cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/27/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
534 Replies

For GSOTD for this Tuesday, sorry for the late post. Enjoy the music.

Country: Made For You by Jake Owen. Made For You   After Joey Hyde, Benjy Davis and Neil Medley wrote "Made It For You," they passed it onto Mojo Music song plugger Courtney Crist. Though she didn't know Jake Owen, Crist thought the song suited him, so she emailed him the demo. The singer immediately related to it on a personal level.

Country: The Good Ones by Gabby Barrett.  The Good Ones  "The Good Ones" is a song recorded by American country music singer Gabby Barrett for her debut studio album, Goldmine. Barrett co-wrote the song with Zach Kale, Emily Landis, and Jim McCormick, while Kale produced the track with Ross Copperman.

Jazz: How High The Moon by Adrien Moignard. How High The Moon   This new album transcends the legacy of Django and focuses on musicality, melody, space, without demonstrations of virtuosity. Adrien Moignard performs regularly in New York alongside Cyrille Aimée ( Small's, Birdland, etc ...). 

Jazz/Pop/Soft/ Blues Rock: Waiting On The World To Change by John Mayer.  Waiting On The World To Change  "Waiting on the World to Change" is a song by American singer-songwriter John Mayer. It was released as the lead single from his third studio album, Continuum, on August 1, 2006. The song enjoyed commercial success as a single and won the Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance at the 49th Grammy Awards.

R&B: If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys.  If I Ain't Got You   "If I Ain't Got You" is a song by American singer-songwriter Alicia Keys from her second studio album The Diary of Alicia Keys. Inspired by the 2001 death of singer Aaliyah, the terrorist September 11 attacks, and other events in the world and in Keys' life, the song is about "how material things don't feed the soul." The single cover depicts Keys similarly to the subject of Man Ray's 1924 painting Le Violon d'Ingres.

Until sometime tomorrow, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for this Wednesday, I have picked four songs by one artist. Her name is Chantel Kreviazuk. She has some great music with a very soft and sweet voice. I hope you enjoy her music as I have. 

Soundtrack: Leaving On A Jet Plane by Chantel Kreviazuk. Leaving On A Jet Plane  Colour Moving and Still is the second studio album by Canadian singer and songwriter Chantal Kreviazuk. It was released on October 5, 1999, by Columbia Records. A special edition of the album is also available with a bonus disc. An edition of the album released in Taiwan includes all of the tracks of the album, as well as all of the tracks on the bonus disc released on one disc. (1969) "Leaving on a Jet Plane" is a song written by John Denver in 1966 and most famously recorded by Peter, Paul, and Mary. The original title of the song was "Babe, I Hate to Go", as featured on his 1966 studio album John Denver Sings, but Denver's then producer Milt Okun convinced him to change the title.

Pop: Feels Like Home by Chantel Kreviazuk. Feels Like Home  Chantal Jennifer Kreviazuk CM is a Canadian singer, songwriter, composer, pianist, and actress. Born in Winnipeg, she played music from a young age before signing with Columbia Records in the 1990s. Her debut studio album, Under These Rocks and Stones, was first released in Canada in 1996 and saw commercial success before being issued in the United States the following year to critical praise.

Pop: Time by Chantel Kreviazuk. Time  Kreviazuk was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and attended Balmoral Hall School for Girls. She has two brothers, Michael and Trevor. and is also the second cousin of the curler and the 2013 Scotties Tournament of Hearts champion Alison Kreviazuk.
In 1994, Kreviazuk received multiple jaw and leg fractures in a serious motorcycle accident in Italy and spent several months recuperating.

Pop: In This Life by Chantel Kreviazuk. In This Life,   She signed with Sony BMG for her fourth album, Ghost Stories (2006), which reached number two on the Canadian Albums Chart. Since 2003, Kreviazuk has co-written and composed numerous songs for other artists as well as film soundtracks and has appeared in several Canadian independent and short films.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning. For GSOTD for today, I have only four songs that I have selected. Have a great Thursday. Enjoy the music. 

Adult Contemporary/Pop Rock: Brighter Than The Sun by Colbie Caillat. Brighter Than The Sun   The song debuted at number ninety on the Billboard Hot 100. As of the week of February 4, 2012, "Brighter Than the Sun" has reached number 47. The single has spent twenty-six weeks inside the Hot 100 chart, thereby becoming her best performing song since "I Never Told You" of 2010 due to its longevity on the chart. The song has proved to be a hit, so far, on the adult contemporary charts. On the Adult Pop Songs, the song has peaked at number two. 

Opera: Bella figlia dell'amore by Associated Performer: Dame Joan SutherlandSoprano: Dame Joan SutherlandAssociated Performer: Huguette TourangeauMezzo- Soprano: Huguette Tourangeau.  Bella figlia dell'amore   Australian dramatic coloratura soprano Joan Sutherland, American mezzo-soprano Isola Jones, the legendary Italian operatic tenor Luciano Pavarotti and the Italian operatic baritone Leo Nucci perform “Bella figlia dell’amore” (English: Beautiful daughter of love), a vocal quartet from act 3 (No. 18) of Rigoletto, a 1851 opera in three acts by Giuseppe Verdi.

Pop/Dance-pop/Teen-pop: "Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears. "Baby One More Time"    Spears released her first album “Baby… One More Time” on the 12th of January, 1999. It debuted number one of the U.S Billboard 200 and was certified two times platinum from the Recording Industry Association of America.

R&B/Pop: Waterfalls by TLC.  Waterfalls   “Waterfalls” is a Grammy-nominated 1995 single by TLC from their second album CrazySexyCool and arguably the group’s signature song. The song was produced by Organized Noize and written by Marqueze Etheridge, TLC member Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, and Organized Noize.

MOHLovesAlaska

Another Friday is here, may your weekend be relaxing as well as peaceful. For  GSOTD for today, I have selected four songs from a playlist that Pandora has posted here in the community. I will conclude by adding the fifth and final song. Enjoy the music. (Side note- with today's selections we will surpass the 1,000 song mark, thank you to all who have submitted requests for this post, keep them coming)

Disco/EDM: Diamonds by Sam Smith. Diamonds  " Diamonds " is a song by British singer Sam Smith, released through Capitol Records on 18 September 2020 as the second single from their third studio album, Love Goes (2020). The song was written by Smith with their producers Shellback and OzGo.

Chamber Folk: Willow by Taylor Swift.  Willow   "Willow" is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift, released on December 11, 2020, through Republic Records. It is the opening track of her ninth studio album, Evermore, serving as its lead single. A chamber-folk love song built around picked guitars, glockenspiel, flute, strings, and percussions, "Willow" makes use of several metaphors to convey the singer's romantic state of mind, such as portraying her life as a willow tree.

Country/Country pop: I Hope by Gabby Barrett.  I Hope   "I Hope" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Gabby Barrett. She released the single independently following her third-place finish on season 16 of American Idol. It led to her signing a deal with Warner Music Nashville, and it was released in July 2019 as her debut single and the first from her debut studio album Goldmine.

Pop: You Broke Me First by Tate McRae.  You Broke Me First   "You Broke Me First" is a song by Canadian singer Tate McRae. It was released on April 17, 2020, through RCA Records as the lead single from her second extended play, Too Young to Be Sad. The song gained popularity on the video-sharing platform TikTok, where it has featured in over a million videos.

Singer-Songwriter: The Mother by Brandi Carlile.  The Mother    ‘The Mother’, released on December 8th, 2017, is the second released single for her sixth album, By the Way, I Forgive You, which came out on February 16, 2018.

P.S Have a great Mother's Day. 

MOHLovesAlaska

I do hope your Saturday has been treating you well thus far. Here are the five songs that I have picked for GSOTD for today. Enjoy the music, and may the rest of your Saturday be enjoyable as well. 

Rock: All I Want Is You by Bryan Adams.  All I Want Is You  Waking Up the Neighbours is the sixth studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Bryan Adams, released on September 24, 1991. The album was recorded at Battery Studios in London, and at The Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, mixed at Mayfair Studios in London, and mastered by Bob Ludwig at Masterdisk in New York City.
The album reached the number one position on the album charts in at least eight countries. 

R&B/Pop/Soft Rock: Hello by Lionel Richie. Hello,   Recently Lionel Richie has called his 1983 hit ballad “Hello” one of the best of his songs to use to pick up a girl. The romantic song about unrequited love where a man wants desperately to approach a woman who he is in love with but doesn’t know how is like a classic poem. What woman wouldn’t swoon if a man approached her saying: Hello is it me you looking for? 

Power Pop/New Wave: Our Lips Are Sealed by The Go-Gos.  Our Lips Are Sealed    The Go-Go's were an all-female American rock band formed in Los Angeles in 1978. 'Our Lips Are Sealed was the single of that album that charted around the world. After the dissolution of The Go-Go's in 1985, lead singer Belinda Carlisle went on to have a successful solo career.

Pop/R&B: Love Takes Time by Mariah Carey.  Love Takes Time    "Love Takes Time" is a song by American singer-songwriter Mariah Carey. It was written by Carey and Ben Margulies and was produced by Walter Afanasieff for Carey's debut studio album Mariah Carey. It was released as the album's second single on September 11, 1990, by CBS Records. It was the first of several adult contemporary-influenced Carey ballads to be released as a single, and its protagonist laments the loss of a lover and confesses that "love takes time…

Pop/R&B: Say My Name by Destiny's Child. Say My Name   "Say My Name" is a song by the American girl group Destiny's Child from their second studio album The Writing's on the Wall. It was written by Beyoncé Knowles, LeToya Luckett, LaTavia Roberson, and Kelly Rowland along with LaShawn Daniels, Fred Jerkins III, and Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, featuring production by the latter. The song was released by Columbia Records as the album's third single in early 2000. 

