cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV - Playback stops after each song

toews1
Underground

Pandora stops playing after each song. Doesn't matter the device - Computer, Smart TV, iPhone, happnes on all devices. 

App has to be shut down and restarted, only to play one song and stop again.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
28 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @toews1! Thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear this is happening. 

I have a trace enabled on your account to help us diagnose this issue. We'll need you to try and use Pandora as you normally would. 

To help narrow down what may be happening, I'd like to try some troubleshooting steps with a single device this is happening with. 

Can you let me know the make and model of the device you use the most. Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

toews1
Underground

Hi Tanner,

Upon further investigation it seems to only be isolated to my Samsung TV. It happened on iPhone and Computer as well, but is working on those now.

I do not know the exact specifications of the TV though as it is mounted on the wall.

I have turned on the app on the TV now at 11:16 CST

toews1
Underground

After the first song was played on the Samsung TV it has stopped. 11:20 CST

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @toews1! Thanks for the follow up. 

Let's try a few steps to see if they will help. 

First, make sure your Samsung has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update

Then, if you're able to, please try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung device.

Let me know how it goes. 

toews1
Underground

I checked the TV and there was no available update

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, however, the issue is still happening.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for trying. I'm going to go ahead and create a ticket so we can take a closer look. 

For the sake of trying everything, can you turn off your Samsung, power-cycle your modem and router and then try to play Pandora again. 

toews1
Underground

Still does not work

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Appreciate the effort, @toews1

I've created a ticket so our engineering team can take a closer look at what may be happening. 

If it's possible, under the Settings for your Samsung, can locate and let me know the model number of your TV, that would extremely helpful. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

toews1
Underground

Model Code: 6900

0 Kudos

toews1
Underground

Hi Tanner,

Any update on this?

The issue is still happening.

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Vikinggirlks
Local Performer

I started having this problem with our Samsung tv a couple weeks ago so it does not appear to be fixed.  I have tried all suggested.  I am ready to go to another service.  Any new information on this?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @toews1! Thanks for reaching out.

I checked in with the engineering team and they are still investigating this issue. 

I was asked if you could let me know your internet service provider? 

Thanks for your continued patience while they work on this. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Vikinggirlks! Thanks for posting.

I moved your message over to a more recent post specific to Samsung TVs: Samsung TV - Playback stops after each song

Our engineers are currently investigating this issue. I've gone ahead and added your info to our ticket. 

Could you please provide the following:

• Samsung model number
  • Internet service provider

Thanks!

0 Kudos

pcante123
Local Performer

My Pandora app on both of my Samsung television's, suddenly won't play continuely it goes to next song but I have to get up with the remote and press play how can I fix this? It plays fine on my laptop and my cell phone Android. I also have Alexa

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @pcante123! Thanks for posting. 

I checked your Pandora account and I don't see any Samsung TV's associated.

Can you let me know if the Pandora app is integrated on your Samsung or another device like a receiver such as Comcast Xfinity or Tivo. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Chris312
Local Performer

play back disabled after one song on Samsung tv. I reset my modem and wifi, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and reset my sound. I also looked for a software update on my tv and there aren’t any. Help! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Chris312. 👋

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread as it relates to your issue: Samsung TV - Playback stops after each song

Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Lastly, would you mind providing more details about your Samsung TV device?

• Samsung Model Number
  • Internet Service Provider

Let me know, and I can share this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

SBC427
Local Performer

Pandora doesn't play but maybe one song on samsung smart tv the dots on the top of screen move but no sound and no time count down , and yes I've rebooted all devices and modems and even replace the modem and routers and all devices have latest firmware, I get maybe to play one song a day very frustrating does Spotify have the same issues on Samsung TVs?

0 Kudos

jrallen78
Local Performer

I have a Samsung Q70T TV connected to a Denon AVR-S750H receiver.  Pandora plays one song with sound coming through the receiver.  When the one first song ends and Pandora goes to the second song, the sound bar on Pandora shows it is playing, but no sound comes out of the receiver.  If I change to another one of my saved stations, it again plays one song and then no sound on the second.  ALL other apps play through the receiver with no problems at all.

0 Kudos