cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/27/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
534 Replies

Good Tuesday afternoon, for GSOTD for today I have selected four songs for today's post and playlist. Enjoy the music. 

Folk Rock/Indie Rock: First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes.  First Day Of My Life  "First Day of My Life" is a single from the album I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning by American band Bright Eyes, released on February 7, 2005. The song reached number 37 on the UK Singles Chart.

Electro: I Love You So by The Walters.  I Love You So    This song describes a man’s internal struggle regarding a relationship with a lover. He describes this struggle with his significant other through the song and eventually finds himself wanting to be without her, despite his strong love for her. 

Electro: Dreamin' Slow by Mac DeMarco.  Dreamin' Slow    McBriare Samuel Lanyon "Mac" DeMarco (born Vernor Winfield McBriare Smith IV; April 30, 1990) is a Canadian singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and producer. DeMarco has released six full-length studio albums, his debut Rock and Roll Night Club (2012), 2 (2012), Salad Days (2014), Another One (2015), This Old Dog (2017), and Here Comes the Cowboy (2019). His style of music has been described as "blue wave" and "slacker rock", or, by DeMarco himself, "**ahem** jazz".

Electro: Night Swim by Frankie Rose.  Night Swim   Great reviews came from all outlets, including the much-respected "Best New Music" tag from Pitchfork. Frankie and her band toured extensively in the US, UK, and Europe, and were impressed greatly with their ability to bring amazing new songs and intricate arrangements to life in a live setting. As we roll into the autumn, Frankie is taking to the road in the US again for a series of shows in select cities, including stops at the MidPoint and Pygmalion festivals. Frankie will also be releasing a new single for album highlight "Night Swim" that includes two quite interesting album demos, revealing an even starker emotional weight at the heart of these lovely tunes. 

Until sometime tomorrow, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Nightcore_Anime
Opening Act

My choice is (Last resort (reloaded) clean version) by Papa Roach

@ Rouge Panda

For GSOTD for this Wednesday, I will be adding four songs, one song will be added that was requested by @Nightcore_Anime  Last Resort (Reloaded) by Papa Roach. I will add the last three songs. Enjoy the music. 

Nu-metal//Rap-metal: Last Resort (Reloaded) (clean) by Papa Roach & Jeris Johnson.  Last Resort (Reloaded) (clean)    "'Last Resort' is one of those kinds of timeless-type tracks, and we wanted to get people that we felt would stand that test of time," said he. "Last Resort (Reloaded)" is a collaboration with musician and TikTok star Jeris Johnson. The song was released on the 27th of January 2021.

R&B: Hurt by Arlo Parks. Hurt  London-based poet and artist Arlo Parks understands the pain of the pandemic, sharing the new single "Hurt" to commiserate with listeners. The soulful jam provides a hypnotic groove to showcase Parks' warm vocals and reassuring lyrics.

Dance-pop: Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran. Bad Habits   "Bad Habits" is a song by English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, released on 25 June 2021 through Asylum Records as the lead single off his upcoming fifth studio album. The song marks his first solo release off an album in over four years. A limited-edition CD single was also released, only featuring the track.

EDM: EveryTime I cry by Ava Max. EveryTime I Cry    "Everytime I Cry" (stylized as "EveryTime I Cry") is a song by American singer-songwriter Ava Max. It was released as a single on June 8, 2021,1 through Atlantic Records.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday afternoon, for GSOTD for today I have selected four songs for todays' post and playlist. One song I have selected comes from a post by @Nightcore_Anime, the post is called "What Is Your Favorite Song By Adam Calhoun". As many of you may know I'm not a rap fan, but I do like Home Of The Brave, so that is one of the four songs that will be added for today. Enjoy the music. 

Hip-hop//Rap: Home Of The Brave by Adam Calhoun. Home Of The Brave  Adam Calhoun is an American country and hip-hop singer. He is active as a social media personality and has released a number of albums.

Electropop: Electric by Katy Perry. Electric  "Electric" is a song by American singer Katy Perry released on May 14, 2021, through Capitol Records, as the second single of the Pokémon 25 soundtrack album. It is an electropop ballad written by Perry, Jon Bellion, Lucas Marx, Oliver Peterhof, Rachel Kanner, Bruce Wiegner, and Jordan Johnson, and Stefan Johnson of The Monsters & Strangerz, with production being handled by the latter three alongside German. The track's release was accompanied by a music video directed by Carlos Lopez Estrada. The younger version of Perry is played by Meili Aspen Caputo.

Soft Rock Ballad: If You Leave Me Now by Chicago. If You Leave Me Now  "If You Leave Me Now" is a song by the American rock group Chicago, from their album Chicago X. It was written and sung by bass player Peter Cetera and released as a single on July 31, 1976. It is also the title of a Chicago compilation album released by Columbia Records in 1983. The single topped the Billboard Hot 100 on October 23, 1976, and stayed there for two weeks, making it the first number one hit for the group as well as hitting number one on the Easy Listening charts. "If You Leave Me Now" was also Chicago's biggest hit internationally, topping the charts in other countries like the U.K. Canada, The Netherlands, and Australia.

Psychedelic rock//Space rock//Blues rock: Fly Like An Eagle by The Steve Miller Band.  Fly Like An Eagle (Remastered 2017)    "Fly Like an Eagle" is a song written by Steve Miller for the album of the same name. It went to number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart during the week of March 12, 1977, kept from the top spot by "Evergreen" by Barbra Streisand. The single edit can be found on Greatest Hits. The song has an unusually mellow and "dreamy" feel. It is usually played in tandem with "Space Intro", but the song also segues into "Wild Mountain Honey".

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday morning, four songs will be added to the GSOTD post and playlist all four songs are coming from @deadlyecho and the Summer Challenge playlist #16. Thank you @deadlyecho for your selections. Enjoy the music.

Country Rock: All Summer Long by Kid Rock. All Summer Long   "All Summer Long" was Kid Rock's fourth song to chart on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming his third top-40 hit on the Hot 100 and the biggest hit of his career. It reached number 23 on the Hot 100 based solely on airplay since Kid Rock had not made his catalog available for legal digital download at the time. It also became a pop crossover hit, reaching the top 10 on the Mainstream Top 40 chart. "All Summer Long" has also reached the top 10 on Billboard's Adult Top 40.

Reggae: Sunshine by Matisyahu. Sunshine  Matthew Paul Miller, known by his Hebrew and stage name Matisyahu, is an American Jewish reggae singer, rapper, beatboxer, and alternative rock musician.

Everwood Soundtrack: Summer Breeze by Jason Marz. Summer Breeze  Everwood (known as Our New Life in Everwood in the United Kingdom ) is an American drama television series created by Greg Berlanti. Berlanti, Mickey Liddell, Rina Mimoun, Andrew A. Ackerman, and Michael Green served as executive producers. The series aired on The WB from September 16, 2002, to June 5, 2006, with a total of 89 episodes spanning four seasons. It was co-produced by Berlanti-Liddell Productions, in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Trip hop//Reggae//Electro: Doin' Time by Lana Del Rey.  Doin' Time (clean)   “Doin’ Time” by Lana Del Rey. The lyrics of Lana Del Rey’s “Doin’ Time” deals with two distinctly different topics. As far as the chorus is concerned, it centers on the wherewithal of the singer and her bandmates to make the party jump, particularly within the confines of “the L.B.C.” (Long Beach, California).

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning, I have selected four songs for GSOTD for today, enjoy the music. Have a great Wednesday.

Alternative Rock: Two Princes by Spin Doctors.  Two Princes  "Two Princes" is a song by the American rock group Spin Doctors. Released as a single in 1993, "Two Princes" peaked at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100. Outside of the United States, "Two Princes" topped the charts in Iceland and Sweden, and peaked within the top ten of the charts in Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, the Republic of Ireland, and the United Kingdom.