Don't forget tomorrow is Mother's Day, treat your mom to an exceptional day. Until sometime tomorrow, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

My five song choices for GSOTD for this Monday. Enjoy the music.

Country: Mama Tried by Merle Haggard. Mama Tried (Remastered 2001)  "Mama Tried" is a song written and recorded by American country music artist Merle Haggard and The Strangers. It was released in July 1968 as the first single and title track from the album Mama Tried.

Punk Rock//Arena Rock: Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash.  Should I Stay Or Should I Go  "Should I Stay or Should I Go" is a song by English punk rock band the Clash, from their album Combat Rock, written in 1981 and featuring Mick Jones on lead vocals. It was released in 1982 as a double A-sided single alongside "Straight to Hell", performing modestly on global music charts. In the United States, "Should I Stay or Should I Go" charted on the Billboard Hot 100 without reaching the top 40. 

Rap: Gettin' Jiggy Wit It by Will Smith.  Gettin' Jiggy Wit It   "Gettin' Jiggy wit It" is a single by American actor and rapper Will Smith, released as the third cut from his debut solo album Big Willie Style. The verse is based around a sample of "He's The Greatest Dancer" by Sister Sledge, and the chorus is sampled from "Sang and Dance" by the Bar-Kays. Released in January 1998, the song was Smith's second hit produced by Poke & Tone and L.E.S., who replaced his long-time partner Jazzy Jeff, though the record-scratching techniques of Jazzy Jeff can be heard in the song.

Dance-pop//Teen-pop: Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You) by Christina Aguilera.  Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You) "Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)" is a song by American singer Christina Aguilera from her 1999 debut album. Released on July 11, 2000, by RCA Records as the fourth and final single from the album, it was the first song over which Aguilera was given significant creative control. 

R&B//Pop: How Do I Breathe by Mario.  How Do I Breathe   "How Do I Breathe" is a song recorded by American singer Mario. It is the first single from his third studio album Go. The single was released on May 15, 2007. It was produced by the Norwegian production team Stargate. On the issue date of July 7, 2007, the single debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at number 91. "How Do I Breathe" also debuted on the UK Singles Chart at number 30. 

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for this Tuesday, I have selected all five songs from a playlist that @Pandora has posted here in the community. The name of the playlist is called UpBeat Indie Morning. Enjoy the music.

Singer-Songwriter//Indie: Begin Again by Adam Melchor. Begin Again  Adam Melchor Releases Dreamy Song “Begin Again”. Jersey native Adam Melchor is back with a dreamy new song in “Begin Again”. This song is a part of his upcoming project, Melchor Lullaby Hotline, Vol. 1, which comes out on March 19th. Melchor is no stranger to the music industry as he always has had the music in him.

Singer-Songwriter//Indie Pop: Too Good by Arlo Parks. Too Good  Too Good. Arlo Parks. during Arlo's NPR listening party of the album ‘Collapsed in Sunbeams’, Arlo stated that this was one of her favorite songs to write. Produced by. Paul Epworth.

Singer-Songwriter//Urban Pop//Alternative: Head In The Clouds by Baby Jake.  Head In The Clouds    “ Head in the Clouds,” BabyJake explores the hidden weight of emotional escape, juxtaposing bright guitar work against moody lyrics about self-defeat and the pitfalls of depression and avoidance. Of the song, he says, “I’m always late. I have a hard time focusing. My mind is always somewhere else.

Rock: Hold Me Down by The Happy Fits.  Hold Me Down    The Happy Fits released " Hold Me Down " today, the raucous fourth single from the New Jersey trio's upcoming sophomore LP, What Could Be Better, Came out August 28th, 2020. 

Electronic: Close To You by Dayglow.  Close To You  “Close To You” was released as a single in January 2021 and was Dayglow’s first track since the re-release of his album Fuzzybrain in 2019. The song was written as a duet but ultimately recorded as a solo. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Today for GSOTD I have chosen four songs, two songs from @ShannonPandora and two songs from @AlyssaPandora. These four songs are from the color song music challenge. In the order, I have mentioned the names will be the same order I will have the songs. Enjoy the music. 

Europop: Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65. Blue (Da Ba Dee)  Eiffel 65 is a three man (Gianfranco Randone, Maurizio Lobina, and Gabriele Ponte) Italian eurodance group. Best known for their international hit "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" Eiffel 65's debut album "Europop" sold over two million units in the US, making them the best selling Italian Eurodance group ever in the United States.

Electropop/Dance-pop: Green Light by Lorde. Green Light   Musically, "Green Light" is an electropop, dance-pop, and post-disco song. The lyrics use a "green light" as a street signal metaphor that gives Lorde permission to move on into the future. The song received widespread acclaim from critics, many of whom praised its production and Lorde's vocal delivery.

Jazz: Mood Indigo by Duke Ellington. Mood Indigo   You ain't been blue until you've been through mood indigo. "Mood Indigo" became a standard of not only Ellington's orchestra, but it has been recorded countless times by musical legends such as Dinah Washington, Frank Sinatra, and Ella Fitzgerald.

Soft Rock: Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac. Silver Springs   When the remastered edition of Rumours was released in 2004, "Silver Springs" was included, between "Songbird" and "The Chain". The song also appeared on Nicks' compilation album, Crystal Visions - The Very Best of Stevie Nicks. She wrote in the album's liner notes that the song was intended as a gift for her mother,...

Until sometime late tomorrow, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for this Thursday I have selected four songs from the playlist called First Concert this playlist was posted by @Pandora. Enjoy the music.

R&B/Soul: Just A Friend by Mario.  Just A Friend  This is a modified cover song of Biz Markie’s song “Just A Friend.” In this version, Mario meets this girl and wants to be with her but she says that they’re just friends. Biz Markie’s version, however, is about cheating girlfriends

Dance-Rock: Owner Of A Lonely Heart by Yes. Owner Of A Lonely Heart  " Owner of a Lonely Heart " is a song by British progressive rock band Yes. It is the first track and single from their eleventh studio album 90125, released in November 1983. Written primarily by guitarist and singer Trevor Rabin, contributions were made to the final version by singer Jon Anderson, bassist Chris Squire, and producer Trevor Horn.

East Coast Rap: Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix feat Jay-Z) (clean) by Kanya West.  Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix feat. Jay-Z)  Both this remix and the original were singles from Kanye’s Late Registration album. Kanye uses the remix to go into more detail on “conflict diamonds”: diamonds which are mined during a war and used to finance an invading army. Meanwhile, Jay-Z steers clear of politics and uses his verse to rap about how awesome he and his record label are.

Hard Rock/Heavy Metal: Thunderstruck by AC/DC.  Thunderstruck  "Thunderstruck" is the lead single on the 1990 album The Razors Edge by Australian hard rock band AC/DC. The song was released as a single in Germany, Australia, and Japan, and peaked at No. 5 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks. In 2010, "Thunderstruck" topped Triple M's Ultimate 500 Rock Countdown in Melbourne, Australia. The top five were all AC/DC songs.

Until sometime late again tomorrow, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Happy Friday, and may you truly be happy today. Here are my five choices for GSOTD for this Friday. Enjoy the music. 

R&B/Soul: Leave The Door Open by Bruno Mars, Anderson, Paak & Silk Sonic. Leave The Door Open  "Leave the Door Open" was the first single released by Bruno Mars and Anderson.Paak as the duo "Silk Sonic" for their album "An Evening With Silk Sonic". The track was released alongside the album's introduction voiced by Bootsy Collins: "Fellas, I hope you got something in your cup.

Pop/Dance: My Head & My Heart. by Ava Max. My Head & My Heart  During the COVID-19 pandemic, Max wanted to create a song that would allow people to dance while they were at home. Development of "My Head & My Heart" occurred from September to November 2020, which she intended to release the song in the "right moment". It is the first single exclusively released from the digital reissue of Max's debut studio album Heaven & Hell.

Dance/Pop: Sacrifice by Bebe Rexha. Sacrifice  The song was written by Rexha, along with Pablo Bowman, Peter Rycroft, and the song's producer Burns. It was described by Rexha as Better Mistakes's only dance track. Musically, it is a dance-pop song with club-ready beats and deep-diving hooks.

Synth-pop//Alternative rock// Indie rock: Shy Away by Twenty One Pilots. Shy Away  "Shy Away" is a song written and recorded by the American musical duo Twenty One Pilots. It was released on April 7, 2021, through Fueled by Ramen, as the lead single from their upcoming sixth studio album, Scaled and Icy. A music video was released alongside the single, directed by Miles Cable and AJ Favicchio.

Electro: Calling by Chaya. Calling also known as dance music, club music, or simply dance, is a broad range of percussive electronic music genres made largely for nightclubs, raves, and festivals. It is generally produced for playback by DJs who create seamless selections of tracks, called a mix, by segueing from one recording to another.

MOHLovesAlaska

There is one request for GSOTD for this Saturday, this request comes from an artist that currently has three songs here on Pandora, he will soon have a fourth that will be available in less than one week. The artist's name is Ron "Bee-Stinger" Savage, @hiphopmovement  is his Pandora's user name. His song that he has selected for today is Let's Go. I will conclude today's post by selecting the last four songs. Enjoy the music. 

Hip-Hop Movement Anthem: Let's Go by Ron "Bee-Stinger" Savage. Let's Go (Single)   Ron "Bee Stinger" Savage is a recording artist, advocating for civil rights and is from the first generation of hip hop, Bee - Stinger is a hip-hop legend who needs to be respected as one of the original crate boys for the Zulu Nation's own DJ Jazzy Jay. Bee Stinger yes was there at the beginning of hip-hop and is credited for coining the term 6 elements of the Hip Hop Movement in the '90s after hearing public enemy.

Soul Music: All I Do Is Think Of You by Troop.  All I Do Is Think Of You  TROOP - ALL I DO IS THINK OF YOU (album version w/ piano intro) - YouTube TROOP remakes Jackson Five song produced by Chuckii Booker.

Country: How Far Can It Go (feat. Trisha Yearwood) Hailey Whitters.  How Far Can It Go   While Trisha Yearwood, unfortunately, had to cancel her immediate plans due to a positive COVID-19 test among her staff, she can still say she dropped a new song with country singer/songwriter Hailey Whitters. For those who aren’t familiar with Whitters, they probably should be. The 31-year-old has songwriting credits for Alan Jackson and Little Big Town and released “The Dream” in 2020, her second album. Yearwood can only be described as a country music legend at this point in her career, and the two complement each other well on their new track, “How Far Can It Go?” Whitters’ new track came out on February 12, with the country performer bubbling with excitement. This is perhaps best evidenced by her announcement tweet.

Country: Hey Stephen by Taylor Swift. Hey, Stephen  The song’s hidden message in the album booklet for “Hey Stephen” was written for Stephen Barker Liles from the country music duo Love And Theft, who was an opening act on her Fearless Tour in 2008. The song’s hidden message in the album booklet for Fearless was “Love and Theft,” confirming the mysterious Stephen’s identity.

A Cappella: Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin. Don't Worry Be Happy   "Don't Worry, Be Happy" is a song by American musician Bobby McFerrin released in 1988. It was the first a cappella song to reach number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, a position it held for two weeks. Originally released in conjunction with the film Cocktail, the song peaked at No. 1 on September 24, 1988, displacing "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns N' Roses. The song also peaked at No. 11 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Tracks chart. 

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for this Sunday, there are only three songs. The first song is being requested by @ChaplainHowardS and the song of choice is Moonglow by Marion McPartland and Teddy Wilson Duet. It is a beautiful piano piece. I will conclude by adding my last two selections. Enjoy the music.

Piano Jazz: Moonglow by Marion McPartland and Teddy Wilson.  Moonglow  Recorded in 1978 for Marian McPartland's radio program, this performance and conversation bring two great pianists together to reminisce and to talk about their careers as performers, scholars, and dedicated lovers of the art of jazz.

Motion Picture Soundtrack: Full Metal Jacket by Abigail Mead & Nigel Goulding. Full Metal Jacket  Full Metal Jacket begins by following the trials and tribulations of a platoon of fresh Marine Corps recruits focusing on the relationship between Gunnery Sergeant Hartman and Privates Pyle and Joker. We see Pyle grow into an instrument of death as Hartman has foreseen of all of his recruits. Through Pyle's torment and Joker's unwillingness to stand up against it, the climax of part one is achieved with all three main characters deciding their fates by their action or inaction. 

Pop: Rambling Man by Laura Marling.  Rambling Man  Laura Beatrice Marling is a British folk singer-songwriter. She won the Brit Award for Best British Female Solo Artist at the 2011 Brit Awards and was nominated for the same award at 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018 Brit Awards.

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for this Monday I will be adding three songs. The third and final song is a requested song by a music artist here on Pandora his name is Phil Klein his user name is @philmobet. He has a new single out called "Sparks and Fascination". So please show him your support and check out his music. Enjoy the music. 

Latin: My Baby You by Marc Anthony. My Baby You   "My Baby You" is a song written and performed by Marc Anthony and was released as the fourth single of his first English-language album Marc Anthony. It was released in 1999. 

Pop/House: Ride On The Rhythm by Little Louie Vega & Marc Anthony. Ride-On The Rhythm You  "Ride on the Rhythm", is a song recorded by American DJ and record producer Little Louie Vega, released on August 13, 1991, by Atlantic Records. It features American singer Marc Anthony when he was still a freestyle musician. This song also shows how diverse, and creative Marc Anthony truly can be with music. 

African Jazz: Sparks and Fascination by Phil Klein.  Sparks and Fascination  Phil Klein's music has been played over 10,000 times on US and European television and over three million streams on Pandora radio. His recordings feature the cream of SF Bay Area musicianship including current members of Santana, Tower of Power, The Yellow Jackets, and The Doobie Brothers. 

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for this Tuesday there are three songs that are by request. The first song is "The Secret In Your Eyes" by Phil Klein ( @philmobet ). I will also be adding one song per post from this artist until I have added all of his songs. I gave this artist my word that I would, and so I shall. He has great music, so I'm sure you will like it as well. The next two songs are from another music artist here on @Pandora, this artist name is @dalomonze (DaLomonze), the songs of choice are "Father Figure" & "Broken Vessels (Single)". I will conclude todays post by adding the last two songs. Have a great Tuesday, and enjoy the music. 

