cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
366 Replies

Danirobo612
Underground
Yes, all of the above. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Danirobo612! I removed the connection between your Yamaha and Pandora account. This should automatically log you out when it takes affect. This might not happen immediately, so please be patient.

After you've been logged out, use the following steps to reactivate your Yamaha.

• Launch the Pandora application.
  • Select New User.
  • An activation page will appear with a code - leave this code up on the device screen as you continue.

From the web, visit www.pandora.com/yamaha and enter the activation code there.

Or, from a mobile device, open the Pandora app and go to Settings, then tap Device Activation and enter the code.

If you're still having trouble, some users have mentioned that a device reset has helped them.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Saigowda22
Local Performer

Access error on my Yamaha RX-A830..

pl help

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saigowda22 I've gone ahead and removed your Yamaha connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Please be patience as this may not happen immediately.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

0 Kudos

Lumpydawg
Underground

Hello,

I have a Yamaha RX-V677, MAC/Vtuner ID 00A0DEB81B8B. When I attempt to connect to Pandora, I get the "Access error" like others you've replied to.

It appears that removing the association between the device/receiver and Pandora fixes the issue - can you please do that for me, as well?

Thanks,
Mike

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Lumpydawg! Welcome to community.

Happy to help with this. I've gone ahead and removed your Yamaha connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect you'll automatically be logged out.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. Some users have mentioned that cycling their modem/router and Yamaha has helped as well.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Lumpydawg
Underground
Thanks very much for your help!

Regards
Mike (aka Lumpydawg)

Sent from my iPhone

M1362
Local Performer

Hi. Getting same “Unable to access Pandora. Please help. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @M1362. 👋

Sorry for the trouble.

I removed the Yamaha connection associated with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Can you run through the set-up and see if you're still having the same trouble?

Additionally, other listeners have mentioned that rebooting their network connection has helped with this issue.

• Shut down your Yamaha completely;
  • Unplug your modem and router, wait 10 minutes, and then plug them back in;
  • Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  • Turn your Yamaha back on and try Pandora again.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

tonyhunsberger
Local Performer

Hello my Yamaha musicast app is also not working, I get an Access Error that reads unable to access Pandora. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tonyhunsberger!

Let's start by removing your Yamaha connection from your Pandora account from my end. This will log you out. This may not happen immediately, so please be patient.

After you log back in, try Pandora again. Let me know if you still have trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ca_spin
Underground

Hi TannerPandora:

I am experiencing access error on my Yamaha Receiver again.

Would appreciated some assistance.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ca_spin Let's start by removing your Yamaha connection from your Pandora account from my end. This will log you out. This may not happen immediately, so please be patient.

After you log back in, try Pandora again. Let me know if you still have trouble.

0 Kudos

ca_spin
Underground
Thanks for the reset. Unfortunately, I am still getting an "access error." Interestingly, I can play Pandora on my Yamaha receiver through Airplay, just not directly through the Pandora app on my Yamaha receiver.  
0 Kudos

candydoc
Underground

Hi @TannerPandora 

I've lost connection now to Pandora on both my Yamaha devices.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ca_spin! Can you power cycle your Yamaha to see if that helps. I'd suggest unplugging, wait 5 minutes and then plug it back in.

If you continue to have trouble, I'd try a factory reset of your Yamaha model.

Hi @candydoc! I've disconnected your Yamaha's from your Pandora account. Once you're logged out, try again. If you're still having trouble, please try a factory reset of your model as well.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ohmekev
Local Performer

All of a sudden unable to connect to Pandora through MusicCast.

"Access error- Unable to access to Pandora"

Signed out of all devices here; still no luck.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ohmekev I moved your post over to this existing thread: Yamaha - Error message: "Access Error"

I don't actually see any previous association with a Yamaha device on the Pandora account connected to your Community profile.

Can you please send me a picture of the error you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Darksideusr
Local Performer

When I try to listen to Pandora on my Yamaha receiver, I keep getting access error message

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Darksideusr! Welcome to community!

I've moved your message over to an existing thread: Yamaha - Error message: "Access Error"

Listeners have mentioned that removing the Yamaha connection from your Pandora account on our end has helped resolve the error message for them.

I've gone ahead and removed this connection from your account. When this takes affect you'll automatically be signed out of your Yamaha. Log back into Pandora on your Yamaha and try once again.

If you continue to have trouble, I recommend power cycling your Yamaha and then try once more.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos