cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox One: Crashes in the background

MediaMonkey
Local Performer

Hello, on my new Series X, the Pandora app loads and plays perfectly when it's running as the main app.  However, if I select a game to play to have Pandora playing in the background music, the app crashes within seconds of the game launching.  This happens across different games.  I've already uninstalled and re-installed the app multiple times and shut down and booted up the xbox from total shutdown multiple times.  Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

asog2
Underground

Hi everyone, so I think I found a weird fix (not a real fix) for the xbox series x instant crash. It will work for now until they make an actual fix. Open pandora and get it on the station you want it on, then exit (go to xbox home or a game). Yes it will crash in about 6 seconds or something but then open pandora again and instantly leave the app before it passes the loading screen (go home or open a game while the big blue pandora loading screen is still active). I have 100% success rate for the app saying running through surfing the home, opening apps, and playing games. This may not be the ideal way to work the app but hope it helps. 

View solution in original post

62 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @MediaMonkey! Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that Pandora is crashing. 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us investigate. While the trace is enabled, can you please uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app.

Note: you'll need to be signed into your Xbox Live account. 

1. Go to My games & apps from the home screen and highlight Pandora from the list of apps.
  2. Press the menu button on your controller.
  3. Select Uninstall.
  4. Choose Uninstall all to confirm that you want to uninstall the app.

Then, reinstall the app:

1. From Xbox's Home, go to Store and either select Browse apps > Popular music apps or search for Pandora to download the app.
  2. When the download is complete, you can find Pandora again in the My games & apps section.

Once you reinstall, can you reproduce the crash and let me know the date and time it happened. Also, please include the following info about your Xbox:

• Could you tell me what OS version your Xbox One is on? (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info.)

• What version of the Pandora app are you on? (You can find that in the Pandora app in Settings, underneath Terms of Use.)

Thanks for your help with this!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MediaMonkey
Local Performer

Hello, uninstalled and reinstalled. Crashes occured at 5:10 pm on 11/17/2020 and 5:13 on 11/17/2020, and now the crashes are occuring if I back out of the app at all, not only when I start a game to play.  So anytime the app is put into "background mode" the app crashes.  My Pandora app is at version 3.0.0 and my Xbox Series X is at 10.0.19041.5082.  

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @MediaMonkey! I've relayed this info over to our engineers so they can investigate further. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SLUMERIIC4N
Local Performer

I am having the same exact problems.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @SLUMERIIC4N! Thanks for posting and sorry to hear that. 

Can you let me know some info about your XBox:

Could you tell me what OS version your Xbox One is on? (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info.)

Also, what version of the Pandora app are you on? (You can find that in the Pandora app in Settings, underneath Terms of Use.)

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sheppardgrady
Local Performer

This also happens to me. Pandora played fine as a background app on my Xbox one x. On my series x it will not. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sheppardgrady! Thanks for posting.

Did this just recently started happening for your Series X? 

Could you tell me what OS version your Xbox One is on? (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info.)

Also, what version of the Pandora app are you on? (You can find that in the Pandora app in Settings, underneath Terms of Use.)

In the meantime, I've included your info on our ticket for this. Our engineers are investigating this issue. 

Thanks for your help and patience!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Dfabian07
Local Performer

I just tried playing Pandora as i went to play my game & like 2 seconds after i started playing it will stop playing & close the app. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dfabian07 Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread.

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora suggested in his message above. 

If you continue to run into issues, could you tell me what OS version your Xbox One is on? (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info.)

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

asog2
Underground

Yea sorry to beat a dead horse but it seems this is happening to more than a few people. I'm also getting the crash on my xbox series x within a few seconds of leaving the app for intended background music. My pandora version is 3.0.0 and my console version is 10.0.19041.5481

I don't know if throwing out unwarranted speculation helps but it could be part of an xbox issue. I don't know if this makes sense to you or not but in the microsoft store they now have autoplay game trailers while hovering over the intended game. These trailers seem to crash here and there too but not while playing the trailer from the official game page. I'm no expert though sorry if I'm just being dumb. I enjoy pandora and these crashes break the main reason people use pandora on xbox so I'm just trying to help if I can.

0 Kudos

HeresJohnny
Local Performer

Definitely an Xbox thing. I have Xbox one x and series x and does the same on both. It’s not a Pandora issue I believe. Pandora hasn’t crashed on any other device I have. 

0 Kudos

thomas0509
Local Performer

im having the same issue cant figure out what is going on please help

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @HeresJohnny @asog2 @thomas0509! Thanks for posting your experience to community. 

@thomas0509 - I moved your message over this thread to keep things organized. 

I'd like to report your issue to our engineers for further investigation.

Also, I've enabled a trace on your account, would you mind replicating the issue and letting me know the time and date it crashed. 

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

asog2
Underground

I didn't give a time before so again my pandora version is 3.0.0 and my console version is 10.0.19041.5481 time of a few crashes are from 7:06-7:08pm and 7:14-7:16pm (eastern standard time) on December 7. I will note that it didnt actually crash every time this time.

0 Kudos

asog2
Underground

Hi everyone, so I think I found a weird fix (not a real fix) for the xbox series x instant crash. It will work for now until they make an actual fix. Open pandora and get it on the station you want it on, then exit (go to xbox home or a game). Yes it will crash in about 6 seconds or something but then open pandora again and instantly leave the app before it passes the loading screen (go home or open a game while the big blue pandora loading screen is still active). I have 100% success rate for the app saying running through surfing the home, opening apps, and playing games. This may not be the ideal way to work the app but hope it helps. 

TannerPandora

@asog2  Thanks for the follow up and work around steps. I hope it helps in the meantime. 😓

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

xIKaBooM
Local Performer

This does work thanks

TheXploiter
Local Performer

They are on an Xbox series X, not an Xbox one. It seems pandora's software isn't working with the new Xbox. I'm also having the same issue.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for confirming, @xIKaBooM

++

In the meantime, I'd like to gather more info about the last track playing before the crash. 

Please, let me know the artist and song title of the track. If this happens multiple times with different songs, feel free to let me know which ones. 

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos