cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED Xfinity: Unable to login - Activation code flashes to a new one before user can enter

Rgreenwe
Local Performer

Xfinity technician just replaced our box with: XG1v4-A

He stated it was the same type of box. Previously, we exclusively played Pandora through the box/ Xfinity app - no issues.

I’m unable to reactivate it on the new box. Same experience as everyone on this post - when I connect to the Pandora app on the TV, the screen flashes and the activation code continues to refresh, so it’s impossible to capture the accurate/current code for activation.

It’s also impossible to use the login by email screen because the screen continues to refresh back to the Pandora logo screen.

I’ve tried powering off and disconnecting/reconnecting Pandora from my Xfinity. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 5/1/23

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience with the code flashing preventing your ability to log in on your TV. The moderation team has been notified that a small change was made that should help to resolve this issue.

Thank you @lkennedy2342 for your post confirming this change has resolved this for you.

If you continue to have trouble with the flashing screen on your TV, please create a new post. This thread will be marked as resolved and closed off to future comments.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies

joellenb6
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with my Contour TV box. It just started happening in April. I have not changed any equipment but the Pandora app tries to launch and then flashes a screen with different activation codes coming up each time.

TannerPandora

Hi @Rgreenwe and @joellenb6 

Thanks for posting your experience and sorry to hear this is happening with your Xfinity device.

I've gone ahead and passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Keg1
Local Performer

Same problem as above 

My Xfinity box has not changed for several months, but this Pandora issue started on April 17. So, it does not seem to be related to the physical Xfinity box.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

CarmelaManago
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue with new xfinity box.  It works on my iPhone and ipad

I have changed my Xfinity box and the app won’t launch.  It continuously flashes an activation code and you can’t login via email on the tv.  This issue began on April 4th

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Keg1 @CarmelaManago Your feedback has now been forwarded to the engineers who are looking into this as well.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

specificity
Local Performer

How is that post marked as a solution?  When engineering gets back to you and you post the steps to solve the problem, THAT post is gets marked as a solution.  I am having the same problem. 

I also tried clearing the local cache under the privacy settings on both of my boxes then rebooting them and nothing changes.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @specificity.

I've added your report to the ticket we have open with our engineering team as well.

We appreciate your patience as they continue to look into this.

0 Kudos

lkennedy2342
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with my Samsung TV. Pandora works fine on computer and phone but will not load on the TV any  longer.  I listen to Pandora on my TV all day every day so losing this service is awful.  Is there an solution in the works?  This started on April 17th for me.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lkennedy2342 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

crary3
Local Performer

I have the same problem, but only since 4/22/23

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience, @crary3.

I've escalated your report to our engineering team as well.

Thanks for your patience as they continue to look into this.

0 Kudos

mill4259
Local Performer

Have been using Pandora on the same TV for years and suddenly I'm being asked to submit a code that flashes momentarily on the screen or to enter my email address and the box for entering that info flashes on the screen for seconds before disappearing. This is brand new and I can't use Pandora at all. Please restore my account. I haven't been able to listen for almost a week. 

And jeez, there's no submit button for my message. C'mon people!

0 Kudos

RJay
Local Performer

I have the same issue as keg1 and the same time frame. Any progress on a solution?

0 Kudos

Robert567
Local Performer

I had Comcast tech here yesterday. Said it is a "national problem". Seems like Pandora doesn't know what to do either.

0 Kudos

Woodspryte
Local Performer

Same problem here with my Flex. I've had the Flex box for a few months, no problems with Pandora until now (except the cutting off the last few seconds of a song).

0 Kudos

CaraJay722
Local Performer

Same issue here.  I cleared the cache on my xfinity box and pandora just flashes.  I can get it on my sony tv but not through comcast 

0 Kudos

NHSnowSkier
Local Performer

I have had the same equipment and Xfinity service for years.  Over those years I have successfully re-authorized my account on my TV many times through the same screen.  That screen came up again in mid-April so I got my phone to enter the code and realized that the Pandora authorization screen was flashing with a different account code each time.  I work from home and keep music on in the background. Pandora will be useless to me until this gets fixed.

0 Kudos

Jadie
Local Performer

Same issue 

Samsung tv

LG tv

when I open pandora it flashes back and forth but to fast to get the code ….which is only there once out of about 25 flashes.    Then it just says loading code

no error message.

I have been using pandora on both of these tvs for several years.   I have another tv that gets pandora 

0 Kudos

pmclean
Local Performer

on our one TV, Pandora plays music fine; however, on our main TV we've been unable to access Pandora.

A message appears:

'Open Pandora mobile app

Go to Profile>Settings>Device Activation

Enter Code FHE4288H'

yet the code changes in seconds, leaving entry impossible.

Solution?

Thank you.

Peter

0 Kudos