R&B: End Of The Road by Boyz II Men. End Of The Road  "End of the Road" is a song by the American R&B group Boyz II Men for the Boomerang soundtrack. It was released in 1992 and was written by Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, Antonio L.A. Reid, and Daryl Simmons. "End of the Road" achieved overwhelming domestic and international success. Also, it is considered one of the most successful songs of all time. In the United States, "End of the Road" spent a then record-breaking 13 weeks at number one on the US Billboard Hot 100. 

R&B//Hip hop: It's Tricky by Run D.M.C  It's Tricky   "It's Tricky" is the fourth single released from Run-DMC's third album, Raising Hell. It was released early in 1987 through Profile Records and was co-produced by Rick Rubin and the group themselves. The song peaked at No. 57 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 21 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. In the UK, the song made No. 16 on the UK Singles Chart upon its original release and No. 74 upon being remixed by Jason Nevins in 1998, while Nevins' remix of their song "It's Like That" spent its fifth week at No. 1. Nevins' remix, Tricky", achieved top 40 peaks elsewhere in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.

Pop: Mile End by Pulp.  Mile End   Pulp was an English rock band formed in Sheffield in 1978. The best-known line-up from their heyday (1992–1997) consisted of Jarvis Cocker (vocals, guitar, keyboards), Russell Senior (guitar, violin), Candida Doyle (keyboards), Nick Banks (drums, percussion), Steve Mackey (bass) and Mark Webber (guitar, keyboards). Throughout the 1980s the band struggled to find success but gained prominence in the UK in the mid-1990s with the release of the albums His 'n' Hers in 1994 and particularly Different Class in 1995, which reached the number one spot in the UK Albums Chart. The album spawned four top ten singles, including "Common People" and "Sorted for E's & Wizz", both of which reached number two in the UK Singles Chart. Pulp's musical style during this period consisted of disco-influenced pop-rock coupled with references to British culture in their lyrics in the form of a "kitchen sink drama"-style.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning, I will be adding four songs to today's post and playlist. Enjoy the music and have a great Thursday. 

Pop//Soul//Doo-wop//R&B: Please Mr. Postman by The Marvelettes.  Please Mr. Postman  "Please Mr. Postman" is a song written by Georgia Dobbins, William Garrett, Freddie Gorman, Brian Holland, and Robert Bateman. It is the debut single by the Marvelettes for the Tamla label, notable as the first Motown song to reach the number-one position on the Billboard Hot 100 pop singles chart.

Soul//Pop: I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) by The Four Tops.  I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)  "I Can't Help Myself" is a 1965 hit song recorded by the Four Tops for the Motown label. Written and produced by Motown's main production team Holland–Dozier–Holland, "I Can't Help Myself" is one of the most well-known Motown recordings of the 1960s and among the decade's biggest hits. The single topped Billboard's R&B chart for nine weeks and also peaked at number one on the Hot 100 for two non-consecutive weeks, from June 12 to June 19 and from June 26 to July 3 in 1965.

Disco: A Fifth Of Beethoven by Walter Murphy.  A Fifth Of Beethoven  "A Fifth of Beethoven" started at number 80 on the Billboard Hot 100 and eventually reached number 1 within 19 weeks, where it stayed for one week. The single sold two million copies, while the album sold about 750,000 copies. The second single, a rendition of Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov's "Flight of the Bumblebee", titled "Flight '76", reached number 44 on the Hot 100.

Pop: Love Is Alive by Gary Wright. Love Is Alive   " Love Is Alive " is a 1976 song by Gary Wright that was a hit single in the US, reaching No. 2 in the Billboard charts. Taken from the album The Dream Weaver, released the previous year, it features Wright on vocals and keyboards with Andy Newmark on drums. Love Is Alive was also Billboard # 9 song of 1976, it stayed on the Billboard top 100 for 22 straight weeks, longer than Dream Weaver which was also a hit song by Gary Wright. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Nightcore_Anime
Opening Act

Markiplier Rap by JT music, Rap and Pop genre. And the song is clean.

@ Rouge Panda

@Nightcore_Anime I will add this on tomorrow's post and playlist, thank you for your selection. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday afternoon, for GSOTD for today I will be adding four songs, all four songs are coming by way of request. The first song comes from @Nightcore_Anime  the song of choice is The Markiplier Rap by JT Music. The next three songs have been requested by @bp4437  and all three songs are coming from three different playlists that were submitted by @bp4437Enjoy the music.

