cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: commercials

@MillerArt Thanks for following up. 

I moved your post to this thread as you had similar feedback.

Check out the accepted solution to this post for tips on how you can prevent explicit ads from playing on your account.

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground

Actually this doesn't help, I can't figure it out.  Whenever I go to settings I get something that does not all me to access anything as described.  I've attached two screen shots of my process.  

What am I doing wrong?

pandora settings.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@MillerArt It looks like you are still in the community based off of the screenshot you sent.

You will need to sign into your account on the actual Pandora website in order to follow those steps.

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground

Thank you, I was able to adjust the settings.

Highlighted

Adult products on Religious Christmas Station

Local Performer

Why do I receive condom commercials on my religious Christmas music station? There should be an option to notify Pandora administrators when adverts are inappropriate from the advert page. The commercial came on while my family and I were making dinner at 6 pm. I have a screenshot as well of the Trojan Condom commercial. This is the second time it has occurred in the past 24 hours. If this continues then I will not continue to use Pandora. If the suggestion is to subscribe in order to have advert free listening then I pray you fix your business model.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Adult products on Religious Christmas Station

@BattleB I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first. Could you tell me a little more?

Please include as much of the below information as possible:

1. How are you accessing Pandora? Are you on a computer, phone, tablet or in-home device (TV, Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc.)?
  2. Which of your station(s) did you hear/see it on?

Once I have more information about the ad, I can pass it along to our advertising team.

We really appreciate your help with this! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

pandora...wake the "F" up! ADS ARE NOT APPROPIATE!

Local Performer

Pandora advertising executives and Executive Management   You all must truly be idiots...you want to lose the "older crowd" and just normal mainstream people? I am so tired of listening to ads that are about a stabbing pain I may have in my uterus, acne in my groin, adoption because I got myself pregnant and the contradictory ads concerning contraception. Have you all lost your **ahem** minds? I mean you really need to step up your end game. Is it about advertising dollars or subscription revenue? Why don't you braininess overpaid employees think logically and at least if you are going to play inappropriate ads, at lease make the free version subscriber pick their advertising interests instead of throwing out stupid ads at a demographic that they do not fit. I am 49, business woman, mother of grown sons...do you think I want to hear the same ads as a 25 year old millennial? Not a freaking chance! Now maybe I could choose between travel, diet plans and healthy meal delivery service we would be on target. If Pandora was my company I would have you all fired for not suggesting such a simple idea.

Moderator Edit: Format

Highlighted

Re: pandora...wake the "F" up! ADS ARE NOT APPROPIATE!

@flapjac I moved your post to this thread since you have similar feedback.

It looks like your account is currently set to "allow" explicit content.

For more information on how you can prevent these types of advertisements from playing on your account, check out the accepted solution to this post.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I work in a clinic for children and play multiple instrumental stations. An Adam and Eve ad pops up almost regularly and I have had to leave the site in a rush so kids don't hear it.

1. Adam and Eve, usually offering a discount code to "get a sexy toy"
  2. Accessing using a computer
  3. Audio ad only
  4. Relaxation Radio, Air Radio, and Instrumental Chill Radio
  5. 10am-4pm, any time of day
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@doodygroody Thank you for reporting this - I have escalated this over to our Ads team so they can further investigate.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Playing Pandora at work:

Additionally, it sounds like you're using Pandora to play music in a public setting (which is not considered personal use).

If so, we have a solution for you. Pandora is available and optimized for use in settings like these through Mood Media, with features like unlimited listening, no advertising, and a media player that can connect to your existing sound system.

Additionally, due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) cannot legally be used to play music in a commercial or public setting. Any Pandora listening that isn't personal and private, even for non-profit or tax exempt organizations, must be properly licensed through Mood Media, which fairly compensates artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rightsholders.

Use of Pandora in these settings is available only via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more or sign up, click here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Explicit ads playing on Christmas stations

Local Performer

Evening, 

Recently starting getting "Trojan Man" condom ads and Tampax tampon ads playing during Christmas music. 

Verified the station is Christmas only.  Played through iPhone running iOS 13

Stationed enabled are as follows:

Christmas Traditional Radio | Classical Christmas Radio |  Today's Christmas Radio | Christmas Radio

Intentionally unselected all other stations so to prevent them from seeding my shuffle tracks.  Makes for a really awkward time when the kids are singing along to Silent  Night and then the Trojan Man commerical breaks in and is "not" subtle about it!  

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity, Format

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Explicit ads playing on Christmas stations

@VT108 Thank you for reporting this - I've gone ahead and escalated this to our Ads team so they can investigate.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos