cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
366 Replies

grumpyrob
Local Performer

Getting the same Access Error like everyone else shortly after activating T-Mobile ad-free weekend.  Device is a Yamaha RX-A780.  It tells me to login through MusicCast then I get the "Access error Unable to register your system" on the app.  Appreciate any help.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @grumpyrob! Thanks for posting. 

I took a look at your account and I see a new Yamaha device association. Are you still having trouble?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

grumpyrob
Local Performer

I am no longer having trouble.  Looks like the issue was fixed and I was able to login Pandora on MusicCast yesterday.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @grumpyrob! 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

papaballwi
Local Performer

Like everyone else in this thread, I am getting "Access error" on my Yamaha RX-V677 A/V receiver. This started happening recently, like others here. Can we try removing the device association, please?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @papaballwi

No problem! I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha device connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. 

Let me know if you're still having trouble after going through the set-up again.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MPoelke
Local Performer

Good afternoon @TannerPandora  i am having a similar issue (access error) with my Yamaha rx-a760 as others in this string.  Are you able to assist?

0 Kudos

papaballwi
Local Performer

Hi @TannerPandora - I tried connecting through my primary Yamaha device but I still get the error. I don't know if I waited long enough. I'll try restarting the device tonight. On the other hand, I have two Yamaha devices in my home. Did you see multiple connected within my account and can we try removing both of them?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @papaballwi!  You would have been automatically logged out and would have needed to go through the set-up again. 

I checked the Pandora account associated with your community profile and I'm not seeing any Yamaha device attached. 

Some other listeners have mentioned having success with power cycling their modem and router too. I suggest give that a try, be sure to unplug your Yamahas first and then power cycle. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

TannerPandora

Hi @MPoelke!

Many listeners have had success after their Yamaha association has been removed from their Pandora account. I can take care of this for you since you won't be able to do this on your end.

When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Go through the set-up again and let me know if you're still having trouble. It may be worth power cycling your modem / router as well since this seems to have helped others as well. 

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MPoelke
Local Performer

Thanks very much. Weird that it’s not associated with my Pandora account. It’s been on it for a few years.
Problem still persists after cycling the modem and router as well as manually setting to IP, router and subnet mask.
The Yamaha says new firmware is available, begins to update, then says update not found. I’m reaching out to Yamaha now.
Thank you again.

Mark

[Personal Info]

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up, @MPoelke. Let me know if they are able to help out or what kind of support steps they suggest.

In the meantime, I've passed your experience and info on to our engineering team as well for a closer look.

Thanks for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sfawley
Local Performer

Hi, I am having this same issue with my Yamaha RX-V683BL. Could you please remove the receiver association from my account? Thanks!

Scott

0 Kudos

MPoelke
Local Performer
Thanks Tanner.
I don’t know if the receiver was actually disassociated from my account. Does it take longer than 12 hours?
Many thanks
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @sfawley! Happy Friday! 

I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha device association with your account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. 

At your convenience, you'll need to go through the set-up once again. If continue to have trouble, I would also recommend power cycling your modem / router to see if that will help. 

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MPoelke - I just checked your account again, thinking I might have missed another device, but I don't see a Yamaha attached to this Pandora account. It should have logged you out by now. 

Is it possible that you have another Pandora account under a different email? I'll follow up with you in a private message on community. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DavidCLT
Local Performer

Hey @TannerPandora would you be so kind as to remove the Yamaha device(s) from my account please? I know I'll be logged out, etc.

Thank you

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @DavidCLT! Consider it done. 

I've removed all the Yamaha device associations with your Pandora account. This will automatically log you out so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Can you please remove the device associations on my account as well? I've been having the access errors on my Yamaha as well. 

Thanks!

[Email]

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Listener001! Happy Friday!

I've removed your Yamaha devices from your Pandora account. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos