cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-home Devices: Timeout Message

sodisa6q
Local Performer

I have the same problem. After a certain period of time the playback stops and I have a window pop up that asks me if I am still there and want to continue playing music. Why is that? Quite annoying.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @sodisa6q 

Sounds like you're receiving the timeout message.

The timeout message comes up when we detect that you have not interacted with the player for a while. This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs since we pay full royalties on every song we play. Having the timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices.

When you encounter the timeout message, you'll need to interact with the player to continue listening.

To limit timeouts you can upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, which allow you to listen for longer periods without a timeout message. To learn more about this please visit this page.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @sodisa6q 

Sounds like you're receiving the timeout message.

The timeout message comes up when we detect that you have not interacted with the player for a while. This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs since we pay full royalties on every song we play. Having the timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices.

When you encounter the timeout message, you'll need to interact with the player to continue listening.

To limit timeouts you can upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, which allow you to listen for longer periods without a timeout message. To learn more about this please visit this page.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

sodisa6q
Local Performer
Thank you for the explanation. I usually let the music play for my anxious dog when I am away. But he can't interact with the radio. So it would be nice if that is a feature that could be deactivated if needed.

Thanks,
Sandra

Rothermel77
Local Performer

Cannot find settings to allow continuous play and not time out. I use Xfinity stream box. Trying to have background noise for my dog while I’m at work for 10+ hours. Thank you.  

0 Kudos

Tonkamedic258
Local Performer

I would like to leave Pandora on all day (12-14 hours) for dogs.

I had cable and had a music channel that would play for days until I turned it off.

I just canceled cable.

I know I need to upgrade but not sure if that will do it as well as which upgrade I need.

Please help.

Thanks Bored Dogs. 🐕 

0 Kudos

onkamedic258
Local Performer

I want to leave my Pandora station on easy listening all day for my dogs.

Which plan do I need?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @onkamedic258 

Welcome to community!

I moved your post over to an existing thread: In-home Devices: Timeout Message.

If you're receiving a timeout message or if playback stops on your in-home device this may because we've detected that you have not interacted with the player for a while. This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs since we pay full royalties on every song we play. Having the timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices. Ultimately, it allows us to maintain our subscription prices.

Upgrading allows you to listen uninterrupted for longer periods of time. Pandora Plus subscribers have longer timeout periods than free listeners, and Pandora Premium subscribers have longer timeout periods than Pandora Plus subscribers. While you will experience fewer timeouts, the timeout policy does not go away.

We actively test various approaches to better gauge whether or not we’re playing to an empty room. While Pandora Premium subscribers benefit from our longest period of uninterrupted listening, the only way to eliminate timeouts completely is by subscribing to Pandora for Business. This option is not an ideal solution for home use, as it involves a higher subscription fee that includes music licensing costs and must be played through special equipment. If that still interests you, you can get more information about Pandora for Business through our partners at Mood Media.

Alternatively, you can sign up for trials for our Plus or Premium subscription directly through Pandora. To view these benefits and to sign up for the trial, you can visit https://www.pandora.com/plans. You can cancel at any time.

Hope this helps to explain.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

onkamedic258
Local Performer
Thank you for your response.
I completely understand.
I am wanting to play it (soundscape soothing) for approx 14 hours for my
pets at home.
Not sure about the business plan. I will look into.
I have no problem paying for The Premium Or the top tier that is for
individuals.

I will look into the link you sent as well as other streaming services that
may serve my needs.

Thanks again for your response and help.

Have a Great weekend.

Tiffany Biewer