cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Limit on TV / In-home devices

Yanni
Local Performer

My free subscription gives me only 100 stations.  I listen through my DirectTV.  How can I get 250 stations?  (One beef I have with Pandora is that you cannot find hardly any information at all anywhere on each subscription's station limits.)

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Yanni I moved your post to the Other Devices space since this is related to your DirecTV device.

Unfortunately, you will only have access to 95 of your stations when listening on DirecTV.

It's true that there is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations.

However, please note that some consumer electronic devices (such as DirecTV) and car stereos are not optimized for the new station limit and will still be subject to the limit of 95 - 100 stations.

You'll be able to use the Search feature on your device to look for stations that may not be visible.

Hope this helps explain. 😁

View solution in original post

53 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Yanni I moved your post to the Other Devices space since this is related to your DirecTV device.

Unfortunately, you will only have access to 95 of your stations when listening on DirecTV.

It's true that there is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations.

However, please note that some consumer electronic devices (such as DirecTV) and car stereos are not optimized for the new station limit and will still be subject to the limit of 95 - 100 stations.

You'll be able to use the Search feature on your device to look for stations that may not be visible.

Hope this helps explain. 😁

Yanni
Local Performer

Yes, thank you.  I recently signed up for the 3 mo free trial for Premium and could see no difference when using DirectTV which was puzzling, and I was unable to find answers as to why, or any info on the station limit (why was that so hard?), and the electronic chat was a waste of precious time that I cancelled it, and I'll be back to free at the end of the free trial.  I could not even find Premium features from logging into my account and looking at my subscription.  No subscription feature detail anywhere!  No one can pay for something that's a mystery.

0 Kudos

tjparty2007
Local Performer

I just counted my stations on my phone,  my LG TV and my Fire Stick and I am missing 15 stations. What is going on? THAT IS NOT COUNTING THE SHUFFLE GONE ON LG AND STICK. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @tjparty2007. 👋

Looks like you currently have 123 stations associated with your Pandora account. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: 100 Station limit on TV 

Please check out the accepted solution in this thread regarding the 100 station limit on TV devices here.

In the meantime, our engineering team is investigating the shuffle issue. All updates will be posted in this thread: Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio 

Thanks so much for posting on the community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

MPTX
Local Performer

Once again, I've noticed recently that many of my stations no longer appear when listening to Pandora on my smart tv (Sony and Samsung), but they still show up when I listen via my iphone app or my computer.  I've logged out and logged back in on the smart tv, but still no success.  Any idea what I can do to fix this?  Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MPTX! Thanks for posting.

I moved your message over to an existing post: Station Limit on TVs

There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. However, consumer electronic devices and car stereos are not optimized for the 250 station limit and will still be subject to the previous limit of 95-100 stations.

Hope this helps to explain. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Efyou64
Local Performer

I’ve been using the Pandora app on my TiVo for a few years and have not had problems until now. I accidentally marked two of my stations to “download” using my phones Oandora app, and after doing so, I logged into my TiVo’s Pandora app, and those 2 stations were missing.  Went back to my phone and corrected it so that those two stations were not in “download mode”, yet my Pandora app still won’t include those 2 stations in my station list, even after removing/adding back the app, and or signing out and signing back in. Any ideas on how to force the app to load those 2 stations back onto my station list?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Efyou64 I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Station Limit on TVs

There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. However, consumer electronic devices and car stereos are not optimized for the 250 station limit and will still be subject to the previous limit of 95-100 stations.

So while certain stations my show on the app installed on your phone, they may not be available when streaming Pandora on your TV.

Hope this helps to explain. 

0 Kudos

mthurman
Local Performer

I control Pandora with Heos app to play on my marantz.  suddenly it only show artists A thru T and doesn't show anything beyond T.  How do I restore?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mthurman. 👋

Thanks so much for posting your experience on the Pandora Community!

Could you tell a bit more about what is happening?

• Does this happen when you attempt to sort your stations? 
  • Or, can you only scroll down to station names beginning with "T"?
  • Have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

If you're able to send over a screenshot of what you see, this would be helpful too. If you need steps to take a screenshot, feel free to let me know. 

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Timozorio
Local Performer

I have the same issue...only shows up to “M”

2CB3D55B-97A8-433B-A9D3-3E9F12897C46.png

0 Kudos

Arod783
Local Performer

I have Pandora Premium. For some reason the station I listen to the most will not show up on my saved stations on my Xbox App. 70’s light rock is not listed even though it is listed my IPhone App. I’ve deleted and erased the App. I have to search for the station every time is use the app on the Xbox. This only happens on that device. It shows on My Collection on all other devices. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Arod783! Thanks for posting.

I moved your post over to an existing thread that sounds similar to yours: Station Limit on TV/CE devices

There is a 95-100 station limit on devices like Xbox. Some consumer electronic devices are no optimized to receive the full 250 station limit. I do see that you have 147 stations on your account currently. You should be able to use the search bar to locate any station that are not available within your current selection. 

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

WilliePetrkitty
Local Performer

What's the solution to missing stations while using Samsung TV. 

If I do  search in windows web interface I can find them if I know their name. They do not show if I just browse or search on my TV.

I normally use Google home to listen.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @WilliePetrkitty! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread here

Unfortunately, you will only have access to 95-100 of your stations when listening on your TV. Some consumer electronic devices are no optimized to receive the full 250 station limit. I've noted your feedback for our products team. 

In the meantime, you should be able to use the search feature to play any station that might not be available in your station list. 

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.  

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

WilliePetrkitty
Local Performer

I only have 84 stations when I view them in windows. So that it will only show 95 on the TV doesn't make sense.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @WilliePetrkitty ~ I checked your Pandora account that is associated with your community profile and you have a total of 168 active station. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

L_ARN
Underground

I did read the post on missing station/ or playlist.

I saw that you were able to restore an "inadvertently" deleted station.

One of my oldest stations is not there anymore...CAT STEVENS

I have spent a LOT of time over the years training that station!

I just started a new station YUSUF/CAT STEVENS.....but will have to be vigilant in retraining it.

That is what prompted me to research how to restore the deleted station.

I would be MOST appreciative if you could help me....

Thanks for any help with this!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@L_ARN Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I'm showing Cat Stevens Radio is still in your collection:

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 4.15.29 AM.png

If it is still missing on your end, please send me a screenshot of what you see when you sort your stations A-Z, and scroll down til you get to the stations that start with the letter "C."

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