cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
368 Replies

Bella2020
Local Performer

Hi,

I’m having the same issue as I tried logging in to my Yamaha and got an “access error”.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Bella2020. 👋

Looks like the device was already removed from your account. I do see that you were able to reactivate Pandora on your Yamaha device recently. This could indicate that you were in touch with a member of our team via email or live chat.

Let us know if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

candydoc
Underground

Good morning @Adam 

I have rebooted the modem and Yamaha multiple times and continue to receive the access error. I see that this problem appears widespread in the community.  Is there a compatibility issue with Yamaha and Pandora, or are your engineers able to solve the issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos

hammelswest
Local Performer

I am having an "access error" on my receiver Yamaha music cast device. The other speakers connected to my system are working with no issue. It is just the receiver.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @candydoc! Sorry to hear this is still happening. We've reported your experience to our engineering team for further investigation.

In some cases, a device reset as helped past users. For specific steps on how to reset your device I recommend checking the user manual for your specific device.

Hi@hammelswest - Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this is happening. Users have reported that removing the device connection from their Pandora account has helped. I'm happy to do this for you from my end. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged. Let me know if you continue to have trouble after logging back in.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

candydoc
Underground

Good morning @Tanner1 I reset both devices again, and it is now working.

Thank you

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it, @candydoc! 🙌 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ogie
Local Performer

I am having this same problem with my Yamaha musiccast system on my iPhone ?

Help!

0 Kudos

audiophile82
Local Performer

I know this is an old post but I began getting the same issue recently after changing ISP on my Yamaha RX-V575.  I can see my receiver on the network and it did the update fine but if I go to use Pandora it gives me an "access error" on the screen and I can't access switching, adding, or removing a new Pandora account from the menu.  I tried changing my password but it remains locked out.  Please help!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @audiophile82. 👋

Sorry for the trouble.

I removed the Yamaha connection associated with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Can you run through the set-up and see if you're still having the same trouble?

Additionally, other listeners have mentioned that rebooting their network connection has helped with this issue.

• Shut down your Yamaha completely;
  • Unplug your modem and router, wait 10 minutes, and then plug them back in;
  • Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  • Turn your Yamaha back on and try Pandora again.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Danirobo612
Underground
Hey, do u have info on how to reset the pandora pw on the yamaha as i can't get pandora on it. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
0 Kudos

devintrier
Local Performer

Hi @Adam 

I'm still having issues with the Yamaha receiver. We've reset the receiver, logged out and back in on Pandora within the receiver app. Again, it appears to be finding our account on the receiver but logging in through my phone continually shows an "Access Error" message at the bottom.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Danirobo612

Are you receiving an error message when connecting to your Yamaha? In-home device like Yamaha are associated with your Pandora account by using a code that needs to be entered on a separate device for activation.

If you need to reset the connection with your Pandora account, I can do that from my end. Let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @devintrier - Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble.

We’ve unfortunately exhausted all of our known solutions. I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your experience to our engineering team for further investigation.

I would recommend contacting Yamaha Support for additional assistance.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Danirobo612
Underground
Possibly, but at this point my phone isn't finding my yamaha device. If I just use it on my TV I do get access errorSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
0 Kudos

audiophile82
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa,

So I got around to trying to log in today and tried all of your steps to no avail.  As a weird side-note, if I enter my password incorrectly it auto-prompts me to re-enter my password but if I enter it correctly it gives me the Access Error message immediately.  Don't know if this helps

Thanks,

Bryan 

0 Kudos

BOsborne
Local Performer

Request to have account removed from yamaha Music Cast. I signed out after getting processing login error.  Now I am unable to reconnect to pandora.  I recieve unable to register error.

Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Danirobo612 Can you share a screenshot or picture of what that looks? How is your Yamaha set up in your home? Are you connected to a TV and speaker system?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @audiophile82! Sorry to hear about the continued trouble. Some users have found that a reset of their receiver has helped. It may help in this instance if you haven't tried it already.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @BOsborne! Thanks for posting.

I moved your message over to a similar thread: Yamaha - Error message: "Access Error"

I've gone ahead and removed your Yamaha connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Please be patience as this may not happen immediately.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos