cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/27/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
534 Replies

Good Saturday evening, I will be adding four songs to the GSOTD post and playlist, the first two songs are coming from a playlist that was submitted here in the Community by @kristinhanggitx and her playlist is called Another City Playlist. Thank you @kristinhanggitx for your playlist. 

Psychedelic/Electronic Rock: Is It True by Tame Impala. Is It True Tame Impala is a psychedelic Hypno-groove melodic rock band from Perth, Australia. The music is intended for moving one’s body, and it’s intended for keeping still and observing other forms of movement. It’s bombastic but it’s swirling, think of the shoulder bones of a giant striding feline creature through some kind of tunnel.

Indie/Indie-pop: Hide by Washed Out. Hide  Ernest Weatherly Greene Jr., known professionally as Washed Out, is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer.

Indie Rock: Love Like Ghosts by Lord Huron.  Love Like Ghosts    Lord Huron is an American indie rock band based in Los Angeles. The band was founded by guitarist and lead singer Ben Schneider and is composed of Mark Barry (drums, percussion), Miguel Briseño (bass, keyboard, theremin), and Tom Renaud (guitar).

Singer-Songwriter: Inner Demons by Julia Brennan.  Inner Demons   Specializing in dramatic pop piano ballads, Minneapolis singer/songwriter Julia Brennan earned a deal with Columbia in 2016. Just 18 years old at the time, Brennan had self-released a handful of songs earlier that summer, one of which, the emotional "Inner Demons," became a regional hit on her local pop radio station. After signing her major-label deal, Columbia released her debut EP, Inner Demons, in late 2016.

Hopefully, I will be at it again on Monday, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Suge
Diamond in the Rough

Wow love like ghosts very awesome 

Gina Suge V.

Suge
Diamond in the Rough

Love it as well

Gina Suge V.

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska Hey I have a question about the GSOTD playlist. When you add songs to the playlist will those additions be on my GSOTD playlist I collected? I think it will but I wasn't sure. I'm actually listening again to the playlist now.

@UncleBud this playlist was created by me so every time a song is added or deleted it will be noticed by all who have collected that playlist, and of course the same goes for all who have shared a playlist here in the community. The only way you can keep the songs even after I delete them is if you add them to your own personal collection, Playlist. Sometimes you will also notice songs become unavailable even after they are on the playlist, this just recently happened with my favorite music artist Jewel, her complete album "Pieces Of You" all except for one song just went unavailable, so I took them off the GSOTD playlist due to the fact they can no longer be played. When songs show up as unavailable is because of music rights between the artist and Pandora. I hope this helps with any of your questions. Take care and stay safe. 

Correction: The album that came unavailable by Jewel is called "Perfectly Clear" not Pieces Of You. Only one song remains available from her album Perfectly Clear, and that song is "Stronger Woman". 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday afternoon, I will be adding four songs to the GSOTD post and playlist, have a great Monday. 

Pop Ballad: Turning Tables by Adele. Turning Tables   "Turning Tables" received acclaim from music critics, who praised Adele's vocals and its production. The song reached the top-twenty of the singles charts in four countries, including Belgium, Italy, and the Netherlands.

Orchestral Pop: Too Good At Goodbyes by Sam Smith. Too Good At Goodbyes  "Too Good at Goodbyes" is a song by English singer Sam Smith. It was written by James Napier, Tor Hermansen, Mikkel Eriksen, and Smith, and produced by Napes, Steve Fitzmaurice, and StarGate. It was released on 8 September 2017 through Capitol Records, as the lead single from their second studio album, The Thrill of It All. The song reached number one in the UK and number four on the Billboard Hot 100.

Adult contemporary: When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars. When I Was Your Man  While working on the album, Bruno Mars said: "I'm never singing another ballad again," but that came from the gut – it's the most honest, real thing I've ever sung," he says. "When there are no safe bets, that's when I feel my blood move."

Movie Soundtrack: Glory (From The Motion Picture Selma) by Common & John Legend.  Glory (From The Motion Picture Selma)  John Legend and Common received their first Oscar and Golden Globe nods for “Glory,” the song that collaboration director Ava DuVernay chose as the inspirational coda to Selma, her film about Dr. Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement. “’ Glory’ is about humanity,” explains rapper Common. “We wanted people to feel inspired to go out and help create change for a better world [and] pay homage to those who fought for our freedom and equality.”

Hopefully, until sometime tomorrow, take care and stay safe

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska  I like "When I Was Your Man" by Bruno Mars. I have a suggestion for the GSOTD. It's Ed Sheeran's "Perfect Symphony". It is basically his collaboration with Andrea Bocelli. If you haven't heard it it's a different rendition of "Perfect".

@UncleBud I will make a note of your request for tomorrow's post and playlist. I will also make mention of you for the request, just as I do for all requestees. Have a great night, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday afternoon, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. The first song comes by request from @UncleBud and he requested "Perfect Symphony (With Andrea Bocelli)" by Ed Sheeran. The last two songs I will be adding I have taken from the Monday Mood: Feel Good R&B playlist posted by @Pandora. Thank you @UncleBud and @Pandora. Have a great Tuesday.

Classical Crossover: Perfect Symphony (With Andrea Bocelli) by Ed Sheeran. Perfect Symphony (With Andrea Bocelli)   This song is a version of Ed Sheeran's song "Perfect" from his album "÷". It is a duet with Andrea Bocelli. The song is a ballad written about Cherry Seaborn, Ed Sheeran's girlfriend, whom he knew from school. The inspiration for these lyrics came to Ed Sheeran after his visit to James Blunt's house in Ibiza.

Contemporary R&B: Beautiful by Mali Music. Beautiful   Kortney Jamaal Pollard, who performs under the stage name Mali Music, is an American recording artist, singer-songwriter, and producer. His two independently released albums, The Coming and The 2econd Coming earned him much critical and underground acclaim. In 2011, he was the first inspirational artist to be a part of BET's acclaimed "Music Matters" series. Signed to RCA Records in 2013, Mali released the single "Beautiful" in anticipation of his first major album release Mali Is..., which was released on June 17, 2014, and earned a Grammy nomination for Best Urban Contemporary Album.

R&B//Soul: Anything For You (The Duet) by Ledisi & PJ Morton. Anything For You (The Duet)   As the two sing their parts, harmonize and trade ad-libs, the sweet ballad turns into almost a competition between lovers to see who can love the other more, with Ledisi boasting, “You will never know how far my love will go.” Now, this is a beautiful duet.

Hopefully, until sometime tomorrow, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska "Perfect Symphony" is really beautiful. When Ed Sheeran and Andrea Bocelli begin singing together and Sheeran sings harmony...it gives me chills. Thanks for adding it to the playlist.

@UncleBud the song is a great piece, I listened to it earlier this afternoon. Any more requests just reply here in this post, be sure to tag me so I know, or you can just simply drop a private message if you prefer. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. The first two songs I will be adding are from @ShannonPandora's playlist challenge #11 selections and from @AlyssaPandora's playlist challenge #11 selections. Enjoy the music, have a great Wednesday.

Synth-pop// Electropop: Do What You Want (Feat. Christina Aguilera) (Clean) by Lady Gaga. Do What You Want (feat. Christina Aguilera) (Clean)  Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta was born on March 28, 1986, at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan, New York City, to an upper-middle-class Catholic family. Both of her parents have Italian ancestry, and she also has more distant French-Canadian roots. Her parents are Cynthia Louise (née Bissett), a philanthropist and business executive, and Internet entrepreneur Joseph Germanotta, and she has a younger sister named Natali. 

R&B//Soul: Fruit by Abra.  Fruit   Born in Queens, New York into a family of missionaries, Abra spent her first eight years in London, where her parents built the church they would ultimately work in. Her introduction to singing came from that church, too, where her father was the pastor and her mother oversaw praise and worship. After London, her family settled in the quiet suburb of Lilburn outside Atlanta. At 14, Abra began playing guitar. She attended Parkview High school and was an active member of the drama department, graduating in 2007.

Rock: You Don't Bring Me Flowers (With Neil Diamond) by Barbara Streisand. You Don't Bring Me Flowers (With Neil Diamond)   You Don't Bring Me Flowers is Neil Diamond's twelfth studio album. It was released in 1978 to capitalize on the success of the title song of the same name, a duet with Barbra Streisand, which had originally appeared as a solo recording on Diamond's previous album, I'm Glad You're Here with Me Tonight.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday afternoon, I will be adding three songs for the GSOTD post and playlist. All three songs are from the same artist, this artist has only three monthly listeners, yes! You did read that right, just three monthly listeners. I have listened to all of their top songs and I must say they do sound really good. The first song is a Christian Hymn, the song has been recorded by many big-name music artists, you will be able to read more about it once I add the information with the songs of choice. Enjoy the music, and have a great Friday. Oh! And I almost forgot to mention the music artist, their name is The Maries.

American Folk//Christian Hymn: Wayfaring Stranger by The Maries. Wayfaring Stranger    "Wayfaring Stranger" is a Christian hymn that arose from an African American spiritual song of the 19th century. Its scripture references include Psalm 39, Psalm 119, 2 Corinthians 3, and Hebrews 11-13. The lyrics of this hymn illustrate the life of a Christian longing for their home of God. Although the exact origins of ‘Wayfaring Stranger’ are unknown, many people believe the song finds its roots in American folk and gospel music and is 3339 in the Roud Folk Index. It has been covered by several artists including Burl Ives, Emmylou Harris, and Johnny Cash. 

American Folk//Country Folk: Freedom by The Maries.  Freedom   “The Maries” is an Americana mother/daughter folk group. Mylene Marie, a singer/songwriter/musician first came to Los Angeles in 1999 and recorded her solo debut album “Live at The Mint” in 1999 and it was released in 2003. The album featured original Wrecking Crew member Don Randi, Chet McCracken from The Doobie Brothers, Chris Pinnick from the band Chicago, and Tom Lilly from Mick Fleetwood’s Zoo band.  Mylene moved back to the Portland area and in 2012 began performing with her daughter Emily Marie as “The Maries.” They played locally in the Portland/Vancouver area and performed 2 concert dates with Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul, and Mary in 2012 at The Alberta Rose Theater in Portland Oregon, and in 2014 at a benefit concert for Wisdom of The Elders, a Native American nonprofit. Inspired by Peter Yarrow, Mylene wrote “Africa” which discusses the problems of our world while also offering hope and optimism. The Maries moved to back to Los Angeles in 2015 and released their debut album “Peace” in 2018. This album again featured Don Randi along with John DePatie, Chris Roy, Pete Korpela, Mike Deutsch, Harry Kim, and Bobby Furgo. They are currently receiving radio airplay on college and Public Radio stations across America. 

As a songwriter, Mylene Marie hopes to encourage a little faith, a lot more hope, and a whole lotta love. With her daughter Emily by her side, their harmonies enchant and uplift the spirit.

American Folk: Hope by The Maries. Hope Information in the above post. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday afternoon, and Happy New Years' Eve to all. For GSOTD for this Friday I will be adding three songs, they will be a tribute to three artists that were mentioned in the This Day In The History Of Music post. This is a tribute to Ricky Nelson, Natalie Cole, and Donna Summer. Have a happy and safe New Year. 

Rock and roll: Hello Mary Lou by Ricky Nelson. Hello Mary Lou  "Hello Mary Lou" is a song written by U.S. singer Gene Pitney first recorded by Johnny Duncan in 1960, and later by Ricky Nelson. 

Jazz: Unforgettable by Natalie Cole. Unforgettable   Unforgettable... with Love, also known as simply Unforgettable, is a 1991 album by American singer Natalie Cole. Released on June 11, 1991, the album includes covers of standards previously performed by her father, Nat King Cole. It was also her debut for Elektra Records, after being given her release from EMI Records.

Pop: She Works Hard For The Money by Donna Summer. She Works Hard For The Money  She Works Hard for the Money is the eleventh studio album by Donna Summer, released in 1983. It was her most successful album of the decade, and its title track became one of the biggest hits of her career.

Have a great and safe Happy New Year. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing this, @MOHLovesAlaska. 👍

Hope you have a happy, safe, and healthy new year! 🎉

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

@AlyssaPandora thank you, and may you also have a great Happy safe, and healthy New Year as well dear friend. Thank you for your support as well. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday afternoon, I realize it has been two months since my last post for this post, and for that, I do apologize, especially to @ErickPandora he is not only the manager here on Pandora, but he also created my banner for this post. Thank you @ErickPandora, my friend. I would also like to give some recognition to @AlyssaPandora, as well as @kayden_S@AlyssaPandora has a post that she does here in the community once in a while called "New Music" and @kayden_S also has a post called SOTD (Songs Of The Day). So be sure to check out both of these posts, I assure you, you will not be disappointed. Without further ado here are the choice songs for GSOTD (clean only) for today. Enjoy the music.