Hip-hop//Rap: The Markiplier Rap by JT Music The Markiplier Rap   This song is about the famous YouTuber Mark Edward Fishbach or Markiplier. He has been on YouTube for ten years and he is one of the most famous gamers of all time.

New Age: The Dragon's Breath by David Arkenstone. The Dragon's Breath   Arkenstone and his ex-wife, Diane, created their own record label called Neo Pacifica. In addition to releasing their own music on the label, they have included other bands such as Earth Trybe, Enaid, and the Marquis Ensemble.

Scottish Music//New Age: Dragon Riders by Derek & Brandon Fiechter.  Dragon Riders  Epic Scottish music is about a courageous group of seven dragon riders who protect the Highlands from bandits and barbarians.

Indie Rock//Life Is Strange Soundtrack: To All of You by Syd Matters. To All of You  To All of You is an official single by Syd Matters from their album, Someday We Will Foresee Obstacles. It was featured at the beginning of Life Is Strange first episode of Chrysalis

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday evening, I will be adding five songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. One song has been requested by @SpherialDream the title of that song is My Jesus by Anne Wilson. Thank you @SpherialDream for your request. Enjoy the music. 

Christian Contemporary: My Jesus by Annie Wilson. My Jesus  Kentucky-bred singer and songwriter, Anne Wilson trusted her Jesus to find strength after a sudden family tragedy. In 2017, Wilson lost her brother, Jacob to a horrific car accident. After hearing the news from her father, the artist got a sign from God to be the family anchor.

Pop//Movie Soundtrack Phenomenon: Have A Little Faith In Me by Jewel. Have A Little Faith In Me   "Have a Little Faith in Me" is a song written and performed by John Hiatt that appears on his 1987 album Bring the Family. His version of the song has also appeared on the soundtracks of the movies Look Who’s Talking Now (1993), Benny & Joon (1993), Phenomenon (1996),

Pop: Everybody Plays The Fool by Aaron Neville. Everybody Plays The Fool    Aaron Neville (born January 24, 1941, New Orleans, Louisiana) is an American soul and R&B singer and musician. He made his debut in 1966 with the hit single Tell It Like It Is, a Number One hit on the Billboard R&B charts. From 1977 he performed as part of The Neville Brothers. 

R&B//Soul: Bird On A Wire by The Neville Brothers. Bird On A Wire  The Neville Brothers was an American R&B/soul/funk group, formed in 1977 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The group formally disbanded in 2012 but reunited in 2015 for a farewell concert in New Orleans.

Country: To All The Girls I've Loved Before by Julio Iglesias & Willie Nelson. To All The Girls I've Loved Before   "To All the Girls I've Loved Before" is a song written by Hal David and Albert Hammond. It was originally recorded by Hammond in 1975 on his album 99 Miles From L.A. but is more famous for a 1984 recording by Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson, which appeared on Iglesias's album 1100 Bel Air Place. A breakthrough for Iglesias in the English language market, the song peaked at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #1 on the Canadian RPM Top Singles. "To All the Girls I've Loved Before" went to number one on the country chart, and was one of two entries on the country chart for Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson as a duo.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday afternoon, I will be adding four songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. These four songs share the same tempo. @AlyssaPandora has also added her three songs on the post-New Music. I will be adding two of them to the GSOTD (clean) playlist. Thank you @AlyssaPandora for your selections. To see her choices go to the New Music Post

Singer-Songwriter: You And I by Ingrid Michaelson. You And I   “You and I” features on Ingrid Michaelson’s 2008 compilation album Be OK. It’s one of Michaelson’s most popular outputs, trailing only “ Girls Chase Boys ”.

Pop//Singer-Songwriter: The Show by Lenka. The Show  "The Show" is the first single by the Australian singer/songwriter Lenka, produced by Stuart Brawley. It was released on 6 September 2008. The song is on her first album, Lenka, released in October 2008.