Jazz: The Secret In Your Eyes by Phil Klein (@philmobet). The Secret In Your Eyes     A native of the midwest, Phil Klein was born and raised in Springfield, Illinois. He graduated from Eastern Illinois University with a degree in Music composition. After graduation he  relocated to Los Angeles where he studied with film scoring pioneer, Earl Hagen. A year later on a trip to San Francisco he fell in love with the Bay Area. and picked up compositional studies at San Francisco State where he began writing and arranging for the univerisity's big bands and orchestra.

Hip-Hop/Rap: Father Figure by DaLomonze (@dalomonze ) & Crown One. Father Figure   DL aka DaLomonze was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio music scene alongside musical professionals in a studio environment since the young age of 16. This early exposure intertwined with his ability to sing and perform since elementary age sparked a deep love and fascination with the industry. With a clear voice, wide range, song writing abilities and skills in production; Damien intends to bring a mixture of gospel hip hop and inspirational r&b to reach the masses in and outside the church; people from all walks of life local and worldwide.

R&B//Singer-Songwriter: Broken Vessels by DaLomonze (@dalomonze). Broken Vessels (Single)  With a clear voice, wide range, songwriting abilities and skills in production, DaLomonze is one of the more prolific independently minded artists in his class. Bringing a distinct mixture to CHH + Rhythm & Praise music, DaLomonze instantaneously draws in masses worldwide.
Mid 2009 he gave his life to Christ and opted for a new approach to his musical journey. As a result, his outlook on life and music, changed dramatically. He has since been songwriting
and studio engineering with local, regional and nationally known artists, turning out many singles and compilations a year, without many big-name features- a self-sufficiency that makes his music discovery feel all the more earned.

Pop: Come Back Home by Calum Scott. Come Back Home  Only Human is the debut studio album, written and conducted by British singer/songwriter Calum Scott, released on 9 March 2018 through Capitol Records. The album was re-released in November 2018 as the "special edition" featuring four additional tracks, including "Come Back Home". 

Country: Things A Man Oughta Know by Lainey Wilson. Things A Man Oughta Know   Wilson was born in Baskin, Louisiana. Her dad taught her a couple chords two years after she started writing songs (age 11). She impersonated Hannah Montana as her job in high school, touring across Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi. She moved to Nashville, Tennesseeafter graduating high school and recorded music in a camper trailer that she lived in for 3 years. She parked it beside a recording studio belonging to family friend, Jerry Cupit. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning, for GSOTD for today there will be five songs added, three are by request. The first two come from @dalomonze (DaLomonze) a music artist here on Pandora, 1) On A Sunday. 2) Beg. The third song comes from another music artist here on Pandora Phil Klein ( @philmobet ) "The People Upstairs". I will add the last two to conclude today's post. Have a great Wednesday, enjoy the music. 

Gospel rap//Gospel hip-hop: On A Sunday (feat. Watchman Dee & Captain Virtue) by ( @dalomonze ) DaLomonze.  On A Sunday   On a Sunday (feat. Watchman Dee & Captain Virtue), released 02 February 2018 Featuring Captain Virtue & Watchman Dee Produced by Captain Virtue, Dalomonze, Jamie Vaughn & Beats by Mantra.

Christian//R&B: Beg by DaLamonze ( @dalomonze ). BEG  DaLomonze has hit a stride with a string of releases-including “On A Sunday” and “Beg,” these singles combine Inspiration and R&B genres with a colorful sense of wordplay and the Gospel message. With a clear voice, broad range, songwriting skills, and production experience; he is one of the more prolific independent-minded artists in his class.

Jazz: The People Upstairs by Phil Klein ( @philmobet ).  The People Upstairs  This song is from the 1995 release album of "In the Hour of Shadows and Whispers".  Phil's music also has a very wide range of different genres in Jazz, Smooth Jazz/ Vocal Jazz/ Smooth Instrumental/ Cool Jazz/ Contemporary Jazz/Fusion Jazz/ Funk Jazz/ Acid Jazz/ Lounge Jazz/ Latin Jazz/ Flamenco Jazz/ New Age/ Chill Out & Old School/ R&B & Soul.

Classic Country: No Reason To Quit by Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson (Ponch & Lefty).  No Reason To Quit  “Reasons to Quit,” written by Merle Haggard, reached #6 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. It’s ironically followed on Pancho and Lefty by “No Reason to Quit”.

Classic Jazz: Young At Heart by Jimmy Durante. Young At Heart   In the early 1960's Jimmy Durante reinvents himself as a serious musician. September Song marks the beginning of the final wave of fame for Durante. Durante did his last movie It's a Mad Mad World and emerges with a string of sentimental pop albums. September Song is one of the best of his career.

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska Love that you included, @philmobet in today's GSOTD! 👍🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

For GSOTD for this Thursday, I will be adding two songs by Jazz artist Phil Klein @philmobet )the songs share the same name title, one is vocal, and the other instrumental. The instrumental version has been played here on @Pandora over two million times, yes you read that right, it is no typo error, over two million times and counting. I have listened to it myself, it is a great smooth jazz piece. I will be adding "The Sweetest Part" vocal and instrumental together instead of separate, the reason that I'm doing that, Phil has asked me to give credit recognition to those who helped him with both the vocal as well as the instrumental. I told him I would be happy to do so. I will conclude today's post by adding the last three songs. Have a great Thursday, take care, and stay safe. 

R&B/Jazz/Smooth Jazz: The Sweetest Part (Vocal) The Sweetest Part (Vocal)The Sweetest Part (Instrumental) The Sweetest Part (Instrumental) has been played here on @Pandora over two million times and counting, it is one of Phil's smoothest Jazz pieces. In recognition of the vocal version, Phil ( @philmobet ) would love to give a "HUGE" shout-out to the Bay area great Clif Payne on both lead and backup vocals. Michael Alvarado on Guitar, Rashaan Fredricks on Bass, Phil Klein ( @philmobet ) on Keyboards, Composition, and Arrangement. For the Instrumental Song, Phil gives another "Huge" shout out to Alex Murzyn on Soprano Sax, Marc Van Wageningen of Tower of Power on Bass. Peter Michael Escovedo on drums, and yes he is of the legendary Escovedo Family. And Steve Erquiaga on Guitar. And did I forget to mention this song has been eared over 2 Million Times!! I find that fascinating. And it is a great instrumental piece, I added it to my personal Jazz collection, I would highly recommend you do the same, it will better your playlist for sure. 

Pop//Synth Pop: Here With Me by Marshmello. Here With Me  "Here with Me" is a song by American producer Marshmello, featuring Scottish band Chvrches. It was released on March 8, 2019, alongside an animated lyric video.

Soft Rock: The Guitar Man by Bread.  The Guitar Man  "The Guitar Man" by Bread entered Billboard's Hot Top 100 chart at position #62; and on August 27th, 1972 it peaked at #11 (for 3 weeks) and spent 10 weeks on the Top 100... And on September 3rd, 1972 it reached #1 (for 1 week) on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Tracks chart...

80's Rock: When Doves Cry by Prince. When Doves Cry   In 1984, Prince's "When Doves Cry" shot straight to No. 1 and spent 23 weeks on Billboard's Hot 100 chart (via Billboard). Written for his semi-autobiographical film Purple Rain. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Welcome to another Friday, and to another GSOTD. There is a new single out and it has been added to @Pandora's library today. This single is called "Stop Cappin" by Ron "Bee Stinger" Savage ( @hiphopmovement ). Two more songs will also be added by request, this request comes from Phil Klein ( @philmobet ). 1) N.S. Returns. 2) Cruise Control. I will conclude by adding the last three songs. Enjoy the music, and enjoy your Friday evening & night, be safe. 

Hip-Hop/Rap: Stop Cappin by Ron "Bee Stinger" Savage ( @hiphopmovement ).  Stop Cappin  Ronald Savage is an American entrepreneur, hip hop artist, author, and activist. He was known as the "crate boy" for Jazzy Jay,

Jazz//Contemporary Jazz: N.S. Returns by Phil Klein ( @philmobet )  N.S. Returns    N.S. Returns Artist: Phil Klein. The essence of Jazz Bringing You Jazz Vybe's & Urban Soul Classics. Contemporary Jazz coming to you from the Cruise Control release of Keyboardist Phil Klein.

Jazz//R&B: Cruise Control by Phil Klein ( @philmobet ).  Cruise Control The album "Cruise Control" was released on Bobby Caldwell's Sin-Drome label. It has been a top performer on Pandora Radio where it is still played having had over 3 million plays. The two recordings feature current and former members of Santana, The Doobie Brothers, Tower of Power, Huey Lewis, and the News and The Yellow Jackets.

Swing Jazz//Pop: Ain't That A Kick In The Head by (feat. Nelson Riddle) Dean Martin. Ain't That A Kick In The Head  "Ain't That a Kick in the Head?" is a pop song written in 1960 with music by Jimmy Van Heusen and lyrics by Sammy Cahn. It was first recorded on May 10, 1960, by Dean Martin in a swinging big band jazz arrangement conducted by Nelson Riddle. Martin performed the song in the 1960 heist film Ocean's 11 in an alternate arrangement featuring vibraphonist Red Norvo and his quartet.

Pop: Terrible Love by Birdy. Terrible Love   Birdy Terrible Love is a cover of The National’s song of the same name. it is the 11th and final track of her debut album, Birdy.

Rock: #1 Crush by Garbage. #1 Crush   "#1 Crush" is a song by American rock band Garbage, released internationally as a b-side to their debut single "Vow", and in the United Kingdom on the b-side to second single "Subhuman". In 1996, Nellee Hooper and Marius de Vries remixed "#1 Crush" for the soundtrack to Baz Luhrmann's modernized Romeo + Juliet film adaptation.

