cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Commercials

Ciao
Local Performer

I have been listening to Pandora for almost 11 years now. I came here to find out how to keep an offensive or inappropriate ad from playing on particular stations. No real solution was offered. Either go preimium, or deal with it. Yes, I know you can block explicit material in general, but I just want to keep certain ads from playing on stations where the context would make it very inappropriate. The official stance offered in the forum basically called having such an option censorship. I don't agree. The whole business model of Pandora is the ability to tailor your listening experience. This problem doesn't exist on actual radio, because ads are tailored to the audiance. I know advertisers pay for air time, but it wouldn't be impossible to modify your advertising package. Wasn't there once a button for this? Bottem line: I don't want an ad for a song coming on that has some girl rapping about getting head in a hummer, when I'm listening to Christmas music with my kids! If my options are cutting down my music selection, not listening, or putting down money in order to be honored as a customer, then I am done.
Huge increase in ads, and now this issue? Killing an innovative product by selling out. Classic move of businusses the stop listening to their customers, and eventually tank. Don't bother with automated responce either please. I have seen that so many times in the forum already.

0 Kudos

Re: Commercials

AdamPandora

@Ciao Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I'm happy to look into this - the next time an explicit ad plays on one of your Christmas stations, please reply to this message with the following:

1. What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
  2. Do you remember anything else specifically mentioned in the ad you heard?
  3. How are you accessing Pandora? Are you on a computer, phone, tablet or in-home device (TV, Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc.)?
  4. Was it a visual ad, an audio ad, or a video ad with audio?
  5. What is the name of the station this ad played on?
  6. What day did this advertisement play?

If you're able to get a screenshot of the ad, please send that along as well.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Re: Ad Feedback - Explicit Ads

PirateRooster
Local Performer

Just who are you to judge what I listen to??  If you don't want to hear it, fine.  Don't listen to it.  But there are others who would like that.  Besides, my rights don't end where your feelings begin!!

0 Kudos

Re: Advertisement

just2vicky
Local Performer

Hi there, I have inappropriate ads to report.

1 - NHTSA for drunk driving (including "you drink, you drive, you die" and also Enbrel medicine for chronic diseases. Inapropriate for a 5 year old.

2 - accessing on Android phone app

3 - both had visual and audio

4 - Kids' Christmas Radio

5 - 12 noon and 7pm

Screenshots attached.

Screenshot_20201221-121154_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20201221-121201_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20201222-185129_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thank you for reporting these, @just2vicky.

I have escalated your feedback to our Ads team so they can further investigate.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora: 

0 Kudos

schizophrenia adds

tregraff
Local Performer

I hear this add every hour, totally inappropriate.

Why would I be targeted? Do my 3 and 4 year old kids need to hear about a scary experience in a subway and getting a monthly shot while they listen to the Disney sing along channel? Do better Pandora, or lose listeners.

0 Kudos

Re: schizophrenia adds

AdamPandora

@tregraff I'm happy to look into this - the next time an explicit ad plays on one of your Christmas stations, please reply to this message with the following:

1. Do you remember the brand or website name associated with this ad?
  3. How are you accessing Pandora? Are you on a computer, phone, tablet or in-home device (TV, Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc.)?
  6. What day did this advertisement play?

If you're able to get a screenshot of the ad, please send that along as well.

0 Kudos

Jj6
Local Performer

I’d like to report the Febreeze ad, accessing it on my phone, audio ad, heard it on my Broadway station, around 6:10pm MDT. I don’t like that it swore, and I don’t want to listen to ads like that. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jj6 It looks like you currently have your account set up to allow explicit content.

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing this on the web:

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 4.19.59 AM.png

You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language.

To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Pandora ads

ChristianGirl
Local Performer

I am a christian and I am very offended with the ad saying that abortion is okay and that god will understand too! That goes against the holy bible! It is not for me to judge choices that people make but it is wrong to say god is okay with it! False information!!! God does offer forgiveness however it should never be taken lightly and mothers will have to live with their decisions for the rest of their lives. Don't lie to people. 

0 Kudos

Re: Pandora ads

AdamPandora

@ChristianGirl I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad Feedback - Explicit Ads

I'm happy to look into this - please include as much of the below information as possible:

1. What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
  6. What day, and what time of day did this advertisement play?

If you're able to get a screenshot of what's happening, please send that along as well.

0 Kudos

Inappropriate ads on children's channel

Suja
Local Performer

I'm playing a children's channel (Heavenly lullabies (Children's radio)) for my kids at night on February 17th 2021. I've heard an ad twice already 8.55pm and 9.05pm on Clear blue, talking about ovulation, period, pregnancy and having a baby. This isn't the first time and it's a common occurrence. Previously ads have played that talk about Vegas, getting drunk, condoms. 

I can't understand how Pandora can target these ads on a children's channel. It just seems to get more prevalent. When are you going to filter ads appropriate to the channel audience? Or allow people to filter themselves?? 

Screenshot_20210217-210558.png

0 Kudos