cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Music โ€Œ๐ŸŽง

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

One of my favorite sections within the Pandora app is "For You" because of the New Music recommendations. Sharing new music that was picked for me. Also, sharing a bit about the artists like @MOHLovesAlaska does. I always like to know more about the artists - especially artists that I'm discovering for the first time.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.39.41 AM.png

Waves of Blue by Majid Jordan 

More about Majid Jordan: Toronto-based duo Majid Al Maskati and Jordan Ullman are known as Majid Jordan, producers of moody alternative R&B and left-field pop. The two met while attending the University of Toronto. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.43.05 AM.png

New Album: California Soil by London Grammar

More about London Grammar: English trio London Grammar combine sparse electronic pop in the model of the xx with lead singer Hannah Reidโ€™s dramatic, soulful vocals, which evoke Annie Lennox and contemporaries like Florence Welch and Natasha Khan of Bat for Lashes. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.52.37 AM.png

Hard 4 Me 2 Love You by Sinead Harnett

More about Sinead Harnett: London native Sinead Harnett, inspired at a young age by the likes of Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson.  

Feel free to share any new music suggested to you in the For You section. ๐ŸŽง

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
24 Replies

@AlyssaPandora great stuff, I will add these to the GSOTD playlist for tomorrow, I would do it now, but I have already picked out the songs for today. Thank you @AlyssaPandora for sharing this. Take care and stay safe. 

P.S @AlyssaPandora I meant for Friday, Thursday is throwback Thursday. Sorry for the mix-up. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sharing this week's New Music based on my listening. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.17.14 AM.png

Get You (Off My Mind) by Liam Back

More about Liam: Liam Back is an Audio Visual Concept Artist based in Hamburg, Germany. Currently producing music & sound for various freelance work.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.20.07 AM.png

Your Power by Billie Eilish

More about Billie Eilish: California-bred singer/songwriter Billie Eilish crafts genre-blurring outcast anthems that bridge the gap between ethereal indie electronic and dark alternative pop. With angsty, introspective lyrics that donโ€™t shy away from issues of mental health, she endeared herself to a devoted audience during her breakthrough years in the late 2010s when she was still just a teenager.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.21.46 AM.png

Frida Kahlo by LION BABE

More about LION BABE: Made up of vocalist Jillian Hervey and producer Lucas Goodman, New York-based duo Lion Babe craft a unique version of spacy, evocative R&B. Coining the term โ€œfuturistic nostalgiaโ€ to describe their sound, they incorporated chopped-up samples, organic instruments, and atmospheric electronics on early singles as well as their 2016 debut full-length Begin. The vocalist is also the daughter of actress Vanessa Williams.

Feel free to share any new music suggested based on your listening in the For You section. ๐ŸŽง

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

I will add these to the GSOTD playlist. Thanks for sharing @AlyssaPandora, and thank you for your selections. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sharing this week's new music based on my listening ๐ŸŽง

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 1.24.20 PM.png

Album: Be Right Back by Jorja Smith

More about Jorja Smith: Jorja Smith is an English singer and songwriter whose heartfelt and streetwise R&B has invoked comparisons to the likes of AlunaGeorge , Rihanna , and Amy Winehouse , the latter of whom the Walsall-based artist cites as her biggest influence. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 1.26.44 PM.png

Album: The Off-Season by J. Cole

More about J. Cole: Born in Frankfurt, Germany and raised in Fayetteville, North Carolina, Jermaine Cole got into hip-hop through his stepfatherโ€™s copy of 2Pacalypse Now, which led to a deep fascination with 2Pac and immersion in the work of Nas, the Notorious B.I.G. , Jay-Z and Canibus, among many other artists. Coleโ€™s high school grades earned him an academic scholarship to attend St. Johnโ€™s University in New York City, where the fledgling MC and beatmaker knew he could make progress as a musician. Five chart-topping albums as a solo artist, nine Top 40 pop singles as a headliner, and a dozen Grammy nominations make a strong case for J. Cole as the most commercially successful rap artist of the 2010s. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 1.32.11 PM.png

Song: Motorbike by Leon Bridges

More about Leon Bridges: Leon Bridgesโ€™ first strides as an R&B artist prompted comparisons to legends like Sam Cooke and Otis Redding , but the native Texan quickly came into his own with the remarkably refined Coming Home (2015) and Good Thing (2018), Top Ten albums that resulted in four Grammy nominations and a win in the category of Best Traditional R&B Performance (for โ€œBet Ainโ€™t Worth the Hand,โ€ off the latter).

Feel free to share any new music suggested based on your listening in the For You section. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! ๐ŸŽง

@AlyssaPandora thank you for posting these, I will be adding them to the GSOTD playlist. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sharing this week's new music based on my listening ๐ŸŽง

_500W_500H.jpg

Song: Lipstick by WILLOW

More about WILLOW: A genre-defying artist, Willow reinvents pop, R&B, and rock in her own individualistic ways. As a singer/songwriter, she debuted with the viral 2010 hit โ€œWhip My Hair,โ€ becoming the youngest artist to date to score a double platinum single. On her 2015 self-produced full-length debut Ardipithecus, she added alt-R&B textures to her style. She's also the daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith.

_1080W_1080H.jpg

Song: Family by Jordan Rakei

More about Jordan Rakei: A soul-rooted alternative R&B artist who sings, writes, produces, and plays keyboards, Australian Jordan Rakei debuted in 2013 with Franklinโ€™s Room, a self-released six-track EP. A remarkably mature set, it displayed the ease with which Rakei can switch from classic soul ballads to reggae grooves.

_500W_500H-1.jpg

Album: Back of My Mind (Explicit) by H.E.R.

More about H.E.R.: Presented anonymously, contemporary R&B artist H.E.R. (Having Everything Revealed) surfaced in 2016 with H.E.R., Vol. 1, an EP of downcast post-breakup material that sounded both vulnerable and assured, much like what followed from the singer and songwriter. 

Enjoy! ๐ŸŽง

I will check your songs out for sure, the ones that are clean I will add to the GSOTD playlist. Thank you for sharing @AlyssaPandora have a great Monday, take care and stay safe. 

P.S And thank you @AlyssaPandora for sharing an inside look at the song and artist. Be safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sharing this week's new music based on my listening ๐ŸŽง

_500W_500H.jpg

Album: TEMPORARY HIGHS IN THE VIOLET SKIES by Snoh Aalegra

More about Snoh Aalegra: Snoh Aalegra is a Swedish-born Iranian singer and songwriter who has termed her work โ€œcinematic soul.โ€ Among the R&B artistโ€™s recordings are the albums Feels (2017) and Ugh, Those Feels Again (2019), the latter of which features โ€œI Want You Around,โ€ a number one hit on Billboardโ€™s Adult R&B Songs chart.

_500W_500H-1.jpg

Song: Don't Blame It On Love by Yuna (featuring Pink Sweat$)

More about Yuna: An adult alternative artist with a refined, jazz-inflected style and tender vocal delivery, Malaysian singer/songwriter Yuna rose to prominence via social media in the mid- to late 2000s. 

_500W_500H-3.jpg

Song: Shapeshifter by Alessia Cara

More about Alessia Cara: Through uploading her acoustic interpretations of contemporary hits, pop-R&B singer, songwriter, and producer Alessia Cara landed a contract with Def Jam and at the age of 18 made her recorded debut with โ€œHereโ€ (2015). The distinctive wallflower anthem went platinum and Top Five pop, leading to the release of the full-length Know-It All.

@AlyssaPandora thank you for sharing the music that you like, and thanks for the background as well. I will add these to the GSOTD playlist. Thanks again for sharing take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sharing this week's new music from the For You section, based on my listening. ๐ŸŽง

_500W_500H.jpg

Song: New Normal by Khalid

More about Khalid: Just out of high school when he made his commercial debut with the ballad โ€œLocationโ€ (2016), non-traditional R&B singer and songwriter Khalid has attracted a large following with an undemonstrative but heartfelt vocal style and a down-to-earth perspective. Although he attained a major-label contract within months of uploading his first songs, โ€œLocationโ€ moved into the mainstream at a slow tempo similar to that of the song itself and became a Top 20 pop hit just after the release of American Teen (2017), one of the biggest album debuts of the late 2010s.

_500W_500H-1.jpg

Song: Skate by Silk Sonic

More about Silk Sonic: In early 2021, Bruno Mars debuted a new collaborative project with Anderson .Paak called Silk Sonic. After releasing their first single,โ€œLeave the Door Open,โ€ in March, the duo made their television debut with a performance at the Grammy Awards.

_500W_500H-2.jpg

Self Titled Album: Vince Staples 

More about Vince Staples: Turning inward on his most introspective outing to date, rapper Vince Staples delivers another potent burst of lyrical storytelling on his self-titled fourth effort. Like 2018โ€ฒs quick shot FM!, Vince Staples only needs 22 minutes to get the job done, packing a short autobiographyโ€™s worth of tales into ten tracks that revisit his younger, lawless days in North Long Beach. Produced entirely by Kenny Beats , this trip down memory lane is deceptively catchy, revealing layer after layer as the beats hit deeper and simple melodies combine to create a laid-back vibe that entrances like a sunset over languid waves.

_1080W_1080H.jpg

Song: You Are My High by DJ Snake

More about DJ Snake:Grammy-nominated producer, DJ Snake is a Frenchman at the forefront of the electronic trap music movement.

@AlyssaPandora thank you for sharing your selections. I will add everything clean to the GSOTD playlist, I will also mention you for your selections. Take care and stay safe. 

P.S And thank you for the detailed information about each artist. It really makes the music stand out more, even more meaningful. Just my opinion. Be safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sharing this week's new music from the For You section, based on my listening. ๐ŸŽง

_1080W_1080H.jpg

Song: Take My Breath by The Weeknd

More about The Weeknd: The Weeknd is the alias of alternative R&B enigma-turned-pop star Abel Tesfaye, whose aching accounts of emotionally and physically toxic indulgences have translated to multi-platinum sales and Grammy recognition. The singer and songwriter arrived in 2011 with three mixtapes offering morose ballads that seemed to have no designs on mainstream appeal. Within only a few years, however, Tesfaye had scored a variety of Top Ten pop hits.

_500W_500H.jpg

Album: King's Disease II by Nas (Explicit)

More about Nas: Beginning with his classic debut, Illmatic (1994), Nas has stood tall as one of New York Cityโ€™s leading rap voices, outspokenly expressing a righteous, self-empowered swagger that has endeared him to critics and hip-hop purists. 

Feel free to share any new music suggested based on your listening in the For You section. Hope everyone is having a nice week so far! ๐ŸŽง

Tags (2)

@AlyssaPandora thank you for sharing your music, and for sharing some background of the artists. I will add what I can to the GSOTD playlist, I will also mention you and your choices on the GSOTD post. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Haven't posted new music in a while.  Sharing some new music from the For You section, based on my personal listening. 

_500W_500H.jpg

Album: Still Over It by Summer Walker

More about Summer Walker: A leading light in contemporary R&B who excels with self-recorded ballads and richly detailed slow jams, Summer Walker debuted in 2018 and within a year hit number two on the Billboard 200 with Over It, her first proper album. The singer and songwriterโ€‰โ€”โ€‰who sometimes accompanies herself on guitarโ€‰โ€”โ€‰has since issued the Life on Earth EP. The Atlanta-born Walker was discovered when the studio manager of LVRN (LoveReinassance), coincidentally named Summer Walker, Googled herself and was led to videos the singer had uploaded to social media platforms

_500W_500H.jpg

Album: 30 by Adele

More about Adele: Weaving classic soul, confessional songwriting, and pop polish, English singer Adele became a global phenomenon in the 2010s, breaking records and collecting accolades along the way with her powerhouse vocals and all-too-relatable songs. Following several years of relative quiet, Adele resurfaced in October 2020 to host an episode of Saturday Night Live. A year later, she issued the single โ€œEasy on Me,โ€ the first offering from her fourth album, November 2021โ€ฒs 30. 

_500W_500H-1.jpg

EP: Sunbeam by Alina Baraz

More about Alina Baraz: Alina Baraz is a singer and songwriter whose uniformly mellow material flits between downtempo electronica and slightly left-of-center R&B. . She emerged in 2013 with several buzzed-out tracks, including โ€œDriftโ€ and โ€œMake You Feel,โ€ before gaining more widespread attention with her 2015 Galimatias - produced EP Urban Flora.

Hope you enjoy your weekend! ๐ŸŽถ

@AlyssaPandora I really look forward to seeing this post that you have created, it gives me a chance to add new music that someone has already picked to add to the GSOTD post and playlist. Thank you for sharing your music and some background about the artists and the music. You take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there ๐Ÿ‘‹

It's been awhile. I'll share some new music from the For You section, based on my personal listening. Hope you enjoy! 

