cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha: Access Error Message when playing music

Kscribner
Local Performer

We listen to Pandora via a Yamaha RX-V671 network receiver. We have done that successfully for several years. Recently we started having problems. The receiver will play a few songs via Pandora, typically 2-5, but then will display access error.  We have deleted and re-added the Pandora account, but that did not help. The receiver is on the latest firmware (1.80).

Also, I have verified that the local network is functioning normally. The receiver is connected via cable, it i is not using wifi.

We can listen to other streaming services on the receiver without any problems.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

rapster
Local Performer

I had the same issue and tracked it to an update with my home network's DNS (domain name system).  Since my receiver is setup to use DHCP ("Auto") to obtain an IP address and a DNS address i simply had to unplug the network cable and plug it back in to get a new/correct DNS server address. If the connection is Wi-Fi then you can disconnect from the Wi-Fi network and then reconnect for the same effect. 

To see if this might be your issue, go into the receiver's network information panel and compare the DNS value to the one in your phone (on an iPhone it's in Settings / Wi-Fi / Information (the little circled "i" beside the Wi-Fi network name) / Configure DNS / DNS SERVERS.

Best wishes

View solution in original post

45 Replies

AdamPandora

@Kscribner Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

If you continue to experience issues, can you please send us a picture of the error message you are seeing? You can attach it in a reply to this thread.

Thanks for your patience with this. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

bceballo
Local Performer

I have the same exact issue which started several weeks ago after no issue with Pandora for many years on my Yamaha RX-A710 receiver.  Likewise, I am connected to the router via ethernet cable and I am current (1.80) on the Yamaha firmware.  Rebooting the router did not change the issue.  It plays from 2 - 5 songs and then stops with Access Error on the TV On Screen and on the receiver. Must power off and on to clear.  The other issue is that the formatting is off on the TV screen in that it truncates the right side of the screen where the options are listed such as selecting I Like this Song, and I Don't Like This Song, and Browse, etc.  Those options still work but are not shown on the screen.  Is there something that Pandora changed 3 or 4 weeks ago that could have caused this?  Here are pictures of the Access Error on the receiver screen and the cut-off screen on right of TV

Access Error on receiverAccess Error on receiverTruncated screen on TVTruncated screen on TV    

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bceballo and @Kscribner! Thanks for letting us know your experience, and sorry for any trouble on your Yamaha receivers. 

I've gone ahead and created a ticket to pass on to our engineers for further investigation into this error message. Thanks to you both for including the device information!

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

fredsnet
Local Performer

Was there ever a solid resolution to this issue?  I have been having this issue for about a month and I've tried upgrade to my firmware and Apps and still have the same issue.  I do not have similar issues with other connected services like Spotify or Amazon Music.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @fredsnet

Thanks for posting your experience. We believed this error had been resolved but sounds like you're still experiencing it.

I'll create a new ticket for this issue. In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account. I'd like to remove the Yamaha device association with your Pandora account and have you log back in and try Pandora again for me. 

Can you please take note of the date and time you receive the error message. 

Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos

fredsnet
Local Performer

Thanks for your attention to this.  I went back into my Yamaha MusicCast App and I did have to re-login to Pandora (looks like your removal of my device worked).  I started playing some music, it played for about a minute then stopped.  It was 14:23 PST today 10/3/2020.  It displayed the same error of "Access Error" on the front of the receiver.  I can stream other music just fine, and Pandora works on my other devices (phones, alexa etc)  I'm on the latest firmware from my receiver which is a TSR-7850.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @fredsnet!

I've created a new report and let our engineers know that you're still experiencing this issue. 

Thanks for your patience while we look into this. 🙂

0 Kudos

tomvesely
Local Performer

Pandora stopped allowing sign in from MusicCast.  How do I reconnect?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tomvesely Is this due to an issue with your email/password not being recognized by the system?

Or is there an error message that pops up when you attempt to sign in?

If so, please do me a favor and send me a picture of what you are seeing when you attempt to sign in on that device.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

michaelpacino
Local Performer

I’m having similar problems now when I try to access Pandora. I have a Sony TV and Yamaha Receiver. Out of nowhere, I could not access Pandora. I get an Access Error. I have not changed anything on my devices, remotes, etc. This is only happening on my TV and receiver. I can play Pandora in my IPhone without issue?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @michaelpacino! Thanks for posting.

Just to clarify, are you able to play music and then the playback stops with the 'Access Error' message or are you not able to log in at all and you receive the error message?

Would it be possible to take a photo of what you're seeing?

Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos

michaelpacino
Local Performer

I can’t access Pandora Music at all. Never had an issue in 3-years.

This is the error message I receive when I try to access it via my remote:

image.jpg

Pandora is working on my IPhone. My internet connection seems to be working. All of my cable channels and Apple TV is working. Just this app is not responding now on my TV. Could it have to do with the connection of my Pandora app to my Yamaha Receiver or the TV itself? My receive shows the same error message: Pandora Access Error.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @michaelpacino! Thanks for following up with that screenshot. It's very helpful. 

I'm going to create ticket so our engineering team can take a closer look at this. 

However, after checking your Pandora account, it looks like you may have more than one account. The email associated with your community profile doesn't have any stations or devices associated with it. 

I'll follow up with you via DM to gather any other emails that may have been used. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

chissflyer
Local Performer

I am having the same issue.  I can sign in from the website, but any of my devices (Yamaha Musiccast - multiple devices) are unable to sign in.

I have multiple Musiccast Devices.  Earlier this week they were often only playing a couple songs and then stopping.  Starting yesterday I started to receive an "Access Error" on occasion or it just wouldn't play any music.

I decided to sign out and try to sign in again, and now I am receiving:

Access Error
Unable to register your system

I am able to sign in just fine with same username/password in the website.  

I have all the latest firmwares for my Yamaha devices and the latest MusicCast app for my phone.

I would appear that for some reason I have hit a limit of too many devices on my account (I should have 2 AppleTVs, 4 MusicCast Devices - though it may show up as more due to the 2 quad streamers each having 4 "devices", and an iPhone and an iPad)

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @chissflyer! Thanks for posting. 

I merged both your post here to help keep things organized. I've updated my report to include your info. Our engineers are currently investigating this. 

Please keep an eye out on this post as I'll make updates as they are made available to me. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

Pippacat
Local Performer

I am experiencing both errors described in this thread.  Pandora will play for a short time then stop with an unable to access error message.  When I try to relog into Pandora through musiccast I get an unable to register your system error message

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Pippacat! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I've added your info to our ticket. We are looking into this. Keeping an eye out on this thread, I'll be making updates as they are made available to me. 

Thanks for much for your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

stelonious
Local Performer

MusicCast app "Access Error" when using Pandora from Pixel 3a

Is it true that Pandora is preventing logins from the Yamaha MusicCast app as of mid-November?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @stelonious! Thanks for posting. 

I've passed your info along to our engineers that are investigating this. 

Can you clarify if you are prevented from logging in with the message 'Access Error' or are you able to log in, successfully play music and then receive the 'Access Error' message. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos