cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/27/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
531 Replies

Happy Thursday everyone. For GSOTD for today, I will be adding six songs, five of the six are all by request. @Cathbenson has requested Heaven by Bryan Adams. @-_Eva_-  has requested two songs from a playlist that was posted here in the community. 1) Marry You by Bruno Mars, 2) Grenade by Bruno Mars. @Pandoraalso has two songs from a playlist that was posted here in the community. 1) This Is Me Trying by Taylor Swift, 2) Stuck With You by Huey Lewis And The News. I will add the last song to conclude for today. Enjoy the music selections for today. 

Rock/Ballad: Heaven by Bryan Adams. Heaven The song "Heaven" by Bryan Adams is a straightforward love song about a guy falling in love with a girl. 

Doo-wop/Soul/Pop: Marry You by Bruno Mars.  Marry You   " Marry You " is a song by American singer and songwriter Bruno Mars from his debut studio album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans (2010). Written and produced by The Smeezingtons, it serves as the record's sixth track and was released as a single outside of the United States. "Marry You" is a pop, doo-wop, and soul song. 

Pop ballad: Grenade by Bruno Mars. Grenade  The song is about his declaration of love for his woman and making her feel that no one and nothing is above her and that she will always be the center of his attention.

Indie Folk song: This Is Me Trying by Taylor Swift.  This Is Me Trying   This song is sung by Taylor Swift. It is composed by Taylor Swift and written by Taylor Swift & Jack Antonoff. This song refers to the time when she was hiding in a country house in Nashville, Tennesse, because of the media criticism she was receiving in 2015-2016.

Pop Rock: Stuck With You by Huey Lewis And The News.  Stuck With You  "Stuck with You" is a song by Huey Lewis and the News, written by guitarist Chris Hayes and lead singer Huey Lewis, released in 1986. It was the first single from the band's fourth album, Fore!. The song spent three weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 from September 14 to October 3, 1986. The single was the band's second number-one hit on the Hot 100 chart, following "The Power of Love" in 1985. The song reached number 12 on the UK Singles Chart, making it one of their biggest hits there.

Singer-Songwriter: When The Roses Bloom Again by Billy Bragg & Wilco. When The Roses Bloom Again   During the spring of 1995, Woody Guthrie's daughter Nora contacted English singer-songwriter, Billy Bragg, about writing music for a selection of completed Guthrie lyrics after Bragg played a Guthrie tribute concert in New York City's Central Park. Her father had left behind over a thousand sets of complete lyrics written between 1939 and 1967; as they had not been recorded by Guthrie, and he did not write music, none of these lyrics had any music other than a vague stylistic notation.

Until some time tomorrow, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Happy Friday, here are the five songs I have selected for GSOTD for this Friday. Enjoy the music.

Electronic music: When You Say You Love Me by Josh Groban.  When You Say You Love Me   American singer Josh Groban has released nine studio albums and four live albums, and 30 singles. He has sold 22.5 million albums in the United States.

Alternative/Garage/Blues Rock: I'm So Sorry by Imagine Dragons. I'm So Sorry   "I'm So Sorry" is a song by the American rock band Imagine Dragons. The song serves as the second promotional single and fourth track from the band's second studio album Smoke + Mirrors.

Pop/Pop rock/Folk/Folk rock: Goodbye Alice In Wonderland by Jewel.  Goodbye Alice In Wonderland   After refashioning herself as a dance-pop diva on 2003's 0304, which debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 chart, Jewel returned to safe territory with "Goodbye Alice in Wonderland". Like 0304, the album comes with an explanation/apology from its auteur: "Goodbye Alice in Wonderland is the story of my life and is the most autobiographical album I have made since Pieces of You... By the end of the 13th song, if you have listened closely, you will have heard the story of the sirens song that seduced me, of a path I both followed and led, of bizarre twists and turns that opened my eyes, forcing me to find solutions so that discovering the truth would not lead to a loss of hope."

Pop ballad: Keep Climbing (Single) by Delta Goodrem.  Keep Climbing (Single)  "Keep Climbing" is a song by Australian singer-songwriter Delta Goodrem, co-written by Goodrem with Matthew Copley and Sebastian Kole. It was released to streaming services on 14 May 2020 by Sony Music Australia. The song is a motivational piano-led power ballad about hope and overcoming hardship.

Pop: Oh So Many Years by Billie Joe Armstrong and Norah Jones.  Oh So Many Years   Foreverly is a collaborative album by Green Day singer/guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong and jazz/pop singer-songwriter Norah Jones. It was released on November 25, 2013, through Reprise Records.

MOHLovesAlaska

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday thus far. And if your not, then perhaps some music to cheer you up. Here are my five choices for GSOTD for today. Enjoy the music.

Pop: Sanctuary by Flunk. Sanctuary   Lost Causes by Flunk, released 22 April 2013 1. Queen Of The Underground 2. Sanctuary 3. Love And Halogen 4. Awkward 5. Lost Causes 6. Subway (J aime la pluie d été) 7. Primer 8. Bummed 9. Bus Ride 10. As If You Didn't Already Know.

Rock and roll/Jazz: Peter Gunn, Television Score: Theme, by Henry Mancini.  Peter Gunn, Television Score: Theme   Producer (s) Simon Rady. " Peter Gunn " is the theme music composed by Henry Mancini for the television show of the same name. The song was the opening track on the original soundtrack album, The Music from Peter Gunn, released in 1959. 

Singing: Long Lonely Road by Valerie June. Long Lonely Road  Valerie June (born Valerie June Hockett in 1982) is an American singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist from Memphis, Tennessee. She began recording and performing in 2001.

Pop/Soft/Country Rock/New Wave: Sad Songs (Say So Much) by Elton John.  Sad Songs (Say So Much)   (1984) "Sad Songs (Say So Much)" is a song by Elton John and is the closing track on the 1984 album Breaking Hearts. It reached #7 on the UK chart and #5 on the U.S. chart.

Rock: The Mountain by KT Tunstall.  The Mountain   Wax is the sixth studio album by Scottish singer-songwriter KT Tunstall, and the second album in the "soul, body and mind" trilogy. It was released on 5 October 2018, following up the first album of the trilogy, Kin. The first single from the album is "The River", released on 23 August 2018.

MOHLovesAlaska

Here is my five-song selection for GSOTD for this Sunday. Enjoy the music. 

Rock/Rock and roll: Old Time Rock And Roll by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band.  Old Time Rock And Roll  "Old Time Rock and Roll" is a song written by George Jackson and Thomas E. Jones III, with uncredited lyrics by Bob Seger. It was recorded by Seger for his 1978 album Stranger in Town. It was also released as a single in 1979. It is a sentimentalized look back at the music of the original rock 'n' roll era and has often been referenced as Seger's favorite song. The song gained renewed popularity after being featured in the 1983 film Risky Business.

Irish/Celtic Music: Jiggy Biddy's Slur Horn by Tartanic.  Jiggy Biddy's Slur Horn  Tartanic has been through many line-up changes over the years. Co-founder Richard Kean left the band to pursue other interests (Teribus, Needfire). Stuart Clements went on to work for NASA. Adrian Walter continues to work under the name Tartanic with new pipers & drummers, playing the occasional renaissance festival and highland games events.

Bubblegum Pop: Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.  Sugar, Sugar  It was originally released in 1969 on the Calendar Records label and included 12 songs. The album was produced by Jeff Barry. The male vocals for the Archies group were performed by lead singer Ron Dante and the female vocals were performed by Toni Wine.

Post-Grunge/Glam Metal/Hard Rock: Lips Of An Angel by Hinder.  Lips Of An Angel  “Lips of an Angel” is the lead single from Hinder’s Triple Platinum debut album, Extreme Behavior. It is by far their best-known track. With the resurgence of the rock ballad emerging as this song came out, it was the first-ever rock song to hit Triple Platinum status as a ringtone.

Soundtrack: Song For Bob by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis.  Song For Bob  Song for Bob, written and performed by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis, is the closing track of the movie soundtrack for the 2007 film The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

MOHLovesAlaska

GSOTD for this Monday. Enjoy the music.

Rock: Hollywood Nights by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band.  Hollywood Nights   "Hollywood Nights" is a song written and recorded by American rock artist Bob Seger. It was released in 1978 as the second single from his album, Stranger in Town. The single edit reached No. 12 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Rhythm and blues: I Wish by Stevie Wonder.  I Wish  " I Wish " is a song by American singer Stevie Wonder. It was released in late 1976 as the lead single from his eighteenth album Songs in the Key of Life. Written and produced by Wonder, the song focuses on his childhood from the 1950s into the early 1960s about how he wished he could go back and relive it.

Bubblegum Pop/rock/R&B: ABC by Jackson 5.  ABC   The original handwritten lyrics of the Jackson 5's 1970 hit "ABC" have emerged and are to be sold by a British auction house. They are thought to have been penned by Michael Jackson's older brother Tito for his then-girlfriend Dee Dee and were written in blue ball-point pen.

Pop: When I Think Of You by Janet Jackson.  When I Think Of You   This is the third single from Janet Jackson's third studio album, Control (1986). Written by Jackson, Jimmy Jam, and Terry Lewis, and produced by Jam and Lewis, the song is about a person who finds relief and fun in a lover. It was Jackson's first number 1 hit on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and also peaked at number 10 in the United Kingdom.

Contemporary R&B: I'm So Into You by Aaliyah.  I'm So Into You   “I’m So Into You” is the second single from SWV’s debut album It’s About Time. The song peaked at #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #2 on Billboard’s R&B Singles chart in 1993.

MOHLovesAlaska

The five songs that I have selected for GSOTD for this Tuesday. Enjoy the music.

Movie Soundtrack: Prayer Changes Everything (Saving Sarah Cain) by Mark McKenzie. Prayer Changes Everything (Saving Sarah Cain)    Saving Sarah Cain is a 2007 made-for-television drama film based on Beverly Lewis' 2000 novel The Redemption of Sarah Cain. The film premiered on August 19, 2007, on Lifetime Television. The film is distributed by Believe Pictures and stars Lisa Pepper, Elliott Gould, Tess Harper, Soren Fulton, Danielle Chuchran, Abigail Mason, Tanner Maguire, Bailee Madison, and Jennifer O'Dell. The film was directed by Michael Landon Jr.

Rock and roll/Rhythm and blues/Rockabilly: All Shook Up by Elvis Presley. All Shook Up   All Shook Up is a song recorded by Elvis Presley, published by Elvis Presley Music, and composed by Otis Blackwell. The single topped the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 on April 13, 1957, staying there for eight weeks.

Pop/R&B: Unbroken by Demi Lovato.  Unbroken   American musician John Mayer co-wrote "World of Chances" on Lovato's sophomore album, Here We Go Again. American record producer Timbaland has written three songs for Lovato, "All Night Long", "Lightweight" and "Together" from Lovato's third studio album, Unbroken.

Jazz: Misty by Dianne Reeves.  Misty  Dianne Reeves was born in Detroit, Michigan, into a musical family. Her father sang, her mother played trumpet, her uncle is bassist Charles Burrell, and her cousin is George Duke. Her father died when she was two years old, and she was raised in Denver, Colorado, by her mother, Vada Swanson, and maternal family. In 1971 she started singing and playing the piano. 

Acoustic Pop/Country: Butterfly Fly Away by Miley Cyrus & Billy Ray Cyrus.  Butterfly Fly Away   " Butterfly Fly Away " is an acoustic pop duet performed by American actors and recording artists Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus. The song was first heard in the 2009 film Hannah Montana: The Movie, in which both Cyruses star and was subsequently released on the film's soundtrack.

MOHLovesAlaska

Wishing all a happy and great Wednesday. For GSOTD for today, there are three songs coming from @Pandora, from a playlist called Greener Pastures that was posted here in the community. 1) Smoke A Little Smoke by Eric Church. 2). Ballad Of Jed by MAMA KUSH. 3). Follow Your Arrow by Kacey Musgraves. I will conclude GSOTD by adding my last two selections. And for all you listeners, and post readers, don't be bashful about requesting your own favorites. You can request anything clean here in this post. Or if you have any favorites that are explicit, @Listener001  is the curator for the GSOTD Explicit Only Post. She posts once a week, so that gives you a whole week to gather your favorites. We do this for you, and to get to know those here on Pandora. But it takes two, to communicate. Looking forward to seeing your requests. Enjoy the music. 

Country/Country Blues: Smoke A Little Smoke by Eric Church.  Smoke A Little Smoke   "Smoke a Little Smoke" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Eric Church. It was released in June 2010 as the third and final single from his 2009 album Carolina. It was also the eighth single of Church's career to reach the Top 20 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart after peaking at number 16. Church wrote this song with Jeff Hyde and Driver Williams.

Country: Ballad Of Jed by MAMA KUSH. Ballad Of Jed   Ballad Of Jed by Mama Kush is a song from the album Ballad Of Jed - Single and was released in 2020.

Country: Follow Your Arrow by Kacey Musgraves. Follow Your Arrow   "Follow Your Arrow" is a song recorded by American country music singer and songwriter Kacey Musgraves. The song is featured on her major-label debut album, Same Trailer Different Park. It was released on October 21, 2013, as the album's third single. It was written by Musgraves, Brandy Clark, and Shane McAnally. It was named Song Of The Year at the 2014 CMA Awards. Rolling Stone ranked 'Follow Your Arrow' number 39 on its list of '100 Greatest Country Songs Of All Time. 

Country: That's The Way Love Goes by Merle Haggard.  That's The Way Love Goes  In 1984, Merle Haggard charted with his thirtieth number one country single, 'That's The Way Love Goes,' with which he won the Grammy Award for 'Best Country Vocal Performance - Male.'. This performance was recorded live at Church Street Station in Orlando, Florida.

Alternative Rock/Grunge: Come As You Are by Nirvana.  Come As You Are    "Come as You Are" is a song by American grunge band Nirvana, written by frontman Kurt Cobain. It is the third track and the second single from the band's second studio album Nevermind, released in March 1992. It was the band's second and last American top 40 hits, reaching number 32 on the Billboard Hot 100, and second UK top 10 hits, reaching number nine on the UK Singles Chart.

Be sure to check out tomorrow's GSOTD post and selections, I am calling it a throwback Thursday. Some great classic hits will be posted. Until some time tomorrow, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Listener001
Not applicable

aaaa my recommendation is like a minute late lol but there's another day also i can get in more recommendations. Thank you for this week's selections @MOHLovesAlaska  I CANT WAIT FOR THROWBACK THURSDAY imma have to find a song for throwback thursday  i wonder how far back i can go with a selection. Come as you are by nirvana is absolutely golden.

