cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Biggest Names in Music Are Taking Over Pandora Stations

Pandora

Today we’re introducing Artist Takeovers, a brand new way to connect with your favorite artists. These new hosted listening Modes will live on top stations and feature the biggest names in music across Pandora’s most popular genres. Artist Takeovers will feature music handpicked by the artist including a mix of their own songs and personal favorites from other artists, with special audio commentary describing their selections and what they mean to them.

The “guest DJ” style experience will live on a Mode within popular stations including Today’s Hits, Today’s Country, Today’s Alternative, Today’s Hard Rock, and many more. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 12.57.18 PM.jpg

Today, you can check out new Artist Takeovers including The Pop-Up with Dua Lipa on Today’s Hits, The Listening Room with Florida Georgia Line on Today’s Country, and Backstage with Foo Fighters on Today’s Alternative and Today’s Hard Rock.

“We’re excited our buddies at Pandora let us be one of the first to take over The Listening Room Mode on Today’s Country Station. We’ll be playing some of our brand new tunes from LIFE ROLLS ON, plus songs we love from the hottest Country hits right now, to ones you need to hear by our friends, tourmates, co-writers, and musical heroes. We hope you enjoy our mix!” -Florida Georgia Line’s Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard

The new Artist Takeover series began rolling out in recent months with Shawn Mendes, Chris Stapleton, and more. Artist Takeover Modes are a pop-up experience on stations, and selections from each carry over into Pandora Stories playlists for continued listening.

Artist Takeovers are an extension of Pandora Modes, a feature allowing you to customize your listening experience on favorite Pandora stations by offering a set of selectable “modes” that give more control over the kinds of songs that are played.

New Artist Takeovers across a variety of genres will debut each month, so stay tuned for new and exclusive behind-the-scenes content.

16 Comments
MW2
Local Performer

Hi,

You guys doing great.

Ggvbb
Local Performer

Hi you baby

0 Kudos
ESSENTIALCRAZY
Local Performer

Yall are so great together!

0 Kudos
Ckkdkdkx
Local Performer

Correct the highlight errors

0 Kudos
Ckkdkdkx
Local Performer

Okay this is a good application Pandora

clmcglown
Local Performer

Sounds awesome I'm looking forward for it to get going. I hope they stick with their music and not have artist who music does not relate to theirs randomly take over.

RealmrMata
Local Performer

Yes maybe can you do a periodical for the one hit wonders of the 90s and early 2000s even the eighties and do maybe where are they now with the video then and maybe a new remix now with new hot artists.?

0 Kudos
GinMd
Local Performer

I do not like this.  I cannot figure out how to stop the takeovers of my station.

Wheels7185
Local Performer

We specifically use Pandora for the no commercials and no talking. We pay for the  premium and now this is gonna drive us AWAY from Pandora. 

Trevor1
Diamond in the Rough

Why would that drive you away from Pandora?  Who is this we you are referring to?  The Artist Takeover is typically a mode on one of the stations, if you don’t want to hear the artist takeover just simply choose a different mode? Typically when a service offers an additional option it’s a good thing. If you don’t want to use the additional artist takeover, you don’t have to and you don’t lose anything. 

ElmoRutt
Local Performer

I find these takeovers annoying. How do I turn them off?

0 Kudos
Trevor1
Diamond in the Rough

I definitely want to be helpful but I am confused. Do you not know how to simply choose a different mode for a channel? If you don’t understand how to change the mode you are listening to, here is a link to everything you need to know about Station modes 

https://help.pandora.com/s/article/Pandora-Modes?language=en_US

Wheels7185
Local Performer
Yes, I know about how to change the mode (now.) But the Musician
Announcements still happen from time to time.

Again, I'm happy for those that enjoy it. We choose Pandora over all other
streaming services specifically for "Stations" and the complete lack of
announcers / announcements.
0 Kudos
Trevor1
Diamond in the Rough

Then just turn off the artist announcements. It’s not hard 

IMG_0111.png

ElmoRutt
Local Performer

All of my artist announcements are off but I still get some.

Several times I've been driving down the road, with the mode set to My Station and my phone on the seat next to me with the screen locked (i.e. I didn't change the mode), but I still get an artist takeover. Most recently it happened on Sunday.

0 Kudos
Trevor1
Diamond in the Rough

Well if turning them off doesn’t work for you and your phone is randomly changing modes on you with no one touching the phone. It may be time to find another service that doesn’t have station modes so your phone can’t randomly change it. I can’t offer any other suggestions since none of that has ever happened to me and I have been using the service on and off since like 2008.  Heck, I have the artist announcements on for every single channel I can and it happens so infrequently that I forget it even is a thing.  I switch between all the services, so there isn’t one I haven’t used.  So you have plenty of options and they don’t have modes or artist announcements so you never have to worry about hearing someone say something.  Maybe others in the community can confirm they are having the same mysterious mode changing thing happening and then that could lead to someone figuring out why. I also did a Google search to see if there were any articles about this happening. I can’t find anything about this.  

0 Kudos