Pop//Singer-Songwriter: I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. I'm Yours"I'm Yours" is a song by American singer-songwriter Jason Mraz, released in 2008 as the first single from his third studio album We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things... The song was originally released on a limited edition EP called Extra Credit as a demo in 2005 to promote his second studio album Mr. A–Z. Throughout 2008, "I'm Yours" slowly increased in airplay and digital sales and would go on to become Mraz's biggest hit to date, charting higher than his previous pop hit, 2003's "The Remedy ". It became his first top ten single in the US, peaking at number six on the Billboard Hot 100 and number five on the Pop 100. On the Billboard Hot Adult Top 40 Tracks chart the song was number one for a total of nine weeks.

Adult Contemporary: Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble'.  Haven't Met You Yet.   "Haven't Met You Yet" is the first single from Canadian singer Michael Bublé's sixth album, Crazy Love, released on August 31, 2009. According to Bublé, the single and its official music video are "about everyone's dream of finding a relationship and love." Bublé co-wrote "Haven't Met You Yet" with Alan Chang and Amy Foster-Gillies, and dedicated it to his then-fiancée and now wife, Luisana Lopilato

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning, I have five songs that I have selected for today's GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music and have a great Thursday. 

Pop Rock: Uncharted by Sara Bareilles. Uncharted  Jim Farber of New York Daily News wrote that: "Uncharted matches jaunty piano figures to a spritz of strings." Megan Vick wrote for Billboard that: "With "Uncharted," Bareilles puts a syncopated two-step beat to a heartbreak anthem as she belts out about being unable to deal with a failed relationship." The song was released on January 13th, 2011. 

Electro-pop: Sweet Dream by Alessia Cara. Sweet Dream   ‘Sweet Dream’ represents the hardship and helplessness surrounding my last couple of years. It’s about insomnia and the hoops my brain jumps through at night while I’m supposed to be asleep. Never fun!”

Electronic/Dance/House/Electro-pop: Don't Wait Up by Shakira. Don't Wait Up  Shakira initially announced that a single accompanied with a video would be released in July 2021, in the cover story of the July edition of Vogue MexicoThe singer first teased the single on 12 July, on her social media by changing her profile pictures to a summery color palette, the change resulted in the hashtag "Shakira is coming" to trend worldwide on Twitter. Upon the announcement along with the hashtag Shakira's name immediately started trending on Twitter's worldwide trends. On 13 July, the artist shared a 30-second video of what could potentially be the name and part of the lyrics of her future track. Later the same day Shakira revealed the cover artwork and its title.

R&B/Soul: Take It Home by Alina Baraz. Take It Home  Alina Baraz, a 27-year-old Los Angeles-based singer and songwriter, is the ‘’next leading star of the emerging class of leftwing pop singers.’’ Alina invites listeners on an explorative journey that challenges their perspective and frees the mind of all boundaries. Alina eventually caught the attention of electronic musician Galimatias, who she connected with via SoundCloud after writing and recording her own lyrics over one of his previously-released instrumentals, which would ultimately become their first collaboration, entitled "Drift". Alina and Galimatias soon began working on additional songs together, releasing the single Make you Feel plus an EP, which includes Drift and Pretty Thoughts. They recently followed up that project with the new single titled Fantasy, which will appear on the EP Urban Flora this spring, a comprehensive trove of their collaborations to date.

R&B: You're The One by Leela James. You're The One   (July 16, 2021) There's no question that singer supreme Leela James has a voice for the ages. And the age she decides to go for on her newest single, "You're The One," in the 90s. Another preview to her upcoming album Complicated, "You're the One" is unapologetically old school, with James' instantly recognizable husky lead floating in call-and-response mode with her background singers over a decidedly retro-cool groove, courtesy of producer Reno Reagan (Carl Thomas, BJ The Chicago Kid). Each advanced single we hear gets us more excited for Leela's full BMG-released album, due in two weeks. In the meantime, check out "You're The One," and bask in an artist who is always worth hearing. Written by Chris Rizik. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday afternoon, five songs will be added to the GSOTD post and playlist, and all five songs are coming from Friday Feels Playlist created by@ErickPandora. Thank you @ErickPandorafor your selections from your playlist. 

Pop: No Tears Left To Cry by Ariana Grande. No Tears Left To Cry  Grande intended for "No Tears Left to Cry" to bridge a change in sound from her previous album Dangerous Woman by being more obscure and unexpected, inspired by her work with Williams, and thus suggested its verses and chorus be in different keys.

Pop/Synth-rock/Power-pop: It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) by The 1975.  It's Not Living (If It's Not With You)    "It's Not Living" is a song by English band The 1975 from their third studio album, A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships. The song was written by band members George Daniel, Matthew Healy, Adam Hann, and Ross MacDonald, while Daniel and Healy handled the production. It was released on 18 October 2018 by Dirty Hit and Polydor Records as the fifth and final single from the album.

Indie pop: San Franciso by Fickle Friends. San Francisco  · ‘San Francisco’ is the third Fickle Friends single after the release of their first studio album, ‘You are Someone Else’. Released on November 9, 2018, it’s also the third release on their newly founded label Palmeria Records. 

Electro: Burning by Maggie Rogers. Burning   “Burning” is the eleventh track off of Maggie Rogers' debut album Heard It In A Past Life. It’s a song about being in love. At her concert at Alexandra Palace, the UK on June 16, 2018, she said: I’m super, super, super in love, and I want everybody to know that’s what this song is about.

Pop: Closer (feat. Halsey) by The Chainsmokers. Closer  In the United States, "Closer" became both The Chainsmokers' and Halsey's first number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100. The song stayed at the top spot for 12 consecutive weeks.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Sunday afternoon, I will be adding three songs for today's GSOTD post and playlist. Two of the three are Opera. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and I hope you also enjoy the music.

Christian & Gospel: Everything by Lauren Daigle. Everything  Lauren is telling us is that when we worry, God is always there to comfort us. In every bad, or good situation. God will also provide for our every need, and that all He wants from us is to trust Him and have faith in Him. 

Opera/Classical: Mozart Le Nozze di Figaro K. 492/Act 2 - "Voi che sapete" by Frederica von Stade, Weiner Philharmoniker & Herbert von Karajan. Mozart: Le Nozze di Figaro K. 492/Act 2 - "Voi che sapete"    Figaro premiered at the Burgtheater in Vienna on 1 May 1786, with a cast listed in the " Roles " section below. Mozart himself directed the first two performances, conducting seated at the keyboard, the custom of the day.

Opera/Classical: Rossini: II barbiere di Siviglia / Act 1 - "Largo al factotum" by Leo Nucci, Orchestra del Teatro Comunale di Bologna & Giuseppe Patane'.  Rossini: II Barbiere Di Siviglia / Act 1 - " Largo al factotum"    The Barber of Seville was commissioned by the impresario of the Teatro Argentina at the end of 1815 when Rossini was nearly 24 years of age. In deference to Giovanni Paisiello, a popular Italian composer who in 1782 had himself based an opera on the Beaumarchais play, Rossini called his own work Almaviva.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday morning and afternoon. I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. All three songs are coming from @jmyers81 and from his playlist that he had shared here in the community. The name of that playlist is called Delton July '21 by jaymyers 1981. Thank you @jmyers81 for sharing your music. 

Country: Heart On fire by Eric Church. Heart On Fire  "'Heart On Fire' was the first song we recorded when we got to North Carolina. I already had pretty much, I wrote this song by myself, but I already had this song on the rails and we were heading down the path of what this was going to be," said Church. "I thought we needed to kind of break the ice and get started on something, you know, we were doing something that was tough to do – writing the song the same day we were recording it. This was the song that was kind of the icebreaker for the whole project, and I credit this song a lot for getting us to where we ended up getting to with the project."

Country: 7 Summers by Morgan Wallen. 7 Summers   "7 Summers" is a song by American country music singer Morgan Wallen. He first performed a portion of the track on his Instagram, whereafter it was released on August 14, 2020, following its popularity on TikTok.

Country: Drive (For Daddy Gene) by Alan Jackson.  Drive (For Daddy Gene)   "Drive (For Daddy Gene)" is a song written and recorded by American country singer Alan Jackson. It was released in January 2002 as the second single from his album, Drive. It reached number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks in May 2002 and also peaked at number 28 on the Billboard Hot 100.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday evening, for GSOTD for this Thursday I will be adding five songs from the Family Road Trip playlist that was created by@Pandora. Thank you@Pandorafor the playlist. Enjoy the music. 

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: Everything Is Better by Kieran & Heather Shudall. Everything Is Better    Everything Is BetterKieran Shudall Heather Shudall | Length: 02:44 Composer: Tom Howe. This track is on the following album: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Rock and roll: Twist And Shout (Remastered 2009) by The Beatles. Twist And Shout (Remastered 2009)   The song “Twist and Shout" was not written by the Beatles. The songwriters are Bert Russell Berns and Phil Medley. The Beatles’ 1963 version resembles the Isley Brothers' record from 1962.

Pop//Motown//R&B: Ain't Too Proud To Beg by The Temptations.  Ain't Too Proud To Beg    "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" is a 1966 song and hit single by The Temptations for Motown Records' Gordy label, produced by Norman Whitfield and written by Whitfield and Edward Holland Jr. The song peaked at number 13 on the Billboard Pop Chart and was a number-one hit on the Billboard R&B charts for eight non-consecutive weeks. The song's success, in the wake of the relative underperformance of the previous Temptations single,

Soul//R&B: Superstition by Stevie Wonder. Superstition   "Superstition" is a song by American singer-songwriter Stevie Wonder. It was released on October 24, 1972, as the lead single from his fifteenth studio album, Talking Book, by Tamla. The lyrics describe popular superstitions and their negative effects.

Pop: Down Under by Men At Work. Down Under   "Down Under" is a song recorded by the Australian rock band Men at Work. It was originally released in 1980 as the B-side to their first local single titled "Keypunch Operator", released before the band signed with Columbia Records. Both early songs were written by the group's co-founders, Colin Hay and Ron Strykert. The early version of "Down Under" has a slightly different tempo and arrangement from the later Columbia release. The most well-known version was then released on Columbia in 1981 as the third single from their debut album Business as Usual.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday morning, I will be adding four songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. One of the songs is by Laura Reed "Better Days (Single)". According to the number of monthly listeners, she only has 173, after hearing this song I was quite shocked she only had 173 listeners, I really liked this song, it is my hope that many of you will as well. at least give it a fair chance. Have a great Friday, enjoy the music. 

Indie//Alternative Rock//Pop: Better Days (Single)    Laura Reed Drops Inspirational Anthem “Better Days” South African-born, Nashville and NC-based singer-songwriter Laura Reed brings the fire on her rousing new track “Better Days. The song is about pushing forward during hard times and not becoming disheartened by life’s many setbacks because things will eventually get better.

R&B//Soul: Give It To Me Right (Album Version) by Melanie Fiona. Give It To Me Right (Album Version)    "Give It to Me Right" is a song by Canadian R&B singer Melanie Fiona from her debut album, The Bridge. Written and produced by Andrea Martin and Rod Argent.

Soul//R&B: 1+1 by Beyonce'.  1+1   "1+1" is a song recorded by American recording artist Beyoncé for her fourth studio album, 4. It was released by Columbia Records in the United States on May 25, 2011, as a promotional single. Serving as the opening track on 4, it was written and produced by The-Dream, Tricky Stewart, and Beyoncé. "1+1" was originally titled "Nothing But Love" and The-Dream had initially planned to include it on his second studio album, Love vs. Money.

Progressive Rock// Rock: Lady by Styx.  Lady    "Lady" is a 1973 song written and performed by the rock band Styx. It was first released on Styx II and was a local hit in the band's native Chicago, but initially failed to chart nationally. The song gained success shortly after Styx left Wooden Nickel Records to move to A&M Records in 1974 as it began picking up airplay nationwide, eventually peaking at #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 in March 1975. "Lady" was written by Dennis DeYoung for his wife, Suzanne Feusi, the first song he ever wrote for her. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Saturday evening, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music. 

