cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora’s Thumbprint Radio Marks 5th Anniversary with 50 Million Users and Over 2 Billion Listening

Pandora

We launched Thumbprint Radio 5 years ago as a new kind of hyper-personalized music station for Pandora users, one that’s based off the songs that each listener has thumbed-up to let us know which ones they love the most.

Thumbprint Radio takes songs that you’ve thumbed-up across all of your stations – since you first became a Pandora user – mixed with an ever-updating variety of new songs that we know you’ll love based on your thumbs, to create a single personal music station that’s as unique as your own thumbprint (get it?), and that grows and evolves with you and your tastes every time you thumb.

To say that Pandora users love Thumbprint Radio would be a great understatement. It’s been our #1 most popular station by total listening hours since its first year and has stayed at the top ever since.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.26.19 AM.png

Over 50 million Pandora users have now enjoyed Thumbprint Radio and made it a runaway success. And in the five years since Thumbprint Radio launched:

• Users have collectively spent over 2 billion hours streaming their Thumbprint Radio stations, which together have been driven by over 1 billion thumbs. 
  • Thumbprint Radio has played over 4.5 million unique songs, representing over 300,000 unique artists.

Because thumbs are a direct indication of the songs and artists Pandora users love the most (Pandora has now amassed over 100 billion total thumbs from its users!), it may come as no surprise that the all-time most popular artists on Thumbprint Radio comprise a high-wattage list of some of music’s most popular artists across the last five years:

Thumbprint Radio All-Time Top 10 Artists

1. Drake
  2. Eminem
  3. Rihanna
  4. Future
  5. Chris Brown
  6. Jason Aldean
  7. Lil Wayne
  8. Beyonce
  9. 2Pac
  10. The Weeknd

Thumbprint Radio is available to users once you have at least three stations with four thumbs on each. So, whether you’re new to thumbing or have already logged thousands, start thumbing up more of your favorite songs on Pandora today to make your personal Thumbprint Radio even bigger, better, and more uniquely you!

7 Comments
jredmondsr
Local Performer

jytthr

jredmondsr
Local Performer

y45y525yy54

0 Kudos
Donnasoborowicz
Local Performer

I'm excited to be able to listen to my favorite music,  

tnfeldbusch4lif
Local Performer
CGARCI4
Local Performer

LOVE IT! THUMBPRINT RADIO IS SO AWESOME. 🔥

Short_StaxX
Local Performer

I wad SOOOO excited when I first saw “Thumbprint Radio” come up on my stations. I was Like “No way.... this is gonna be all the songs I have ever thumbs-up’d!?! YAS!”  And I also Like that u can still 👍🏻 Or 👎🏻 Even the songs that r on Thumbprint Radio, because some song I loved back in 2014, might not still be my fav, so if I 👎🏻 It, I’m assuming it will know I no longer like the song, and if I 👍🏻 I assume Pandora says “Okay this person REALLY loves this song!”  So THANK YOU for Thimbprint Radio. Genius! 

POPPMusic
Underground

Congratulations to Thumbprint Radio on Pandora.com for reaching 50 million Pandora users !!! We enjoy POPPMusic.net Alternative R&B Music Radio by POPPMusic.net on @PandoraMusic https://www.pandora.com/playlist/PL:106729595855705513:388280076?part=ug-desktop&corr=388280076 Amplified by: POPPMusic.net via: @Poppapolis

0 Kudos