cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enjoy Your Favorite Music and Podcasts On The Go with Pandora’s New Standalone App for Apple Watch –

Pandora

watch_downloads.png

It’s no secret that Pandora is the best at bringing users the perfect audio entertainment experience for the moment they’re in right NOW – whether they’re at home, in the car, or on the go.

Now, we’re taking the whole “on the go” thing to the next level with our new standalone Pandora app for Apple Watch, which allows users to enjoy all of their favorite music and podcasts straight from their wrist, wherever they go – with no phone required.

applewatchseries4.jpg

That’s right: now you can go for a walk, a run, or just run some errands – whatever it is that moves you – and effortlessly play your favorite stations, playlists, songs, albums, and podcasts wherever you go with Pandora’s new Apple Watch app…and leave your phone behind.

In fact, you no longer need an iPhone at all to download our new app for Apple Watch and stream the best in music and podcasts from Pandora’s massive selection of top audio entertainment. Simply download it straight from the App Store on your Apple Watch, log in to your Pandora user account, and head out the door.

The standalone Pandora app means that you can control your personalized listening experience directly on your Apple Watch without needing to pull out your phone to play, pause, or skip songs, or pick up where you left off on your favorite podcasts. You can also thumb up your favorite music, adjust the volume, and manage other playback controls with ease when you’re out and about. And Pandora Premium users can search and play specific songs, albums and artists from Pandora’s huge music catalog directly from their wrist.

If you’re a Pandora Plus or Premium user, you can also enjoy offline listening on your Apple Watch when you’re not connected. Plus users can play up to four of their Pandora stations while offline, and Premium users can also enjoy downloaded songs, albums, and playlists offline – wherever and whenever they want – with (you guessed it) no phone required.

watch_downloads2.png

If you already have Pandora installed on your Apple Watch, you will automatically receive the new app when you update to the latest version of the Pandora app on your iPhone. Otherwise, to download the new Pandora app straight from your Apple Watch just follow these simple steps:

1. Open the App Store on your Apple Watch.
  2. Tap the Search bar.
  3. Select Dictation or Scribble.
  4. Say or write Pandora and tap Done.
  5. Tap Get to download the Pandora app.
  6. Confirm by double-clicking the side button.
  7. Follow the prompts to install the app.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

The new Pandora app for Apple Watch requires watchOS 6, which is compatible with Apple Watch Series 1 and above. Standalone streaming is available only on Apple Watch Series 3 and above. Streaming or downloading from your Apple Watch requires an internet connection — either through Wi-Fi or a cellular plan.

To take full advantage of Pandora’s new Apple Watch experience – with ad-free listening, searchable on-demand music and podcasts, fully customizable playlists, and expanded offline listening – sign up for a free trial of Pandora Premium today at https://www.pandora.com/upgrade/premium.

8 Comments
Alchron
On the Rise
Seems like a great idea, is there anyway we can get something like this on other devices besides Apple products?
Spampy
Local Performer

Is there a way to tell pandora to use the watch as the source, even when your phone is nearby?

I've had to put my phone in airplane mode to break the connection so far and would love to be able to specify the source manually so it doesn't freak out when i get out of range of my phone.

TannerPandora

Hi @Alchron - I believe there is a Feature Request post for a standalone app for AndroidWear - click here to check it out.  If you have another device you'd like to add, feel free to create a new post here. 

Don't forget to ❤️the features you want to see! 👍🏻

0 Kudos
TannerPandora

Hi @Spampy Looks like we have a feature request in progress for this. Check it out here, feel free to comment and don't forget to ❤️

Thanks for posting!

0 Kudos
Madhater
Local Performer

It would be a great idea if it actually worked. Everytime I open the app on my apple watch and try to play anything it crashes and shuts down everytime. It hasn't worked yet. Tried uninstalling and re-installing it 10 times with no change. Apple watch series 5 iPhone X. 

0 Kudos
Joncool
Local Performer

I can't get this to work either. Neither being out of range of my phone nor manually switching to "watch" on the Pandora app will stream music without my phone. Even downloaded stations won't work.

Apple watch series 5, iPhone XS

0 Kudos
sedmands
Local Performer

I'm not able to get this work either. .. .even in airplane mode.  Apple watch 5.  The display looks right, but if I click on stations, playlists, etc I get the spinny thing for a while then "Sorry, something went wrong.  Please try again later."  the app works on my iphone, but the watch does not seem to work on its own.

0 Kudos
gabrielita
Local Performer

will this work for those that have all of the above requirements except a cellular plan with iWatch? like have the music downloaded and ready to go before leaving connection...and then leaving without the iphone? Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos