cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Overcoming Suicidal Thoughts/Attempts and Depression

Local Performer

I've been suicidal since I was about 10 years old. I'm 23 now. That's 13 years of wanting to kill myself and 13 years of battling with depression. It's exhausting. I was diagnosed with a mental illness two years ago and it explains the depression and suicidal thoughts/attempts as both of those are a symptom of said mental illness. There is still a lot of stigma tied to mental illness, depression, and suicide. 

I relapsed many times this month. I'm going back to therapy. I'm headed towards recovery. I am healing. 

My playlist is a mixture of songs about healing, songs about pain, and songs that I've listened to years ago when I was a severely depressed teenager that has stuck with me throughout this whole journey. 

To anyone who battles with depression and suicidal thoughts, I know it sounds extremely cliche, but you are not alone. It's so easy during this time to hyperfocus on the feeling of loneliness and on what causes us pain. I was so shocked at how many people was admitted to the hospital for suicidal attempts the last time I admitted myself to the hospital for treatment, and it showed me that I was not alone in how I was feeling.

Overcoming Depression and Suicidal Thoughts 

tumblr_52ee98116b336f7336e483dd463b3765_91764131_400.pngtumblr_aa96e9edc237fe42de1f40a7a0cabb91_19b546c6_400.pngtumblr_410afda5a7fef4620562c301dac23acb_58bf744e_400.jpg066b389cf932358f4011b355101434c12101132406729915583.jpg

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Overcoming Suicidal Thoughts/Attempts and Depression

Local Performer

Best of luck, getting out of that pit of emptiness. Been suffering as well for the past 20 something years.

Highlighted

Local Performer

I want to try DBT therapy to work through my suicidal thoughts as well as my past trauma that sometimes is the root to those thoughts. Right now I'm in CBT therapy but I've heard DBT is really good for individuals at high risk for suicide. 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

@court9723 Thanks for sharing and we are happy to have created a safe space for people to share their experiences and to offer support. If you or anyone you know ever needs a little extra emotional support, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK. The call is free and confidential and crisis workers are there 24/7 to assist. We encourage you to use Lifeline.

Erick | Community Manager

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Highlighted

Radio Rotation

@ErickPandora  great response dear friend, I liked the way you reached out to those, offering them guidance. Take care Erick and stay safe.  

mohempstead
0 Kudos