Two years ago, Pandora set out to create the ultimate destination for Latin music featuring the most exciting and impactful contemporary artists breaking through genre barriers. Fast-forward to present day, and El Pulso is now the biggest Latin editorial station on our platform, and continues to highlight the hottest music in the genre with fresh sounds from coast to coast.
To celebrate the anniversary of El Pulso, we’re enhancing the listening experience by adding new Modes functionality, giving more control over the types of songs played. Pandora’s classic radio experience will remain the default way that songs are played on El Pulso, but there are now selectable thematic modes within the station based on your musical preferences.
- Perreo: Hardcore perreo dance tracks from artists like Bad Bunny, Guanyaa, Jowell y Randy, Plan B, and Tainy.
- Leading Ladies: The biggest female artists who are pushing the movement forward including Karol G, Natti Natasha, Becky G, Rosalia, and Shakira.
- Number Ones: Chart topping and highest spinning tracks from El Pulso over the last 2 years including J Balvin, Daddy Yankee, Maluma, Ozuna, and Anuel AA.
- Old School: El Pulso throws it back to the days of old school reggaeton with hits from artists like Wisin & Yandel, Tego Calderon, Don Omar, Zion & Lennox, and Ivy Queen.
- Tropical: El Pulso takes it back to the essence of música tropical with artists like Marc Anthony, Romeo Santos, Prince Royce, Elvis Crespo, and Gente De Zona.
We will also be spotlighting four artists on our social channels throughout the month, speaking to where they were when El Pulso debuted, and where they see themselves in five years. Check out the first one from Natti Natasha here, and stay tuned for Rosalia, Rauw Alejandro and Sech.