Today for GSOTD, I'm calling it Throwback Thursday. I have selected some real old hits from way back. Songs your Parents, or Grandparents use to listen to. I also have one request from @Listener001, her song of choice is "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton. I will conclude with the last five that are classic oldies. Enjoy today's selections. 

Pop/Orchestral Rock: A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton.  A Thousand Miles   "A Thousand Miles" is the debut single written and recorded by American pop singer Vanessa Carlton. Produced by Curtis Schweitzer and Ron Fair, the song was released as the lead single for Carlton's album Be Not Nobody. Her signature song became Carlton's breakthrough hit and one of the most popular songs of the year. To date, it remains Carlton's biggest hit in the United States. 

Doo-Wop: Save The Last Dance For Me by Ben E King & The Drifters.  Save The Last Dance For Me    For The Drifters, "Save The Last Dance For Me" further elevated The Drifters to star quality and they were in high demand around the U.S. "Save The Last Dance For Me" would be the last song Ben E. King would record as one of The Drifters. He would go solo under Atlantic Records' ATCO Records with his solo premiere, "Spanish Harlem".

Pop: It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.  It's Now Or Never" It's Now or Never " is a song recorded by Elvis Presley and released as a single in 1960. The song is the best-selling single by Presley (20 million copies), and one of the best-selling singles of all time. It was recorded by Bill Porter at RCA Studio B in Nashville.

Motown: Do You Love Me by The Contours.  Do You Love Me    “Do You Love Me” is a 1962 hit single recorded by The Contours for Motown’s Gordy Records label? Written and produced by Motown CEO Berry Gordy, Jr., “Do You Love Me?” was the Contours' only Top 40 single on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States.

Rhythm & Blues/Rock & roll/Gospel: Little Bitty Pretty One by Thurston Harris.  Little Biddy Pretty One   " Little Bitty Pretty One " is a 1957 rock and roll song written and originally recorded by Bobby Day. The same year, the song was popularized by Thurston Harris.

Rock & Roll: Rockin Robin by Bobby Day.  Rockin Robin   "Rockin' Robin" (originally released as "Rock-In Robin" on the Class Records 45 single) is a song written by Leon René under the pseudonym Jimmie Thomas and recorded by Bobby Day in 1958. It was Day's biggest hit single. 

Until sometime tomorrow, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Happy Friday to all, there are three songs by request for GSOTD for this Friday. The first song Love Sick by Potsu, requested by @Listener001. And @Linda22Marie  has requested one Jazz song and one oldie. 1) Just One Of Those Things by Harry Connick Jr. 2) Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye. I will conclude by adding the last two songs. Enjoy the music. 

Hip-Hop/Rap/Instrumental: Lovesick by Potsu. Lovesick by potsu, released 15 March 2017 On the hypnotic “Through Our Time,” drifting trombone melodies wind their way through layers of plush, ambient keys.

Jazz: Just One Of Those Things by Harry Connick Jr.  Just One Of Those Things  Joseph Harry Fowler Connick Jr. (born September 11, 1967) is an American singer, pianist, composer, actor, and television host. He has sold over 28 million albums worldwide. Connick is ranked among the top 60 best-selling male artists in the United States by the Recording Industry Association of America, with 16 million in certified sales. He has had seven top 20 US albums, and ten number-one US jazz albums, earning more number-one albums than any other artist in US jazz chart history. 

Soul/Funk: I Heard Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.  I Heard It Through The Grapevine  “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” was originally a song written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong for Motown Records in 1966, and made famous by Marvin Gaye in a single released in October 1968 on Motown’s Tamla label.

Singer-Songwriter: Burning Bridges by Chris Pureka.  Burning Bridges   Chris Pureka is an American acoustic singer-songwriter.

Pop/R&B: Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira.  Beautiful Liar   "Beautiful Liar" is a song recorded by American singer Beyoncé and Colombian singer Shakira. It was written by Beyoncé, Amanda Ghost, Ian Dench, and Stargate members Mikkel S. Eriksen and Tor Erik Hermansen, and produced by Stargate and Beyoncé for the deluxe edition of Beyoncé's second solo studio album, B'Day. The mixing of the song was done by Gustavo Celis. "Beautiful Liar" was released on February 12, 2007, through Columbia Records and Music World Entertainment as the only single from the deluxe edition of the album. A Spanish and English mixed version of the song was produced and titled "Bello Embustero".

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for this Saturday, I have chosen three songs from the Book Note playlist posted by @Pandora. 1) Warrior (from A Wrinkle in Time) by Chloe x Halle. 2) Breaths by Sweet Honey In The Rocks. 3) Four Women by Nina Simone. I will conclude by adding my last two selections. Enjoy the music.

