cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos: Grouped speakers causes Someone else listening message

KBlondin
Underground

I have two Sonos speakers, each in separate rooms. I play the same station in both rooms. I don’t share the account with anyone but still get the message constantly, “Someone else is listening. Only one person can listen to Pandora at a time.” Then it stops playing. Why does it do this? I changed the password in case I got hacked, but it didn’t work. Help!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

KBlondin
Underground

So I understand - I cannot listen to my Pandora account with one speaker in the kitchen and one speaker in the living room? Netflix lets me stream my account on three TVs in my house. This makes zero sense. You need new engineers if they "can't" or the powers that be at Pandora "won't' let you utilize more than one speaker in your home. In the meantime, I have subscribed to Spotify until this is fixed. I will not renew my membership when it is due.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @KBlondin! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this is happening.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. The next time you receive a "Someone else is listening..." message, can you let me know the date and time and I'll take a closer look.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

KBlondin
Underground

Thank you for the fast response! It’s been going on forever and of course when I was listening yesterday, it didn’t do it. However, if it does I will be sure to note when it happened and let you know. 🤗

TannerPandora

Thanks, @KBlondin! Hope you have a great weekend! 🙌

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

KBlondin
Underground

It happened! 2/5/22 4:18 PM

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @KBlondin! Thanks, I'll take a closer look. Can you confirm the device, was this still on Sonos?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

KBlondin
Underground

Yes, Sonos.

0 Kudos

KBlondin
Underground

Happened again today 5:25 PST.

0 Kudos

KBlondin
Underground

I’m still having issues?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @KBlondin! Sorry for the delay. I meant to reach out sooner.

I've talked to our engineering team that is currently investigating. Unfortunately, our engineers have been unable to reliably reproduce this issue. As a result, we’ve been unable to release a fix and have no eta for when one might be available. However, they are continuing to look into this.

Sorry again for the delay, and for any inconvenience.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

KBlondin
Underground

So I understand - I cannot listen to my Pandora account with one speaker in the kitchen and one speaker in the living room? Netflix lets me stream my account on three TVs in my house. This makes zero sense. You need new engineers if they "can't" or the powers that be at Pandora "won't' let you utilize more than one speaker in your home. In the meantime, I have subscribed to Spotify until this is fixed. I will not renew my membership when it is due.

beetboxcafehawa
Local Performer

This happens to me as well. I have a family plan with 3 emails signed up to it but I keep get kicked off saying 'only one person can listen to your account ' and 9/10 times no one else is listening. Its very frustrating especially since I am paying $165 for this service. What's going on here?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @beetboxcafehawa Welcome to community!

Did this error message happen recently?

I took a closer look at your Family Plan Pandora accounts and I see a simultaneous stream error message from 11/17/22 when an iPhone and a Sonos device attempted to play at the same time between 10:04am and 10:12am.

Additionally, of the 3 family plan member invites, only 2 have been accepted. The third invitation does not have a Pandora account associated with email address and has not been added to the play. If you need help adding this email, please let me know.

In the meantime, if you continue to receive this error, I'm happy to look into it further. I've enabled a trace on the active Pandora accounts to help investigate further. Please let me know the time and date you receive the error again and I'll have a look.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos