cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally started Premium Access session

Mrmlikesfrogs
Local Performer

I hate premium! I pay for plus. I clicked on the trial but didn't change my subscription, now it isn't showing plus it's showing premium. How do I change it? If I have to wait for the trial to be over before I have my plus back I'm going to cancel and uninstall it! I want what I pay for not something else!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
76 Replies

randa_09
Local Performer

I accidentally started a free trial that I do not want to be charged for when it is over. I read a similar post that said that person would not be charged, but it also stated that someone looked at their account to assure that happened. I do not want to be charged anywhere for something that seems to have just randomly started on its own. Thank youl

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @randa_09! Thanks for posting to community.

I've moved your message over to an existing post: Accidentally started Premium Access session

I checked your account and rest assured you have not activated a trial on your account. However, you did start a Premium Access session by listening to a song or album on-demand. These session end automatically after the session is over. 

For more info about on Premium Access sessions I would check out @AdamPandora post here.

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

kp180
Local Performer

I am having the same problem, and need help fixing it.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@kp180 I moved your post to this thread since it doesn't look like your account was actually signed up for any free trial.

Instead, it appears you started a free session of Pandora Premium when attempting to stream a track or album on demand.

No charges will be made on your account as that was a free Premium session that was initiated after you watched an ad.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

habster3233
Local Performer

I wish to check my subscription status.   The ways listed do not work...as the cancel option does not appear.   They only show the two option to select    change to Plus   Change to Premium.

Furthermore,  If I am on a trial....I wish to cancel...

Please advise and please make this easier...this is not intuitive nor user friendly. 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@habster3233 I moved your post to this thread since you were running into similar issue.

It doesn't look like you signed up for any payment-backed trials or subscriptions.

Instead it looks like you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

This would explain why you weren't showing any active subscriptions within your account settings.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account reverted back to Pandora Plus automatically at the end of the session - you weren't charged any Pandora Premium fees.

For more information on how Pandora Premium Sessions work, you can view this article.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

Destiny19
Local Performer

I accidentally hit the accept button for the free trial and I want to cancel it cuz I don’t want to get charged but I can’t find it in my subscriptions please help me cancel it!!!!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Destiny19 I moved your post to this thread since you were running into similar issue.

It doesn't look like you signed up for any payment-backed trials or subscriptions.

Instead it looks like you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account reverted back to Pandora Plus automatically at the end of the session - you weren't charged any Pandora Premium fees.

For more information on how Pandora Premium Sessions work, you can view this article.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😎

0 Kudos

Local Performer

thank you,Adam! so I'm not signed up for any paid( paying) Pandora account or 'free' premium trial!? Great! I was listening to Pandora and it said that I was! I don't know how! But the help sites sounded like it was almost impossible for an internet neophyte like me to cancel! I love Pandora and I hope to keep listening- do I need an account to do that? Please make it more difficult to sign up for a premium trial inadvertently, and easier to cancel it! If I have an account it could be under one of two emails - do you see it?

also, I don't know how to turn off Pandora when I stop listening. How do I do that? 

thank you so much for your help!

John

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@5682 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

To clarify, it looks like you initiated a free session of Pandora Premium - not an actual payment-backed trial.

These free sessions are triggered after watching an advertisement to stream on demand content - no charges will be made as result of this.

No further action is needed on your end as your account has already reverted back to the free service.

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

kmcladdagh
Local Performer

I accidentally hit one of the drop down menus and I think it was to upgrade.  I want to go back to the service that I had.  How do I do this. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kmcladdagh

I moved your post over to an existing thread: Accidentally started Premium Access session

I checked your account and can confirm that you're set to our free ad-supported service, however it looks like you triggered a Premium Access session by listening to content on-demand.

For more information about Premium Access, please checkout @AdamPandora post here

Thanks for posting to community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

jorefice9220
Local Performer

I just clicked something and now I'm afraid I accidentally signed up for Premium. How do I discontinue it? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jorefice9220 I moved your post to this thread since you reported a similar issue.

To clarify, it looks like you initiated a free session of Pandora Premium.

These free sessions are triggered after watching an advertisement to stream on demand content - no charges will be made as result of this.

No further action is needed on your end as your account has already reverted back to your regular Pandora Plus subscription.

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 😎

cre8onlyluv
Local Performer

Not only are instructions VERY VAGUE but there are some that don't EVEN exist.  I wanted to see about an artist only station but it never said that I would be AUTOMATICALLY up me to a premium account for just attempting to set one up.  I DON'T WANT A PREMIUM ACCOUNT.  Nor did it ever say that I couldn't change an existing station to 'artist only' UNLESS I had a premium account,  What?  Are Pandora users supposed to be mind readers?  You really need to try to be more communicative and understandable.  Test things on people who are NOT already familiar with Pandora.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cre8onlyluv I moved your post over to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Accidentally started Premium Access session

To clarify, it looks like you initiated a free session of Pandora Premium - not an actual monthly or annual subscription.

These free sessions are triggered after watching an advertisement to stream on demand content (this includes switching to Artist Only Mode). No charges will be made as result of this.

No further action is needed on your end as your account has already reverted back to your regular Pandora Plus subscription.

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Pwnageco
Local Performer

I have pandora plus why is my app changing the channel and says my premium session has ended?? I don’t have premium I pay for plus ...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Pwnageco I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Accidentally started Premium Access session

To clarify, it looks like those Premium Access sessions you have been enabling are getting triggered when you attempt to stream specific songs or albums on demand.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

Pwnageco
Local Performer

That’s all well and good and nice but not my issues at all

i don’t try to play anything Specific on demand for Pandora that’s what Spotify is for I use Pandora only for the radio stations so that is my issue my radio stations are getting changed and it is saying that my premium session has ended when I never began a premium session is all I do the same thing every time is click on a radio station that I have created most of them are over 10 years old this has only started to happen recently

Is there an option to completely disable the premium sessions? That would be the best option because in my mind they’re worthless because I paid for plus is all I need is a radio station I don’t need specific song or artist 

Also I never have to listen to ads because I have plus for the radio stations 

which is why I’m so confused why I am starting a premium session 

I do the same thing that I’ve done for years and click on _______ radio station 

never trying to play a specific artist or song just hit play on the radio station 

then it starts playing after a while my radio will switch stations and say that my premium session has ended when I never started one lolololol

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Pwnageco I had our support team take a look on their end, and they have confirmed that they do see multiple sessions of Pandora Premium have been initiated on your account over the last few days.

While there isn't a way to permanently disable Premium Access sessions (unless you officially upgrade to a Premium subscription), our support team is interested in hearing more about this.

They have enabled a trace on your account and would like to see if you can reproduce the issue.

Can you please let us know the exact steps you are taking when this happens?:

1. Are you searching for a station, and then clicking play directly from the search results that populate?
  2. Or are you sorting your collection by Stations, and then clicking play on one of your radio stations from there?
  3. Any screenshots/screen-recordings would be helpful for them as well.

Thanks for working with us on this! 🤝

0 Kudos