cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony TV: No Sound

Damien
Local Performer

I have a new Sony Bravia smart TV with Pandora. Sometimes there is sound when I’m playing a song; sometimes there isn’t; it seems to take several hours for the sound to start working.

This has nothing to do with the TV’s volume, which is turned up. My wife has a second Sony Bravia smart TV downstairs (the new one is on the second floor) which has never had the sound problem. But it happened at least one since I got the new TV.

Even though we have separate Pandora accounts, the no sound issue keeps happening on my TV upstairs. I believe we set up my new TV using her Google account.

Anyone got a solution? Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

JChazTony
Local Performer

Just unplug your TV for 60 seconds and plug it back in. When you restart pandora it will relaunch the app and you'll have volume. These smart TVs are essentially computers. When something doesn't work, just reboot!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AdamPandora

@Damien I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

JChazTony
Local Performer

Just unplug your TV for 60 seconds and plug it back in. When you restart pandora it will relaunch the app and you'll have volume. These smart TVs are essentially computers. When something doesn't work, just reboot!

0 Kudos