cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle doesn't play songs from all selected stations

peachytina
Local Performer

Iphone 12 pro max, Ipad pro, Windows 10 Home, Echo 1st gen, Echo Plus 2nd gen and Echo Dot 2nd gen. My Pandora stations include everyday listening and holiday listening. From Nov-Jan I select all my holiday stations and shuffle them daily. Then mid-Jan-Oct I switch back and select my other stations and deselect my holiday stations. I enjoy a variety of genres and shuffling my stations had been my preferred way of listening to music. However, this year, 2021 when I edited my shuffle list it shuffles every station I've ever listened to including holiday music. I've edited the list many times and by logging into my account on a variety of devices, nothing I've done has fixed this problem. It doesn't work by voice command or by manually selecting shuffle stations when tapping the toggle. Because of this, I'm no longer listening to pandora often - I'd love to find a solution.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
9 Replies

t0astm0nkey
Local Performer

I've got the same issue.  Pandora seems to be shuffling in deselected stations both via web interface (Chrome - w10) and via app interface (Android 11).  I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, changing my station selections, etc.

0 Kudos

Korndog101
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem, anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Bob

Taku
Underground

I am having the same issue since June 2021. Pandora Support keeps telling me that their engineers are aware of the issue and they are working on it. They also tell me that Pandora gets updated frequently, so keep updating the app to see if the fix has been delivered. However, the last update in Google Play Store from September 2021 did not fix the shuffle issue. Shuffle still plays all of my stations on both my Android and laptops. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos

Taku
Underground

@peachytina @t0astm0nkey @Korndog101 

Have any of you resolved your issue? I still have the issue and was told by User Support Manager that they've only received one other reporting of this issue. However, if all of you are still having this issue, then that would be 4 instances of this issue...

0 Kudos

mtmom406
Local Performer

I finally got mine to shuffle all the stations on my computer! These were the directions online:

Click the carat icon next to Shuffle and choose either Shuffle All or Custom. To customize your Shuffle: You can customize the station included in your shuffle selection by: Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.

I had to chose the little edit icon (looks like a pencil) next to shuffle on my main screen. It took me to another screen where  I could do the above. It didn't quite work, so I went over to each of my stations, clicked the shuffle icon (which was on) to turn them off. Then, I followed the above directions, chose 'shuffle all', and voila! Hope this helps someone else!
0 Kudos

Taku
Underground

I am still suffering the issue reported by @peachytina @t0astm0nkey @Korndog101 . The fix reported by @mtmom406 does not fix our issue. It appears that @mtmom406 was trying to shuffle all of her stations. The issue that remains unresolved is only shuffling stations that we select to be shuffled via Custom shuffle. The 4 of us with this issue cannot stop Pandora shuffle mode from excluding the unselected stations from being shuffled in Custom shuffle mode. For us, there is no difference between selecting Shuffle All vs. Custom. 😞

0 Kudos

Taku
Underground

I've been meaning to update my situation for a few weeks now, but just getting to do so now.

I'm excited to report that my issue of Pandora shuffle mode not working has finally been resolved. After my Pandora app updated to v2201.1 back at the end of January, the shuffle mode was working again. I don't know what Pandora did to fix my issue, but I'm appreciative of whatever they found and fixed!

I'm a happy Pandora customer again 😊

NancyCA
Local Performer

I'm not sure if this is the same problem everyone else is having, but Pandora is not playing all the stations from my customized shuffle selection. I have Pandora playing for hours a day and can hear different songs from the same artist all day and some artists are never played. My husband has the same problem and his is more noticeable since he has less stations on his shuffle playlist. 

0 Kudos

cindyhess
Local Performer

I am having the same problem!!  

0 Kudos