cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally started Premium Access session

Mrmlikesfrogs
Local Performer

I hate premium! I pay for plus. I clicked on the trial but didn't change my subscription, now it isn't showing plus it's showing premium. How do I change it? If I have to wait for the trial to be over before I have my plus back I'm going to cancel and uninstall it! I want what I pay for not something else!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@Mrmlikesfrogs Sorry for any confusion.

Our support team has taken a look at your account and has confirmed that you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account reverted back to Pandora Plus automatically at the end of the session - you weren't charged any Pandora Premium fees.

For more information on how Pandora Premium Sessions work, you can view this article.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
82 Replies

AdamPandora

@Mrmlikesfrogs Sorry for any confusion.

Our support team has taken a look at your account and has confirmed that you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account reverted back to Pandora Plus automatically at the end of the session - you weren't charged any Pandora Premium fees.

For more information on how Pandora Premium Sessions work, you can view this article.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Davem148
Local Performer

In fact I have nothing in "My collection". I'm using the desktop version. I had the free listener account. Now my songs are no longer available. There is nothing on my "Recently played" section as well.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Davem148 thansk for posting to community! 

The free ad-supported version of Pandora is designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on your station.

However, it looks like you've deleted all your stations. Here's how to get started with new stations.

To create a station:

1. In the Search tool at the top of your screen enter an artist, song, composer or genre.
  2. Then click the appropriate search result (it may help to filter your results by Station).
  3. From a source's backstage page click Start Station to add the station to your collection.

You can also use Browse to view station and playlist suggestions picked just for you.

You can find Browse next to My Collection on the home screen of our website.

Additionally, it looks like you are enabling a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand, such as songs, albums and playlists.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

When the Premium session ends, you'll automatically be transitioned back to the free version of Pandora. This may explain why any collected songs, albums or playlists are not avaialable when you are in the free version. 

In order to listen or view that content again, you'll have to trigger a new session of Premium. To start a new session, simply search our library from your mobile device for a song or album, and click play. If you are eligible for a free session of Pandora Premium, clicking play will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy your on-demand content.

Hope this helped to explain. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Davem148
Local Performer

Yeah, I purposefully deleted the stations since I wanted individual songs. Well, the 80s one was okay. But then I had a good number of individual songs on there and then they disappeared. But I guess with the account that I had they were going to go anyway?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Davem148 It's not currently possible to listen to most content "on-demand" through ad-supported Pandora or Pandora Plus.

So you won't actually be able to add specific songs to your account while on the free service.

If you would like to listen to a song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Pandora Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

Use this link to learn more about upgrading. Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on your station.

While these Pandora stations will learn what you like and don't like based on Thumbs feedback, it's not possible to predict exactly which song will play next. Only Pandora Premium offers users that level of control.

Thanks again for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

JHT
Local Performer

Clicked on a song my daughter posted on FB, next thing I know it says I signed up for the trial subscription. I am not happy at being unknowingly sucked into this. I did go to your help page and still don't know how to cancel the trial. I was on my tablet, don't have Amazon App store installed, never signed up for Google pay, don't have Apple anything, so have no clue who would charge me. I tried going to the Pandora site on my lap top cannot find any subscription link.. I do not want this trial and do not want a subscription of any kind.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity, format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@JHT Sorry for any confusion.

It looks like you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium on your account, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand. 

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, you can initiate them without worrying about being charged for Premium.

Our support team has confirmed that your account has already reverted to normal.

No charges were made as that was a free session of Pandora Premium you enabled.

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

erik158
Local Performer

Hello, 

I logged in today and all my stations are replaced by stations I do not recognize. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@erik158 I moved your post to this thread since it appears you were also enabling free sessions of Pandora Premium on your account.

If you accept a complimentary Premium Access session of Pandora Premium from Pandora (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Pandora Plus experiences. 

This would explain why you weren't seeing your typical station list.

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Pandora Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on our upgrade page

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Rodrigo_p17
Local Performer

I was using pandora and out of nowhere it started saying I was using the free trial. I want to cancel this and not have to pay anything. I can’t find a way to do it. Please cancel anything on my account 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Rodrigo_p17 I moved your post to this thread since it appears you also initiated a free session of Pandora Premium on your account.

No charges will be made as this Premium session was initiated by watching an ad.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information on how Premium sessions work. 

0 Kudos

nancy
Local Performer

blue check mark by a thumbs up song that never plays, help

I have above my station something I have never seen,  New Playlist Station.  I did not create it and it has several songs some play some do not, one has a blue checkmark by it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@nancy I'd be happy to look into this.

What is the name of the station that was created on your account?

Additionally, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for all your help with this! 

0 Kudos

nancy
Local Performer

I do not want to cancel, I have two brain tumors and Pandora is better than pills.  Somehow I got the free Pandora Premium Trial and I wrote customer support and their answer was not helpful, it was confusing.  They said cancel the ad and add a new song.  The ad has not popped up for the rest of the day.  Someone said I should cancel the auto renewal so I will not be charged.  I have not even used the trial.  How do I cancel the renewal.  I want to stay with the Pandora, I love and need it any help would really be a blessing.  Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@nancy I see what is happening here. I went ahead and moved your messages to this thread as it appears you have been initiating free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad.

If you accept a complimentary Premium Access session of Pandora Premium from Pandora (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Pandora Plus experiences. 

With that being said, you won't actually need to cancel anything as no charges will be made for initiating these free sessions. Your account automatically reverts back to the free service after the Premium session has ended.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

bhoefener1
Local Performer

Yes

I am already paying Premium, yet every time i sign in it asks me to upgrade.

However, today when I clicked on upgrade it said the price has increased from $5/mo to $10 so they want me to click sign that subscription. 
So there is no definition of terms for the $5 accounts anymore, so I suppose they will continue to collect money without any input from me.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bhoefener1 thanks for posting to community! I've moved your post to another thread that fits your message more: Accidentally started Premium Access session

I've taken a look at your account, and see that you are actually upgraded to Pandora Plus, for $4.99 a month, not Premium, and you're billed directly through Pandora, not Google Play. 

Since you're a Plus subscriber, it sounds like you may have searched for content that is available to listen to on-demand.

We've updated the search function so that you can look for on-demand content as well as radio stations that you might enjoy, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and tap on the name of an artist, song, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page," where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you may see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead.

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

For more information on upgraded to Premium, please visit our upgrade page

I hope this helps to explain. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

hobson
Local Performer

I am having the same issue.  I believe I accidentally click for a trial and I don’t want that.   Please help in removing it.  I don’t want any subscription plans or trial.  Thanks.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@hobson I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community tidy.

To clarify, it appears you initiated a free session of Pandora Premium - not an actual payment-backed trial.

No charges will be made on your account as that was a free Premium session that was initiated after you watched an ad.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos