cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally started Premium Access session

Mrmlikesfrogs
Local Performer

I hate premium! I pay for plus. I clicked on the trial but didn't change my subscription, now it isn't showing plus it's showing premium. How do I change it? If I have to wait for the trial to be over before I have my plus back I'm going to cancel and uninstall it! I want what I pay for not something else!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
82 Replies

AdamPandora

@hollyldc I moved your post over to this existing thread: Accidentally started Premium Access session

To clarify, your account is currently on a one-year gift subscription to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

To explain the message you received, it looks like you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account reverted back to Pandora Plus automatically at the end of the session - you weren't charged any Pandora Premium fees.

For more information on how Pandora Premium Sessions work, you can view this article.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Cappylarou
Local Performer

So I was listening to one of my stations and noticed at the top it said curated mode. I pressed the button and then pressed artist only and now my Pandora looks and plays completely different than it did before. How do I get it back to functioning normally like it did before I press that button? I have since set it back to my station but it's no longer blue, my stations do not show the way they used to, and I'm completely frustrated with the way this works. Can anyone here help me get Pandora functioning like it did before I hit that stupid button

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Cappylarou. 👋

Looks like you enabled a complimentary session of Premium. You can find out more about how these sessions work here: Premium Access Sessions

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account will return to your regular service automatically at the end of the session and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

In the meantime, it looks like your account has already reverted to normal. Are you still having trouble?

Feel free to let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

AddMeOnRoblox
Local Performer

Hey do you know how i can cancel my free subscription?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@AddMeOnRoblox I moved your post to this thread since you reported a similar issue: Accidentally started Premium Access session

To clarify, it looks like you initiated a free session of Pandora Premium.

These free sessions are triggered after watching an advertisement to stream on demand content - no charges will be made as result of this.

No further action is needed on your end as your account has already reverted back to your regular service.

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

AddMeOnRoblox
Local Performer

ok thanks for telling me

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

No problem at all, @AddMeOnRoblox.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 😎

0 Kudos

meghan5306
Local Performer

Please cancel my premium subscription, as I don't use it and I don't want to have to pay for it. Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@meghan5306 I moved your post to this thread since you reported a similar issue: Accidentally started Premium Access session

These free sessions are triggered after watching an advertisement to stream on demand content - no charges will be made as result of this.

No further action is needed on your end as your account has already reverted back to your regular service.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

aubury47
Local Performer

Don't want premium already have plus leave me at plus

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @aubury47. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Accidentally started Premium Access session

At this time, your account is upgraded to a monthly Plus subscription - not Premium. However, I do see that you recently enabled a complimentary session of Premium. 

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station. When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, you won't be charged any Premium fees.

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

0 Kudos

djenn1968
Local Performer

I do not want plus or premium. I activated a premium or plus trial by accident. Please revert me back to the free version. Thanks

mod edit: removed personal email

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @djenn1968. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry for any confusion. To keep everything organized, I moved your post to this existing thread: Accidentally started Premium Access session

At this time, you still have a free Pandora account. However, I do see that you recently enabled a complimentary session of Premium. You can find out more about how these sessions work here: Premium Sessions

Free Premium sessions allow you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand. Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account reverted back to the free ad-supported version of Pandora automatically at the end of the session - you weren't charged any Pandora Premium fees.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

tiffanyleilarse
Local Performer

I Accidentally started Premium Access session.  I don't want it.  It's terrible.  It made the thumb buttons disappear.  It doesn't work like pandora.  I hate it.  I was thinking about paying for a better pandora version, but this premium **ahem** proves that the best version is the free one.  Please revert my account.  This is so so terrible.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tiffanyleilarse It looks like your account has already reverted back to its original state.

This being said, Thumb ratings are still present with a Pandora Premium subscription when you are listening to your regular radio stations.

However, if you are playing content on demand such as a specific song or album, you won't see the option to Thumb Up/Down.

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos

tiffanyleilarse
Local Performer

I never asked to play music on demand.  I was just adding a new channel and BAM the buttons were gone and I have some membership that I never asked for. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tiffanyleilarse Can you please send me a screenshot of the station you attempted to add when your Premium Session was initiated?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Amberterryonna
Local Performer

How do I get back to free subscription 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Amberterryonna I moved your post to this thread since you reported a similar issue: Accidentally started Premium Access session

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

pschuna
Local Performer

How do I stop the premium session. I hate it

0 Kudos