Folk Rock: Judy Blue Eyes by Cosby, Stills, Nash & Young.  Judy Blue Eyes  Judy Blue Eyes" is a song written by Stephen Stills and performed by Crosby, Stills & Nash (CSN). It appeared on the group's self-titled debut album in 1969 and was released as a single, reaching #21 on the Billboard Hot 100 pop singles chart. In Canada, "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" peaked at number 11.

Classic Country//A Cappella: Folsom Prison Blues by Home Free. Folsom Prison Blues" Folsom Prison Blues" is a song by American singer-songwriter Johnny Cash after he heard the song Crescent City Blues written by Gordon Jenkins and sung by Beverly Mahr, and released on his Seven Dreams album in 1953. It was written in 1953 and first recorded in 1955 for his debut studio album Johnny Cash with His Hot and Blue Guitar!, appearing as the album's eleventh track. Johnny Cash performed this song live at Folsom Prison in 1968. Due to its popularity, “Folsom Prison Blues” has been covered by hundreds of artists from various genres. But Home Free’s rendition of the song is unlike any you’ve heard before. Since Home Free is a Cappella group, they deliver all of their performances without instruments. Any of the sounds you hear are created by their voices, with beatboxer Adam Rupp leading the charge in making most of the instrumental sounds. The group’s rendition of “Folsom Prison Blues” places the spotlight on baritone harmony singer Adam Chance and bass singer Tim Foust, who split most of the solos. Unlike Cash’s original recording of the song, which is extremely mournful, Home Free’s cover has a bit of a groovy feeling. It’s a new twist on a song country fans have heard many times.

Instrumental Pop music: Feeling Good by Escala. Feeling Good  Escala (formerly known as Scala) is an electronic string quartet, from London, England who rose to fame when they performed on and reached the final of the second series of Britain's Got Talent on ITV1 in May 2008. 

“Feeling Good” was originally written by English songwriter Leslie Bricusse, and the music was created by Anthony Newley for the musical The Roar of the Greasepaint – The Smell of the Crowd. 2. In August 1964, British singer and actor Cy Grant initially performed “Feeling Good” on the musical’s opening night at the Theatre Royal in Nottingham, England.

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday afternoon. I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music.

Alternative Rock: She's So High by Tal Bachman.  She's So High   “She’s So High”. A delicious one-hit-wonder from Canadian artist Tal Bachman, surely no-one expected the heights this track would scale. Released in 1999, it was a massive chart hit, reaching number 14 on the US Billboard 100 and the top 10 in 3 countries. It also netted a Juno Award for best producer.

A Cappella//Country//Bluegrass//Folk: Man Of Constant Sorrow (cover) by Home Free. Man Of Constant Sorrow  " Man of Constant Sorrow " (also known as " I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow ") is a traditional American folk song first published by **ahem** Burnett, a partially blind fiddler from Kentucky. The song was originally titled "Farewell Song" in a songbook by Burnett dated to around 1913. Home Free’sMan Of Constant Sorrow” is nothing but soulful. Filmed at Oak Hollow Farm in Fairhope, Alabama, the quintet dug deep into their southern roots to celebrate the song’s rich history. All of the background sounds that you will hear in Home Free's cover version are all done from voice vocals. You will be amazed at this cover song. Whenever you get some free time you need to treat yourself to some very funny reaction videos from this cover version that is on you-tube, you will be very delighted that you did. 

R&B//Soul: Conversations In The Dark by John Legend. Conversations In The Dark  " Conversations in the Dark " is a song by American singer and songwriter John Legend. It was released as a single on January 10, 2020, by Columbia Records and Sony Music as the lead single from his seventh studio album Bigger Love. A remix of the song with French DJ David Guetta was released on February 14, 2020.

Have a great Tuesday, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska I knowthe 1st 2 songs you listed today. I like both of them. I'll check out the 3rd song as I like John Legend. Thanks for the post.

@UncleBud your welcome, and remember if you would like to make a request feel free to post it here, just tag me so I know. I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but I added a song by Home Free for the 2nd straight day. I just heard about them four days ago, the way I found out about them is kinda funny. I was on YouTube watching reaction videos about music people never heard before. This group happened to be one in a video, and I instantly became a fan. Well, I will see you around the community, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska