn't work. Needing some music to get me through folding clothes I selected the input for our FireTv and downloaded the Pandora App, performed a device activation from my Samsung phone, and voila.

I decided to go back to the TV Pandora App, log out, and try logging into a different account on the family plan and it performed as before......the track would come up but not progress as if paused.  So, clearly there is an issue with Pandora on Samsung. Not sure why or whose at fault. Could there be a vulnerability in the app Samsung is protecting us from, or is Samsung trying to force our hand. Either way this is frustrating and the guilty party is on the verge of losing a loyal customer.

My recommendation is to sign into Pandora via a streaming service or device connected to your Samsung or cast your phone, pc, or tablet to the Samsung tv.

0 Kudos

Paws
Local Performer

This did not fix my problem. Pandora works on my 58 and 75 Samsung units. 

0 Kudos

maoliver315
Local Performer

does not work.  let us know if something actually works. ill be switching to another music app now, sorry.  silly to have to buy another app just for my tv. 

0 Kudos

mchadwm5
Local Performer
I have determined my issues were 100% related to the firewall I have on my home network. In addition to the Pandora problems, I had roughly 5 other apps on the TV that were not working properly.

I completely bypassed my firewall and everything immediately recovered.

I don't know if it's the TV or each individual app, but something needs connectivity out that the firewall is blocking. I'll have to do a ton of research to try and remedy this.

Thanks!

Chad

720Highlander
Local Performer
I found the IP6V turned off, so I turned it off and it works fine.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows
0 Kudos

marhattan
Local Performer

Disabling the IVP6 setting and rebooting did work for me. Ty!

marhattan
Local Performer

Some too soon. Played for about 30 sec and then quit. ☹️

0 Kudos

HallFamily
Local Performer

I don't know what changed but Pandora plays now on my Samsung. I removed it from my home menu but was still logged in. I went to app library and it's played 5 consecutive songs.

Go figure. Thank whomever is responsible for the fix!!

0 Kudos

naples3078
Underground
Mine started working again too.

--
Nick Braccino
nbraccino@gmail.com
0 Kudos

naples3078
Underground

As reported by others, my Pandora sound started working again. I was about to follow along with others and cancel my subscription when I got a reply that said it worked. I opened my app on the TV and bingo sound is as it was before. 

GodisLove0813
Casual Fan

Hi I’m not sure if you are still the moderator but my pandora app hasn’t had sound on my Samsung tv for over a year and I have tried everything. Please help! How has this not been fixed for two years now.

0 Kudos

Paws
Local Performer
I ended up deleting the Pandora app and reinstalling multiple times. This fixed the problem.
Sent from my iPad

GodisLove0813
Casual Fan

I’m gonna try that thanks!

0 Kudos