R&B/Soul: Warrior (from A Wrinkle In Time) by Chloe x Halle.  Warrior (from A Wrinkle In Time)     Chloe x Halle is an R&B duo composed of sisters Chloe and Halle Bailey. At a young age, the sisters performed in minor acting roles before moving from Mableton, Georgia, to Los Angeles in 2012. The two began posting music covers to YouTube and were acknowledged by Beyoncé, who became their mentor and later signed them to her label, Parkwood Entertainment. They subsequently released the EP Sugar Symphony and the mixtape The Two of Us.

Gospel: Breaths by Sweet Honey In The Rock. Breaths   With five-part harmonies and sign language interpretation, Sweet Honey’s sound ranges from African to blues to gospel and jazz. Throughout their sterling career, the ensemble has used their art form and their voices to defend civil rights, social justice, equality, and freedom for all.

Jazz/Soul: Four Women by Nina Simone.  Four Women  "Four Women" is a song written by jazz singer, composer, pianist, and arranger Nina Simone, released on the 1966 album Wild Is the Wind. It tells the story of four different African American women.

Rock: Spaceman by 4 Non-Blondes.  Spaceman  "Spaceman" is a song by American alternative rock band 4 Non-Blondes. It is the sixth track on their only studio album, Bigger, Better, Faster, More!, and was released as the album's second single in September 1993. While the album's lead single, "What's Up?", became a worldwide hit, "Spaceman" reached the top 20 only in Austria, Iceland, and Switzerland and missed the US Billboard Hot 100.

Hard/Glam Rock: Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.  Sweet Child O' Mine   "Sweet Child o' Mine" is a song by the American rock band Guns N' Roses. It appeared on their debut album Appetite for Destruction. The song was released in June 1988 as the album's third single, and topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart, becoming the band's only number 1 US single. Re-released in 1989, it reached number 6 on the UK Singles Chart.

MOHLovesAlaska

These are the five songs that I have selected for GSOTD for this Sunday. Enjoy the music.

Rock/Post-Punk: Pride (In The Name Of Love) by U2  Pride (In The Name Of Love)   The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame selected "Pride (In the Name of Love)" as one of 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll. Music television network VH1 ranked the song number 38 on the "100 Greatest Songs of the 80s" countdown in its series The Greatest. In 2004, Mojo placed the song at number 63 on its list of the "100 Epic Rock Tracks".

Folk/Folk Rock: When The Ship Comes In by Bob Dylan.  When The Ship Comes In   "When The Ship Comes In". Oh, the time will come up. When the winds will stop. And the breeze will cease to be breathin'. Like the stillness in the wind. 'Fore the hurricane begins. The hour when the ship comes in. And the seas will split.

Classic Jazz: The Nearness Of You by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong.  The Nearness Of You  Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - The Nearness of You. It's not the pale moon that excites me That thrills and delights me, oh no It's just the nearness of you It isn't your sweet conversation.

Instrumental/Chillhop/Jazz: Now What? by Gab Alow.  Now What?     Now What? Gab Alow From the Album Chill Study Beats (Instrumental, Chillhop & Jazz Hip Hop Lofi Music to Focus for Work, Study or Just Enjoy Real Mellow Vibes!) 

Pop/Soundtrack: My Mother Told Me (feat. Jose Rosario Jr.) by VoicePlay My Mother Told Me (feat. Jose Rosario Jr.)   "My Mother Told Me" is most notably from the video game Assassin's Creed, and less notably from the 4th season of the tv production 'Vikings. It appears to be an actual Norse chant. 

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for this Monday, @VMISURACA  has requested music from The Buffalonians from their newest Album Gimmie Da Funk. So I have picked three songs from their album, 1) Paradise. 2) Love Is The Answer. 3) Call On Me. I will conclude by adding my last two selections. Enjoy the music. 

Blues Rock/Indie Rock/Buffalo: Paradise by The Buffalonians.  Paradise The Buffalonians is a project featuring the best of Buffalo, NY musicians, as well as, solo performances by Valentine.

Blues Rock/Indie/Buffalo: Love Is The Answer by The Buffalonians. Love Is The Answer love is the answer by the Buffalonians, released 02 June 2020.

Indie/Buffalo: Call On Me by The Buffalonians. Call On Me call on me by the Buffalonians, released 02 June 2020 call on me ©valentine misuraca / acarusim music. 

Pop/Folk: Kentucky by Billie Joe + Norah Jones. Kentucky  Billie Joe Armstrong & Norah Jones. Produced by Norah Jones & Billie Joe Armstrong. Album Foreverly.

Rock and roll: An Innocent Man by Billy Joel.  An Innocent Man.   Billy Joel's An Innocent Man received a nomination for the 26th Grammy Award for Album of the Year, although the award went to Michael Jackson's Thriller. The album was also nominated for a Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for "Uptown Girl," but again was beaten by Thriller.

MOHLovesAlaska

I'm truly sorry for the late post. Without further delay here are my five choices for GSOTD for this Tuesday. I hope you enjoy the music.

Soft Rock: Forever Young by Rod Stewart.  Forever Young is the second single released by Rod Stewart from his Out of Order album in 1988. The song was a Top 20 hit on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at #12, and #7 on the Canadian RPM Magazine charts. The structure of the lyrics in this song is very similar to a Bob Dylan song of the same title.

Pop/Singer-Songwriter: Cleveland by Jewel.  Cleveland  This Way is the fourth studio album by American singer-songwriter Jewel. It was released on November 13, 2001, through Atlantic Records.

Reggae: Moonlight Avenue by Ti.po.ta, Manu Chao & Klelia Renesi. Moonlight Avenue Moonlight avenue is written by klelia renesi and manu chao produced by manu chao/radio bemba mixed by toti arimany and manu chao.

Pop/Electronic: Hello My Love by Westlife.  Hello My Love  "Hello My Love" is a song by the Irish pop vocal band Westlife. It was released on 10 January 2019 the lead single from Westlife's eleventh studio album and is their first single to be released under Universal Music Group and Virgin EMI Records. Easy

Listening/Acoustic Rock: Long & Lazy River by Nellie McKay.  Long & Lazy River  Nell Marie McKay is an Anglo-American singer and songwriter. She made her Broadway debut in The Threepenny Opera.

P.S I do apologize for the missing links to each song, there was a problem trying to post them. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Another late post, I do apologize once again. Well here are my five selections for GSOTD for this Wednesday. Enjoy the music. 

Pop: Just Call by Delta Goodrem.  Just Call   Wings of the Wild is the fifth studio album by Australian singer-songwriter Delta Goodrem. It was released on 1 July 2016, through Sony Music Australia. A follow-up to her last studio album, Child of the Universe, it was her first studio album in four years.

Soundtrack: Jimmy Was by Daniel Lanois.  Jimmy Was  Jimmy Was by Daniel Lanois. From the Album Sling Blade January 1, 1996. The movie starred Billy Bob Thorton. Daniel Lanois also had another hit song for the movie, The Maker. 

Opera: II Barbere Di Siviglia (The Barber Of Seville), Opera: II Largo Al Factotum by Leo Nucci -   Orchestra del Teatro Comunale di Bologna, Conductor: Giuseppe Patanè. https://pandora.app.link/pYYxpNh2Pfb   The Barber of Seville, or The Useless Precaution is an opera buffa in two acts by Gioachino Rossini with an Italian libretto by Cesare Sterbini. The libretto was based on Pierre Beaumarchais's French comedy Le Barbier de Séville. The première of Rossini's opera took place on 20 February 1816 at the Teatro Argentina, Rome, with designs by Angelo Tosell.

Opera: Habanera by Associated Performer: Tatiana TroyanosMezzo- Soprano: Tatiana Troyanos
Choir: The John Alldis ChoirOrchestra: London Philharmonic Orchestra.  Habanera
  · Frederica "Flicka" von Stade Gorman (born June 1, 1945) is a semi-retired American opera singer. Since her Metropolitan Opera debut in 1970, she has performed in operas, musicals, concerts, and recitals in venues throughout the world, including La Scala, the Paris Opera. 

Pop Rock: Cleveland by Jewel.  Cleveland   This Way is the fourth studio album by American singer-songwriter Jewel. It was released on November 13, 2001, through Atlantic Records. Jewel was looking for a raw, live-sounding album, leading her to be involved in the album's production. Singles included the hits "Standing Still" and "Break Me" as well as the eponymous track "This Way", which was also featured on the soundtrack to the film Life or Something Like It. Lastly, "Serve the Ego" was remixed by Hani Num and Mike Rizzo and became a number one hit on the US Club charts. The album debuted at number 9 on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 140,000 units.

Tomorrow is throwback Thursday, @Listener001 has already requested two songs, and if you have a request for throwback Thursday be sure to tag me with your request so I know to add you. And if someone can come up with a better name than throwback Thursday, then, please submit your titled name, if I like it I will also add your name to the weekly title. Take care and stay safe. (side note, nothing with sports will be added, not ever, at least not from me). 

MOHLovesAlaska

Welcome to another Throwback Thursday for GSOTD for today. @Listener001  has requested two songs to be added for today. 1) Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers. 2) Somebody Told Me by The Killers. I will of course add the last three songs to conclude for today. Enjoy the music. 

Alternative Rock/Funk Rock: Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers.  Californication is the seventh studio album by American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers. It was released on June 8, 1999, on Warner Bros. Records and was produced by Rick Rubin.

Alternative Rock/Post -Punk revival/New Wave: Somebody Told Me by The Killers. Somebody Told Me   "Somebody Told Me" is a song by the American rock band The Killers. It was released as the second official single from the group's debut studio album Hot Fuss and was written by band members Brandon Flowers, Mark Stoermer, Dave Keuning, and Ronnie Vannucci Jr. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Brandon Flowers said: "This is the story of trying to meet someone in a club.

