cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha: Access Error Message when playing music

Kscribner
Local Performer

We listen to Pandora via a Yamaha RX-V671 network receiver. We have done that successfully for several years. Recently we started having problems. The receiver will play a few songs via Pandora, typically 2-5, but then will display access error.  We have deleted and re-added the Pandora account, but that did not help. The receiver is on the latest firmware (1.80).

Also, I have verified that the local network is functioning normally. The receiver is connected via cable, it i is not using wifi.

We can listen to other streaming services on the receiver without any problems.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
45 Replies

thudak92
Local Performer

I just started having the pandora access error as of today. Updated software. Unplugged both soundbar and musicast 20. Rebooted my router and still the issue continues.  The app also is having issues even recognizing the soundbar. When I try to play spotify thru musicast it does not always see the soundbar as a connection option. When it does it still has issues connecting. 

0 Kudos

schapstic
Local Performer

I too have the RX-V673 and both my Pandora and Sirius XM apps stopped working. I've tries unplugging, etc.. and nothing worked. Last night I erased my accounts and signed back into them. Pandora worked at first and after changing a few stations, it quit again. Sirius XM never let me sign back in, just kept getting network and access errors.... This seems to have been going on for quite awhile now, when will Yamaha step up and fix the problem? 

0 Kudos

Joesephd
Local Performer

Any resolution to this problem? I'm receiving the unable to register system on with music cast after registering my account.

0 Kudos

Tazwine
Local Performer

This is getting to be ridiculous. There was no response to my 4/25/21 post, and the issue continues. After a few days of inactivity (due to my giving up in frustration), it will play and then quit suddenly with an Access Error. Now I cannot login at all, and there is no option on my receiver to log out and log back in. Rebooting my cable modem, router and home theater receiver did not change anything. I am on the latest firmware on my Yamaha TSR-6750.

0 Kudos

Kscribner
Local Performer

@Tazwine -  It has been almost a year since I made the original post, so my memory is not detailed on what all happened.  Have you tried logging out of Pandora via the receiver and logging back in?  I know it took a while (days), but Pandora has been working properly for me for quite some time since the original post.

0 Kudos

Tazwine
Local Performer

Thank you for your kind reply. Unfortunately, this behavior on the Yamaha is recent. I have verified repeatedly the receiver is connected to the WiFi network and that there are no network related issues. But the receiver, when input is selected to Pandora Radio, simply errors to a message saying not connected to network, at which point there is no option to logout or even remove the account. A few days later, the station will simply work for a while and then report an Access Error. Seems like some network issue at Pandora. All other devices seem to work properly. I was hoping to get some response from Pandora, but maybe they don’t monitor this forum.

0 Kudos