Samsung TV: No Sound

rayjaq
Local Performer

I have no sound on Pandora

Labels (1)
249 Replies

gladystackhouse
Underground

After downloading the Pandora app this morning, the app plays one song then the 2nd song comes up. The equalizer, in the upper left hand corner, moves as if music is playing but there's no sound. The timer at the bottom is at zero on both sides. I've uninstalled it, re-installed it, rebooted my modem-router, exited the app, turned off the TV and I' still having the same issue. What more can I do?  Thanks.

• Samsung TV model = UN50NU6900B
  • Router and modem models = ARRIS DG2470
  • Are you using Wi-Fi or Ethernet? = Ethernet
  • What is the name of your Internet Service Provider? = HTC (Horry Telephone Cooperative)

JudyW
Underground
I’ve solved the problem. Got Roku, then subscribed to Hulu.
Voila!!!! Got Pandora through Hulu and it is working.

Sent from my iPhone

gladystackhouse
Underground

What has solved my Samsung Smart Tv problem was going to Settings > Network > Expert Settings > and turning off the IPv6 button. Whew...it took me almost all day to figure that out!!!

mpurc
Opening Act

No sound

Samsung - 55" Class Q80T Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV

ATT BGW210 Modem/Router

ATT is my service provider

Sound was working fine until a few weeks ago.  Video shows that song is clearly playing, but no sound

mpurc
Opening Act

Using wifi connection to tv

0 Kudos

gladystackhouse
Underground

I'm using an ethernet cable to my internet modem. Pandora still working.

mpurc
Opening Act

Got to expert settings and saw no such button.  Software date is 2016.  I hit the sound reset button to return to factory settings since the no sound issue arose a few weeks ago.  Still no sound.

This is getting truly ridiculous!  The scope of this problem is obviously large and widespread.  Instead of a community of pissed off people, why are we not getting direct answers from Pandora's IT people??

0 Kudos

mpurc
Opening Act

Tanner,

Something dramatically changed with the operating software at Pandora and/or Samsung within the last 3 to 10 weeks.  Why is neither party forthcoming with operating software changes that were made this summer!   The problem seems to be identical and spread across many, many Samsung sets, regardless of internet provider, wifi vs ethernet, and modem/router equipment.  A short while ago I did the same thing I did the other day: opened the app on my tv, and it played ONE song, with sound, from start to finish.  I soon as that song finished, the no-sound issue immediately took hold.  I will ask the question again, why doesn't Pandora and/or Samsung step forward to acknowledge the operating software change made this summer, and why they don't debug it.  Is there a conflict between the parent companies we are not being told about, such as happens between individual cable channels and cable/streaming providers?  Very, very strange that I can open the app once a day, and listen to one song all the way through, then kaput.  Looks like this is purposely programmed to happen.  

Got to expert settings and then could find no such button (IPv6)

0 Kudos

mpurc
Opening Act

I've got the exact same problem.  Every day I open the app, it plays one song from start to finish, WITH sound, pause, next song comes up which starts playing WITHOUT sound.  From there on out, regardless of song or station, no audio.  So it is clearly a firmware / software problem residing with Pandora and/or Samsung.  This all started apparently in late June or early July.  Also, the problem is a widespread one, and exists regardless of TV age or model number, router/modem age or model, wifi or ethernet, and ISP.  For Pandora to market and accept new paid subscriptions without being able to provide the service, is unconscionable.  This has gone on for three months now, and no solution on the horizon.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mpurc!

Samsung's engineering team has contacted us and would like to work directly with listeners affected by this to help further investigate. This would mean working directly with the Samsung team to troubleshoot the issue.

If you'd like to participate, please let me know if I can pass along your email address (the one associated with your Pandora account). Please do not include any personal information in this thread, such as emails or phone numbers.

If you'd prefer to use a different email address, you can contact me via private message here on community or tag me (@TannerPandora) in a post and I'll reach out.

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Midair
Underground
How many more affected listeners does Samsung Engineering need?
@TannerPandora you have solicited several and I recall most said they were
willing to assist. Additional data from more affected users should not be
needed unless Samsung & Pandora Support Teams doesn't have a clue of what is
going one. It's way past time for a fix!

mpurc
Opening Act
ok
0 Kudos

Squiddd3
Underground
I agree. This is really ridiculous. As i said before, i have been a paid
subscriber for over 10 years and i have playlists and stations made just
the way i like them, i really don't want to cancel but i cant use it on the
device i want it on the most.
I shouldnt have to put a roku or whatever on my brandhammer new smart tv
in order to use pandora. Lets get this fixed guys, im close to throwing in
the towel.

Gjconsult
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. Pandora worked fine on my Samsung Smart TV until 3 weeks ago. Nothing is fixing the problem. So the only thing that could have changed was an auto software update. I don’t even know whether it updated

Donrjoyce
Local Performer

Tanner,

Just reloaded everything after the all clear message. One song played and then nothing. My equipment is:

Samsung TV  -  QN43Q60RAFXZA

Technicolor Modem  -  CGM4231MDC

Internet  -  Mediacom

Wi-Fi

[email]

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

Runningmd
Local Performer

I too have this issue only on one of my 2 Samsung TVs. Unable to fix it

0 Kudos

RandyBryant
Local Performer

@TannerPandora  I am having this problem on a relativly new Samsung TV

TannerPandora

Hi @RandyBryant! Thanks for posting to community, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Samsung TV.

Can you let me know the following info:

• Samsung TV model
  • Router and modem models
  • Are you using Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
  • What is the name of your Internet Service Provider?
Also, let me know if you'd like to work with Samsung directly. Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DP17
Local Performer

I have a Samsung QLED Q7F

AT&T Uverse

BGW210 router

VIP2250

wireless connection

At around the same tome the TV started having problems my older iphone started having the same problem. Are other users having problems with their older iPhones too? Thx

0 Kudos

nomadsoup
Opening Act

@TannerPandora

Hi, I am having the same issues outlined in this post, which started about 2 days ago.  I looked around on my TV for the suggestions given and tried what was suggested but none helped.  I then reloaded the app on my Samsung TV and it sort of worked for a few songs but eventually it stopped working.  Then I deleted the Pandora app, cycled the power to the TV and then added the pandora app, which resulted in the app not playing at all = the equalizer bar at the top is jumping around but no music and the time tic info at the bottom is not moving.

All other apps on the TV work = Netflix , youtube, youtube TV, Hulu,....

I will work with Samsung or anyone to resolve the issue

I have the following TV:

Samsung

Model # QN82Q80RAF

Type # QN82Q80RA

Version FA01/QRQ80

Hardwired ethernet

0 Kudos