Blues Rock/Indie: Twisted Highway by Erika Wennerstrom.  Twisted Highway  The album kicks off with the feel-good road-trip vibes of “Twisted Highway,” which Wennerstrom says sums up her musical journey on Sweet Unknown. She explains, “‘Twisted Highway’ is the process of learning more ...

Yacht Rock: Footloose by Kenny Loggins.  Footloose  "Footloose" is a song co-written and recorded by American singer-songwriter Kenny Loggins. It was released in January 1984 as the first of two singles by Loggins from the 1984 film of the same name. The song spent three weeks at number one, March 31—April 14, 1984, on the US Billboard Hot 100, and was the first of two number-one hits from the film. Billboard ranked it at the No. 4 song for 1984.

Folk Rock: Homeward Bound by Simon & Garfunkle.  Homeward Bound  A plaque commemorating the song at the Widnes railway station. "Homeward Bound" was written by Paul Simon after returning to England in the spring of 1964. He had previously spent time in Essex, and he became a nightly fixture at the Railway Hotel in Brentwood, beginning that April.

MOHLovesAlaska

Happy Friday everyone... And this is an early post, how about that. Thank you for the rain today. Well enough of my jabbering, here is what we have for GSOTD for this Friday. @AlyssaPandora has three songs that she has selected from a post that she had posted earlier in the week here in the community, called New Music. 1) Hard For Me 2 Love You by Sinead Harnett. 2) Waves Of Blue by Majid. 3) California Soil by London Grammar. We also have a one-song request coming from @Itsdemondeer  with Unintelligent Design by Cattle Decapitation. I will conclude by adding the fifth and last song for today. Enjoy the music. 

Ballad/R&B: Hard For Me 2 Love You by Sinead Harnett.  Hard For Me 2 Love You  Sinead Harnett has unveiled the new ballad "Hard 4 Me 2 Love You" as the latest preview of her upcoming second album Ready Is Always Too Late. "Hard 4 Me 2 Love You" arrives after February's " Last Love ", and is accompanied by a video directed by Rosie Matheson that sees Harnett performing the heartfelt ballad on a grand piano.

R&B: Waves Of Blue by Majid Jordan.  Waves Of Blue   "Waves Of Blue" was first heard at the end of the third episode of OVO Sound Radio Season 3. The song, premiered on April 9, 2021, is the first single from Majid Jordan's third studio album.

Electro: California Soil (clean) by London Grammar.  California Soil  “Californian Soil” sums up the metaphor for the whole record, something stunningly beautiful that everyone aspires to, but maybe has a dark underbelly to it 1. Intro (Unreleased) 2. Californian Soil.

Hard Rock: Unintelligent Design by Cattle Decapitation.  Unintelligent Design  Cattle Decapitation is an American death grind band from San Diego, California, formed in 1996. The band's current lineup includes vocalist Travis Ryan, guitarist Josh Elmore, and Belisario Dimuzio, bassist Olivier Pinard, and drummer David McGraw. Cattle Decapitation has released nine albums, the most recent being Death Atlas, which was released on November 29, 2019.

Dream Pop: Stars by Minipop.  Stars   Apr 30, 2014, · Minipop is a self-proclaimed "dream-pop" band from San Francisco, California, formed by Tricia Kanne (vocals/guitar), Lauren Grubb (drums), Matthew Swanson (guitar/keyboard), and Nick Forte (bass) in 2004.

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

Welcome to GSOTD for this Saturday. One song I selected for today comes from the Artist Support Post here on @Pandora, this song comes from @dr_neiht the title is Tribal Groove. According to the info, I found @dr_neiht  which has a total of four songs here on Pandora. Please show him some support and collect these songs for your own personal collection. I will conclude GSOTD with the last four songs I selected. Enjoy the music. 

Techno/World Music: Tribal Groove by dr_neiht. Tribal Groove.   There is not much info on this artist, other than what I had already stated. The other songs he has here on Pandora include Tic Tacs and Slaps, Midnight at the Station, and 3Jam. 

Blues/Traditional Pop/R&B/Soul blues: At Last by Etta James.  At Last Released on Argo Records in November 1960 the album was produced by Phil and Leonard Chess. At Last! also rose to no. 12 upon the Billboard Top Catalog Albums chart. At Last! was ranked at #119 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. It was ranked as the 62nd best album of the 1960s by Pitchfork Magazine.

Chamber Pop: Lovely by Billie Eilish and Khalid. Lovely is a song recorded by American singers Billie Eilish and Khalid. Darkroom and Interscope Records released it as the lead single from the Netflix drama series 13 Reasons Why's second season soundtrack. Eilish and Khalid wrote the song with Eilish's brother, Finneas O'Connell, who produced the track. The song has been described as a chamber pop ballad whose lyrics recount Eilish and Khalid trying to overcome serious depression together. 

Musical: A Whole New World (Aladdin's Theme) by Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle. A Whole New World (Aladin's Theme)  (1990), Belle's most notable for two hit duets, both with Peabo Bryson: "Without You", the love theme from the comedy film Leonard Part 6, recorded in 1987, and "A Whole New World", the main theme of the Disney's animated feature film Aladdin, recorded in 1992, with which Belle and Bryson won the Grammy award. 

Opera: Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute, K. 620); Aria (No. 14), "Queen of the Night" (Der Hölle Rache Kocht) by Main Artist: Sir Neville MarrinerMain Artist: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
Main Artist: Louisa KennedyComposer: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Queen Of The Night Aria
  This rage aria is often referred to as the "Queen of the Night's Aria", although the Queen sings another distinguished aria earlier in the opera, "O zittre nicht, mein lieber Sohn".

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

Welcome to GSOTD for this Sunday. I have two songs from @ShannonPandora and two songs from @AlyssaPandora, these songs were selected from their challenge 13 playlists. I will conclude by adding the fifth and final song. Enjoy the music.

Pop/Tropical house: What Do You Mean by Justin Bieber. What Do You Mean   " What Do You Mean? " is a song recorded by Justin Bieber for his fourth studio album Purpose (2015). The song was released on August 28, 2015, as the album's lead single by Def Jam. The song was produced by MdL and co-produced by Bieber.

Pop/Dance-pop: How Do You Sleep by Steve Smith.  How Do You Sleep    “How Do You Sleep?” After weeks of teasing on Sam’s social media sites, this song was released on July 19th, 2019. Sam said that they wanted to move on from heartbreak ballads, commenting in a press release: This year, both personally and musically, I feel so free. More than ever I have had so much fun making this record and this video…

Neo-Soul/Funk/R&B: Where Do We Go by Solange.  Where Do Go  A Seat at the Table was released on September 30, 2016, for digital download and streaming through Knowles' recording label Saint Records and distributed through Columbia Records and Sony Music Entertainment. Its physical release was November 18, 2016, on CD, and December 9, 2016, on LP. The album was promoted with two music videos, directed by Knowles and her husband Alan Ferguson.

Soul Music: Are You Here by Corrine Bailey Rae.  Are You Here  Bailey Rae began her musical career at school, where she studied classical violin before she turned her attention to singing: "I started off singing in church, I suppose, but people think it must have been a gospel church because of the whole, you know, black assumption," she said in reference to her multi-racial background... 

Opera/Electronic Music/Soundtrack: Diva Dance (From The Fifth Element) by Composer: Eric Serra
Conductor: Antony Hermus, Orchestra: Danish National Symphony Orchestra, Soprano Vocals: Jihye Kim.  Diva Dance (From The Fifth Element)
  Luc Besson’s The Fifth Element was released more than two decades ago and is still considered one of the most iconic sci-fi films ever made. For fans of the cult film, there’s one scene that’s bound to stick out in your mind—the Diva Dance.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday morning Pandora Community. For GSOTD for today, I have selected all five songs from a playlist that @Pandora posted called #Friday Feels.  Have a great Monday, enjoy the music.

Dance Pop/Disco/Dance-R&B: No Tears Left To Cry by Ariana Grande.  No Tears Left To Cry  " No Tears Left to Cry " (stylized in all lowercase) is a song by American singer Ariana Grande from her fourth studio album, Sweetener (2018). Written by Grande, Savan Kotecha, and its producers Max Martin and Ilya, it was released by Republic Records as the album's lead single on April 20, 2018,

Pop/Power Pop/Synth-Rock: It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) by The 1975. It's Not Living (If It's Not With You)  Two members of The 1975, Healy and Daniel, produced the song. “It’s Not Living (If It’s Not With You)” was formally released on October 18, 2018. It was premiered on BBC Radio 1. This tune is one of the official singles from The 1975’s third studio album.

Electro: Burning by Maggie Rogers.  Burning   “Burning” is the eleventh track off of Maggie Rogers' debut album Heard It In A Past Life. It’s a song about being in love. At her concert at Alexandra Palace, the UK on June 16, 2018, she said: I’m super, super, super in love, and I want everybody to know that’s what this song is about.

Country/Disco: High Horse by Kacey Musgraves. High Horse  "High Horse" is a song written and recorded by American country music singer and songwriter Kacey Musgraves for her fourth studio album, Golden Hour. Musgraves co-wrote the song with Trent Dabbs and Tom Schleiter and co-produced the track with Ian Fitchuk and Daniel Tashian. It was first released as a digital promotional single on March 22, 2018, and later impacted American hot adult contemporary radio on June 25, 2018,

Rock: Don't You Love Me by Chapel.  Don't You Love Me  The band was active during 1986-1995. 3 - Chapel is an indie-pop rock duo from Atlanta, Georgia. Managed by Issues' vocalist Tyler Carter and signed to Rise Records. 

MOHLovesAlaska