Alternative Rock: Good Thing Gone by Elle King. Good Thing Gone  On the soul-rock ballad “Good Thing Gone,” American singer Elle King feels the pain in goodbye. The song draws from vintage southern soul, and serves as the first promo single from King’s second album "Shake The Spirit".  

Blues//Singer-songwriter: Bombshelter by Laura Reed. Bombshelter   Laura Reed relocated from Johannesburg to North Carolina while she was still just a child, but her family carried their culture and traditions (as well as their love of writing) with them wherever they went. At nine years old, Reed saw her first poem published in print, and at fourteen, she picked up her first guitar. “I actually taught myself how to play on my own,” Reed explains. “At that age, I was always getting into trouble and being grounded, so I’d spend hours every day in my room just learning chords and deconstructing songs.” Open mics and cover sets led to original recordings and homemade CDs, and before she’d even finished high school, it was clear what Reed was meant to do with the rest of her life. She took her singular blend of rock, blues, and funk on the road with her band, Deep Pocket, performing more than 200 pulse-pounding shows a year and making her own breaks along the way. 

Indie Rock: Never Let Me Go by Florence + The Machine. Never Let Me Go  "Never Let Me Go" is a song by English indie rock band Florence and the Machine from their second studio album, Ceremonials. The song was written by Florence Welch and Paul Epworth while the production was handled by Epworth. Island Records released the song as the third single from the album on 30 March 2012. The band first premiered the song during one of their concerts before the release of the album on 15 October 2011. A Clams Casino remix of the song was placed on the 12" white vinyl single which was available for pre-order on 22 March 2012.

Until sometime on Monday, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday morning, I will be adding four songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Have a great Monday. Enjoy the music.

Alternative//Blues-Rock: Twisted Highway by Erika Wennerstrom. Twisted Highway   Twisted Highway by Erika Wennerstrom, released 23 March 2018 Limited edition pressing of Sweet Unknown on double white vinyl with a gatefold jacket.

Psychedlic//Funk: Always Be Around by Daryl Hance. Always Be Around  Singer/guitarist Daryl Hance is an artist whose music is steeped and rooted in the spirit of the great blues, funk, and pre- 1975 or so rock and roll music, fortified with super-fat vintage tones, heaps of bottom-end, and songs high on life.

Blues: I've Always Been Lonely by B.B. King.  I've Always Been Lonely  Riley B. King (September 16, 1925 – May 14, 2015), known professionally as B.B. King, was an American blues singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer. He introduced a sophisticated style of soloing based on fluid string bending, shimmering vibrato, and staccato picking that influenced many later blues electric guitar players. AllMusic recognized King as "the single most important electric guitarist of the last half of the 20th century". King was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987, and is one of the most influential blues musicians of all time, earning the nickname "The King of the Blues", and is considered one of the "Three Kings of the Blues Guitar" (along with Albert King and Freddie King, none of whom are blood-related). King performed tirelessly throughout his musical career, appearing on average at more than 200 concerts per year into his 70s. In 1956 alone, he appeared at 342 shows. King was born on a cotton plantation in Itta Bena, Mississippi, and later worked at a cotton gin in Indianola, Mississippi. He was attracted to music and the guitar in church and began his career in juke joints and local radio. He later lived in Memphis, Tennessee, and Chicago, and as his fame grew, toured the world extensively. King died at the age of 89 in Las Vegas, Nevada, on May 14, 2015.

Chicago Blues: Drown In My Own Tears by Lacy Gibson. Drown In My Own Tears    Lacy Gibson (May 1, 1936 – April 11, 2011) was an American Chicago blues guitarist, singer, and songwriter. He notably recorded the songs "My Love Is Real" and "Switchy Titchy" and in a long and varied career working with Buddy Guy and Son Seals. One commentator noted that Gibson "developed a large and varied repertoire after long stays with numerous bands, many recording sessions, and performances in Chicago nightclubs". 

MOHLovesAlaska