_500W_500H-1.jpg 

Album: BRIGHTSIDE by The Lumineers

More about The Lumineers: Behind the smash hit โ€œHo Hey,โ€ Denver trio the Lumineers broke through in 2012 to become one of the leading lights of the indie folk movement. Over the next several years, they found widespread success due to their spirited live shows and organic blend of rock, folk, and Americana styles. 

_500W_500H-2.jpg

Song: Forget About Me by Aluna (featuring Diplo and Durante)

About Aluna: 1/2 of AlunaGeorge, the English electronic duo from London consisting of singer-songwriter Aluna Francis and producer George Reid. 

_500W_500H-1.jpg

Album: KEYS by Alicia Keys

More about Alicia Keys: Singer/songwriter and pianist Alicia Keys became an international star in the early 2000s with her sophisticated mix of classic and contemporary R&B. 

_500W_500H.jpg

Song: DFMU (Explicit) by Ella Mai

More about Ella Mai: An R&B singer and songwriter with a casually commanding voice, Ella Mai wasnโ€™t exactly an unknown artist before DJ Mustard signed her to his 10 Summers label, but the U.K. native hit the mainstream in 2018 with breakthrough single โ€œBooโ€™d Up,โ€ a sparkling slow jam that increased in popularity throughout the year.

Have a great week! ๐ŸŽถ

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹

Sharing some new music from that popped up for me under the For You section, based on my personal listening. Hope you enjoy! 

_500W_500H.jpg

Song: Shine by Koffee

More about Koffee: Known by her nickname Koffee, Mikayla Simpson is a Jamaican singer, rapper, DJ, and guitarist whose vibrant mix of dancehall, reggae, and rap earned her international attention and a major-label deal with Columbia U.K.

_500W_500H-1.jpg

Song: I Still Love You by BANKS

More about BANKS: A singer/songwriter who crafts moody, alternative pop with shades of contemporary R&B, Banks emerged in the early 2010s with a handful of downtempo, alt-R&B tracks that helped build a cross-genre audience.

_500W_500H-2.jpg

Song: Sea Dreamin' by Blank & Jones

More about Blank & Jones: Piet Blank and Jaspa Jones are a production and DJduo who played a significant role in the late-โ€™90s commercialization of trance, though they went on to be known as much for their remixes and eclectic downtempo material.

@AlyssaPandora Nice to see you back posting new music again. I will make a note for some of these songs you picked and add them to The GSOTD post and playlist. 

I hope you have a great weekend. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy Friday, folks!

Sharing some new music from For You section, based on my personal listening

_500W_500H.jpg

Album: Come Home The Kids Miss You by Jack Harlow (Explicit)

More About Jack Harlow: Rapper Jack Harlow gained significant regional buzz as a teenager coming up in Louisville, Kentuckyโ€™s hip-hop scene, but matured quickly as his styles developed with each new song. Examining the pains, victories, and boredom of youth with an honesty and vulnerability lacking in many of his peers, he went from songs about partying and hanging out on 2015โ€ฒs Handsome Harlow EP to more nuanced lyrics about sexuality, depression, and self-doubt on 2017 mixtape Gazebo.

_500W_500H-1.jpg

EP: High Water / Art of Survival by Bishop Briggs

More about Bishop Briggs: She is a Los Angeles-based singer and songwriter of dark, rock-influenced pop. Born Sarah Grace McLaughlin, she was briefly known as BISHOP before reverting to the full form of her branding inspiration, her familyโ€™s hometown of Bishopbriggs, Scotland, in order to avoid confusion with a heavy metal band of the same name. 

_500W_500H-2.jpg

Single: Lie Again by Giveon

More about Giveon: Grammy-nominated R&B artist Giveon is an elegant baritone vocalist with a thoughtful approach to songwriting. He made his major-label debut in 2019 with "Like I Want You," a bluesy, retro-contemporary ballad that registered on multiple Billboard R&B charts and paved the way for a fruitful and busy 2020. (Bio by: Andy Kellman)

_500W_500H-3.jpg

Album: blue water road by Kehlani (Explicit)

More about Kehlani: Forthright R&B singer and songwriter Kehlani became known during the mid-2010s for a modern twist on the pop-R&B and neo-soul figuresโ€‰โ€”โ€‰from TLC and Brandy to Lauryn Hill and Jill Scott  โ€‰โ€”โ€‰whose work they absorbed as a youngster.

Hope you have a great weekend! ๐ŸŒป