cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha: Access Error Message when playing music

Kscribner
Local Performer

We listen to Pandora via a Yamaha RX-V671 network receiver. We have done that successfully for several years. Recently we started having problems. The receiver will play a few songs via Pandora, typically 2-5, but then will display access error.  We have deleted and re-added the Pandora account, but that did not help. The receiver is on the latest firmware (1.80).

Also, I have verified that the local network is functioning normally. The receiver is connected via cable, it i is not using wifi.

We can listen to other streaming services on the receiver without any problems.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
41 Replies

stelonious
Local Performer

Hi, thanks for the response.

I get it before access to my stations, so it seems at login time.

It is a MusicCast error that tells me "You need to agree to streaming service usage in the settings for this room", yet there is no clear option to do this. 

Has Pandora done anything to restrict access from MusicCast?

regards

stelonius

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @stelonious!

I'm not aware of any changes on our end that would cause this. Though this info is very helpful and I have passed it along to our engineers that are investigating. 

Is it posted some where that Pandora is denying accessing?

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

thatchfelt
Local Performer

I am having this issue as well. Able to access Pandora on all other devices but suddenly unable to access consistently via musiccast on yamaha receiver.  At times it will connect intermittently for a song or two but generally I receive the Access Error message.

0 Kudos

synixbass
Local Performer

I am having the issue where musiccast cannot login to Pandora, yet I can through a browser.  Can you look at my account?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @synixbass! Thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear this is happening.

I've included your info on our ticket. Our engineering team is still investigating this issue. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. Happy holidays!

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Hwood
Local Performer

I am having the same issue...Pandora Access Error...did they find a fix for you?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Hwood Unfortunately, this issue has not been resolved yet.

I have added your info to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks so much for your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

cgiroud
Local Performer

I am having the exact same issue on my Yamaha RX-V675 receiver.  Pandora plays a few songs then I get an access error.  It's very frustrating.  How can I fix it?

0 Kudos

rapster
Local Performer

I had the same issue and tracked it to an update with my home network's DNS (domain name system).  Since my receiver is setup to use DHCP ("Auto") to obtain an IP address and a DNS address i simply had to unplug the network cable and plug it back in to get a new/correct DNS server address. If the connection is Wi-Fi then you can disconnect from the Wi-Fi network and then reconnect for the same effect. 

To see if this might be your issue, go into the receiver's network information panel and compare the DNS value to the one in your phone (on an iPhone it's in Settings / Wi-Fi / Information (the little circled "i" beside the Wi-Fi network name) / Configure DNS / DNS SERVERS.

Best wishes

View solution in original post

synixbass
Local Performer

I have not used my system since my post.  I just tried again and it is working fine.  No idea what caused or resolved the issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cgiroud Unfortunately, this issue is still being investigated.

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 

0 Kudos

s97geckle
Underground

I have a Yamaha RX 1050 receiver and the firmware is updated to the most current (2.85) but when I try to play Pandora I get "Access Error" . I have tried several times to re-establish my internet connection but that makes no difference. HELP!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@s97geckle I moved your post over to this existing thread: Yamaha: Access Error Message when playing music

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently looking into it.

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with them.

Thanks for all your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

s97geckle
Underground

Was thrilled to discover Pandora operating normally yesterday evening! 1-12-21

Thanks for the help!

xxTroupexx
Local Performer

anything you did to fix the issue?

0 Kudos

PeterGr
Local Performer

Since late fall, we haven't been able to use Pandora on our MusicCast app, though other music plays.  Error messages (access error; unable to access Pandora). On other "recents" on the MusicCast app, when I hit a song from Pandora it says;  "we've encountered a connection error.:"  Please help.  Peter G

0 Kudos

Caedojr
Local Performer

I had the same issue for several months and it started working in January and now it stoped again. Other streaming services work well but not pandora. This is really frustrating. 

0 Kudos

Truenorth
Local Performer

After years of flawless Pandora listening on my Yamaha R-N602, I have been getting the same access error that others are experiencing. This has been going on for several months now, maybe close to year. The music stops playing after a number of songs and I need to reboot the receiver within the MusicCast app in order to get music to start playing again on Pandora. I think it my be related to the advertisements that periodically play since I use the free service. Very frustrating that this continues to happen! I figured by now Pandora and Yamaha would have figured out the problem and resolved with an update of some kind. Please fix this problem. It’s still out there.

0 Kudos

Tazwine
Local Performer

Experiencing the same Access Error issue on my Yamaha receiver as stated by others above. Is anything being done about it or should I move on to some other music streaming service?

0 Kudos

Apublow237
Local Performer

Hi, I’m getting an “access error” when I try to stream pandora through my rx-v673 receiver.  I’m on the latest firmware, and I’m connected to the network via Ethernet cable.  How can I fix this?

andrew

0 Kudos