MOHLovesAlaska
Tags (2)

Good Saturday morning, there are two songs by request for GSOTD for today, both songs are from the same music Jazz artist Phil Klein ( @philmobet ). 1) In The Hour Of Shadows And Whispers. 2) Friendly Fire. I will conclude by adding the last three songs. Have a great Saturday and a peaceful Sunday. Enjoy the music. 

Smooth Instrumental Jazz: In The Hour Of Shadows And Whispers by Phil Klein ( @philmobet )  In The Hour Of Shadows And Whispers  Phil Klein is one of those rock-solid composer/producers whose greatest contribution to his own project is laying down smart keyboard riffs in all sorts of rhythmic patterns in order to showcase the sharpness of his better-known compatriots.  So while Klein is the ringleader for the electro-charging-meets-seductive passion palette of In the Hour of Shadows and Whispers (Positive), the true stars of the collection are Tom Coster and Marc Russo

Jazz: Friendly Fire by Phil Klein ( @philmobet ). Friendly Fire  Friendly Fire is on the album "In The Hour Of Shadows And Whispers" which was released in 1995. 

Country Pop: Meant To Be (feat. Florida Georgia Line) by Bebe Rexha.  Meant To Be  "Meant to Be" entered the US Billboard Hot 100 at number 61 on the chart dated November 11, 2017. It later peaked at number two, kept out of the summit by Drake's "God's Plan". It became Rexha's third top ten hits and her first as a solo lead artist, as well as the second top ten hit for Florida Georgia Line. It is Rexha's highest-charting single on the chart, surpassing "Me, Myself & I".

Country Ballad: Amazed by Lonestar. Amazed   Lonestar Amazed was released in March of 1999 but got popular when it was re-released in 2000. In 2000 it reached #1 for two weeks. 

Soul: Soul Man by Sam & Dave. Soul Man   (1968) "Soul Man" is a 1967 song written and composed by Isaac Hayes and David Porter, first successful as a number 2 hit single by Atlantic Records soul duo Sam & Dave, which consisted of Samuel "Sam" Moore and David "Dave" Prater.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Sunday afternoon, for GSOTD  I will be adding four songs by request, the first two come from a music artist here on Pandora Phil Klein ( @philmobet ) 1) Jungle Juice. 2) Night Stalker. The next two songs are from @KristenLvsTyler  1) Only One In Color by Trapt. 2) Crimson And Clover by Tommy James & The Shondells. These two songs are from the Music Challenge #14 Color playlist. I will add the last song, this song is by Jewel Kilcher which happens to be her 47th birthday today. Jewel also happens to be my favorite music artist, my favorite song has already been added to this post and playlist, but there are three versions of this song, so I will add what is probably the fan-favorite version of Foolish Games that features another Popstar music artist Kelly Clarkson. Enjoy the music and enjoy the rest of your Sunday. 

Smooth Jazz: Jungle Juice by Phil Klein ( @philmobet ). Jungle Juice  Klein allows Coster even more hypnotic leeway spraying the "Jungle Juice," but shows a more heartfelt side with the instrumental version of the title cut featuring Stef Burns ' sweet acoustic charms.

Jazz//Contemporary Jazz: Night Stalker by Phil Klein ( @philmobet ). Night Stalker  A funky tune like "Night Stalker" opens itself up to each of these masters' strengths, a silky soprano melody with a slight improv opportunity for Russo and a spacy, in-the-pocket keyboard solo for Coster.

Rock: Only One In Color by Trapt. Only One In Color  Trapt is an American rock band formed in Los Gatos, California. It consists of vocalist Chris Taylor Brown, bassist Pete Charell, and guitarist Brendan Hengle. They have recorded eight studio albums to date: Amalgamation (1999), Trapt (2002), Someone in Control (2005), Only Through the Pain (2008), No Apologies (2010), Reborn (2013), DNA (2016), and Shadow Work (2020). Trapt is best known for their 2002 hit "Headstrong".

Soundtrack: Crimson And Clover by Tommy James & The Shondells. Crimson And Clover  "Crimson and Clover" is a 1968 song by American rock band Tommy James and the Shondells. Written by the duo of Tommy James and drummer Peter Lucia Jr., it was intended as a change in direction of the group's sound and composition. "Crimson and Clover" was released in late 1968 as a rough mix after a radio station leaked it. It spent 16 weeks on the U.S. charts, reaching number one in the United States and other countries.

Pop//Pop-rock: Foolish Games (feat. Kelly Clarkson) by Jewel.  Foolish Games (feat. Kelly Clarkson)   For her cover of Jewel's "Foolish Games", Clarkson is joined by none other than Jewel herself, who appeared virtually for a duet of the 1995 hit from her smash album Pieces of You. As Clarkson reveals in the intro to the song, the "socially distanced" duet was in honor of the 25th anniversary of Pieces of You.

MOHLovesAlaska