cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
366 Replies

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it, @Danirobo612! Happy New Year! 🎉

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

KittyKatU
Local Performer

I just started having the issue with my Yamaha CX-A5100.  It says "Access Error".

Is there anyway to remove the Pandora device associations ourselves?  It seems like a lot of people are having this issue.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @KittyKatU! Thanks for posting to community.

It's not possible to remove devices on your end at this time. There is a feature request for this option that can be found here. Feel free to vote on this idea by clicking on the heart. 

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed your Yamaha receiver connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect (might not be instantaneous) you'll automatically be logged out. 

If you continue to have trouble, other listeners have mentioned that rebooting their network connection has helped. 

1. Shut down your Yamaha completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait 10 minutes, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your Yamaha back on and try Pandora again.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Mikebavaro
Local Performer

For years I enjoyed Pandora on my Yamaha receiver. Yesterday, I received an "access error" notification when I tried to choose a playlist. How do I log into Pandora on my receiver or update my settings? How does my receiver know my Pandora account?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Mikebavaro

If this happened while you were listening to Pandora on your Yamaha, then you would have had to sign into your Pandora account on your Yamaha receiver at some point. Though, taking a closer look at the Pandora account associated with your community profile, I only see an iPhone and Android TV attached. The iPhone being added recently, before that the Android TV was from 2017.

Is it possible you have another Pandora account under a different email address?

In the meantime, some users have found success by rebooting their modem and router.  

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dcarbone
Local Performer

@TannerPandora: Could you please remove my Yamaha receiver from my account so I can try to sign in again?  I, like so many others, have run into the persistent "Access error" problem.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dcarbone! No problem!

I've gone ahead and remove your Yamaha receiver from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. This may not happen immediately, so please be patient. 

If you continue to have trouble, I recommend power cycling your modem/router. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

randino40
Local Performer

Can you remove my Yamaha receiver from my account also. I have been getting a "please wait" message for a while now. Have done the unplug router and r

eciever but that did nothing. Have also reset password. Thanks

0 Kudos

danielgyee
Local Performer

Please .. HELP!! My Yamaha receiver cant connect.. im fine on my phone.. tv.. but my receiver is not working

0 Kudos

Manatee
Local Performer

I am having same issue. What is the fix?

TannerPandora

Hi @randino40 @danielgyee and @Manatee! Thanks for posting to the community. 

I've gone ahead and removed the device connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out of Pandora. This may not happen immediately, so please be patience. 

Once you're logged out, sign back into Pandora and try again.

If you're still having trouble, I recommend power cycling your modem/router. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

randino40
Local Performer

Thanks tannerpandora, mine is now working.

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it, @randino40! Let us know if you have trouble again in the future.

Happy Wednesday! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ca_spin
Underground

Hello TannerPandora:  Once again, I am getting an "Access error, Unable to access Pandora on my Yamaha Receiver."  Can you help me out with this?  Much appreciated! 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @ca_spin! Sorry to hear it. 😥

All taken care of. I've removed the Yamaha connection with your Pandora account. You should automatically be logged out soon. 

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ca_spin
Underground

Its all good now.  Thank you!

TannerPandora

Awesome! Happy to hear that. @ca_spin 

TannerPandora_0-1643935454238.gif

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mcmario
Local Performer

Hello,  Could you please remove my Yamaha Receiver RX-A3020 Pandora association?   My issue with Access error just started recently.  Thank you:)

Mariusz Cygan
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mcmario! Welcome to community. Sorry to hear this is happening. 

I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Once logged out, connect to Pandora and try again.

If you're still having trouble, I recommend power cycling your modem/router. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RawFlyer
Local Performer

Can you please log me out of my Yamaha RX-A2000 receiver? Can't get this to 'see' the network anymore. thanks

0 Kudos