cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV: Playback stops after each song

Gsully
Local Performer

Lately Pandora is stopping after each song on my Samsung smart TV. How can I fix this?  It's my puppies babysitter or was. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Gsully! Welcome to community.

Let's start off with some troubleshooting for your Samsung Smart TV.

First, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Next, please try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung device.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Gsully! Welcome to community.

Let's start off with some troubleshooting for your Samsung Smart TV.

First, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Next, please try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung device.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cvangaale
Local Performer

My TV has just started doing this as well.  I have tried all troubleshooting suggestions.  Is there something else I should try?  I've deleted app and re downloaded.  I've switched Wi-Fi connections, unplugged TV, checked for updates, etc.  Nothing works.  It will start playing for a song then just stop.  It appears it's playing but there will be no sound.  Pandora works on all my other devices.  I would appreciate your advice!  Thank you. 

0 Kudos

Suzislug
Local Performer

Mine does same exact thing.  All of the items on checklist have been done but during first song, it appears to be playing but no sound

0 Kudos

Mkat2023
Local Performer

@Gsully @Suzislug @cvangaale @TannerPandora  Any solutions? I tried doing all the Recs and still doesn’t work!! Maybe I need to switch to Spotify🤪

0 Kudos

loisgrant
Local Performer

Samsung TV Model numberUN49NW800. one song plays and then quits playing until I click on my collection etc. Then plays one more song.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@loisgrant I moved your post over to this existing thread: Samsung TV: Playback stops after each song

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora provided in the accepted solution to this thread.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Rstreet149
Local Performer

I have a LG smart tv.  Did all of the above and still no change

I did the uninstalled then reinstalled the program. I am still having this issue

The program came from Google playstore, onto a vseebox

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rstreet149 I don't actually see an LG TV in the list of devices on your Pandora account - I only see TiVo and DIRECTV.

You also mentioned "the program came from Google playstore, onto a vseebox."

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

What is the make and model of the device you are using when the music stops on Pandora?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

Amslube
Local Performer

Pandora started stalling on ads on my Samsung smart TV. Only was to restart Pandora was to power down the TV and restart. After doing all of the suggestions above I realized this started happening after replacing my wifi router with a Linksys MR9000. Solution...I had to disable IPv6 on the router. No Pandora issues since.

kapete
Local Performer

I am listening on a samsung tv and suddenly in the past few days, the music quits playing after a couple of songs.  I change the channel/collection and it does the same thing: plays a few songs then quits.  What is wrong with it?

0 Kudos

kalex55
Underground

Apparently Samsung has developed a compatibility issue with Pandora, I see the same recommendation for several complaints and have yet to see a  responce with "oh yeah this is what fixed it for me".  Mine started to do the same thing and nothing fixes it!!!

0 Kudos

kalex55
Underground

Pandora support is non-existent,  all they know how to do is cut and paste their simple generic troubleshooting steps which will accomplish nothing!!!  I spent the last twelve hours analyzing and researching this problem and thanks to a user w/ a similar problem on a LG tv I found the solution. Go into your router settings and (as in my case w/ an AT&T router)  Broadband, LAN settings and disable IPv6.  This solved my issue with the Samsung TV.  Your welcome PANDORA for me discovering the problem that your support people should be able to accomplish as they are paid full time wages to answer these kinds of issues.  IPv6 is not compatible with Pandora!!!